The 16 Best Paint Colours with Oak or Wood Cabinets & Trim, While I dont have many photos of Silvermist yet, its a STUNNER that I get asked about ALL the time in my Online Paint Colour Consulting! I love Rainwashed on a large test swatch, but for some reason when I do a google image search for it, the rooms mainly look pastel minty rather than the green/grey of my swatch! On a small scale you can make a colour custom simply by darkening/lighting it by 25% 50%. Eclectic Porchby Merritt Island Interior Designers & Decorators Island Paint and Decorating. It is a warm gray and tends to look great with pops of color, black . Thank you for your help. These E-books cover a wide range of topics and are sure to have you refreshing your space and rethinking how you live in your home! Revere Pewter (HC-172) from Benjamin Moore is always at the top of the "Best Neutral Paint Colors" lists. As an Amazon Associate decoratedlife.com earns from qualifying purchases. This works well if you have quite a bit of natural light. The LRV for Benjamin Moore OC-54 White Wisp is 79.23. They include colors like Paris Rain 1501, Heather Gray 2139-40, and Intrigue 1580. This color is incredible. Gray Wisp is just a few paint chips away from Quiet Moments. I love rich colors with white trim. Thank you Celeste, that is SW Collonade Gray (mad love), Hi Kylie, I have enjoyed reading your blog and appreciate all the great information regarding paint colors. Thats what Quiet Moments is all abouta little me time, some space to chill out. sounds like youre spinning in gray circles. Ahhhh! Notice in the above photos how the colour can rise or fall back depending on the light its getting. They would bounce off of each other, as opposites attract and make each other look stronger. Its not baby powder pink but its close in my books. If youre not a fan of undertones (knowing that EVERY gray will have them), but want a LITTLE bit of interest, you might like the approach of Wickham Gray. I love reading this article very good information and choices of color. this post on cool gray paint . I have a mudroom with a back door to the backyard. I love your descriptions and explanations I know it is not especially popular but I am wondering if you have written about lavender and violet? Quiet Moments is one of those chameleon shades that can look green in some lights, blue in others, and once in a while just look grayish. Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? If you want to use them for great articles like this one, no problem. I really want to find a good combo of a gray type color for the bedroom and a gray/blue/green type color for the master bath. I LOVE Smoke, and I wish I had a photo of it for you, but it keeps disappearing into thin airget it? If you're looking for a lighter blue color, a color like Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp has a gray undertone mixed with the blue. When Stevie isnt writing and researching, she likes to knit, crochet, and spin yarn on her antique Great Wheel. Again, the Quiet Moments is a nice subtle backdrop for everything else going on in the space. Kylie, I enjoy your posts and I learned a LOT before I chose a paint color for my main living areas. I think I will consider it for my porch ceiling. . If youre interested, the link is here, Id love to help! . Email me directly at postcardsfromtheridge@gmail.com it you want to set this up. There are so many nice white paint colors to use with it. 7 / 10. Your email address will not be published. And yes, those darned porch overhangs can kill almost ANY colour, so shell also want to supplement with some good interior lighting to help a colour along . I think youre at the point where youre overthinking things (easy to do, I do it in my home ALLLLL the time) https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Cloud White CC-40 by Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray walls. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. Quiet Moments is that me time you know you need but dont take nearly as often as you should. Not sure what LRV is? Thank you, When I was testing all of my samples together on the wall, Quiet Moments looked like a slightly darker version of Sherwin Williams Sea Salt to me. While Silver Strand is a blend, its MUCH more likely to favour the blue, softened quite a bit by the gray, with the green playing a smaller part. Shop Now CC-110 Muslin CC-110 Muslin Beautiful with white cabinets and trim. Beach Glass, which looks even brighter thank Silver Sage. On walls that got intense sun I used the darker color. Its oneof my very favorites and will go in virtually any room. My last house was a quaint Cape Cod so I understand small rooms and low ceilings. I love your advice and boat loads of helpful information about the ranges of flexibility within one color. My painter would like to start on the new color in three days and I dont know what to do. Benjamin Moore Blue Gray Paint Colors. In fact, it is actually more green than I had originally envisioned. Seems very blue. The cant-miss move is partnering this color with your favorite white. It works nicely with the gray undertones as well as the warmer ones in the draperies. I stumbled on your blog while searching Pinterest for the perfect gray for our large space that doesnt get a ton of sunlight. I just have to choose. BM Aegean Teal curious! The chip does NOT do it justice, you have to put it on a wall to really appreciate it. Here you can see where we used it in a clients custom living room design. The most beautiful color in exactly the right room. What are your thoughts on painting the ceilings the same light gray color as the You mentioned BM beach glass. At this point, I just want to know what the color is, since I have been studying these pictures for so long. If the room has reasonably good lighting from the exterior yes. They have said my house is difficult because the colors change from one wall to another. Im looking at repainting my living room sea salt. And heres an additional palette for you to use. PERSONALLY, it makes me twitch and if I painted my room pink, it would only INCREASE my stress level and I might have to cover up those pretty pink walls with some padding to BANG MY HEAD AGAINST. Hi Betty! Have you checked out Sherwin Williams Sea Salt its a hugely popular colour and is a nice blend of blue/green without that murky yellow! Its fresh and relaxing and looks like the perfect place to unwind after a long day. My husband and I agree its the perfect rug for our space! I used BM Ashwood in our bedroom . Is Gray Still Trendy on Walls, Cabinets & Exteriors? I love Gray Wisp CC670, Smoky Green CC700, and Mount Saint Anne CC710. With a more shadowed space I would imagine that it might go a bit more green/blue in the morning and then more gray/blue in the afternoon when the sun is opposite. Revere Pewter has an LRV of 55. Look at the color youre considering in the room that you will be painting, not outside in the bright sun. =). Next up the master bedroom. Perfect for couples who want to spend peaceful evenings after long days at work. Anyway. Bold color but so gorgeous. I am impressed with your blog and familiarity with colors. While Sea Salt is great for a room, its not as nice for a whole home (too much of a good thing), Silver Marlin can easily look more blue or more green depending on your. I created my Online Color Consulting for readers just like you I have some affordable packages you can check out here https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Benjamin Moore Thunder AF-685 is a soft neutral gray paint color that will add sophistication to any space. Edgecomb Gray, Benjamin Moore. Thank you! 2023 Postcards from the Ridge Theme by Restored 316, Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments Paint Color Spotlight. That doesnt mean shes overly dark, but she IS well-seated in the medium end of things with a bit more meat on her bones than the others, While there is some green in Mount Saint Anne, shes definitely a blue-dominant colour, Grassland is a great way to get colour on your walls, without going too far, It has an LRV of 50, so its a nice light-medium depth, Ocean Air has an LRV of 73, leaving it sitting pretty in the off-white end of things, Ocean Air is a relatively clean colour. A colour that reduces your heart rate and makes you take a DEEEEEP breath just sitting in it I mean not literally sitting IN the paint (Ive yet to try it, could work). It's an organic color that looks great with rustic or farmhouse style decor. THREE SLAPS WITH A WET NOODLE! And nothing reduces stress like picking paint colours RIGHT? https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/. ST Barts is better, but too colourful. The Quiet Moments doesnt overwhelm the room but instead makes a nice subtle backdrop for all of the other items in the space. I'm so glad you're here! Hello, I love BM Crystalline but it looks too dark for the room. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. The painter I hire only want to use SW colors. In this more casual bedroom, the warm wood tones, white trim, and gray accents have a classic look that will never go out of style. Beach Glass is next-door neighbors with Quiet Moments on the paint chip, so these two have more in common than not. If you love Abalone, you might also like, Benjamin Moore Barren Plain / Sherwin Williams Popular Gray / Benjamin Moore Collingwood, Read more: The 9 Best Benjamin Moore Purple Paint Colours, Lets take a quick break to talk about paint samples, Undoubtedly, youll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples stop right there! Thank you for the quick and dirty of the not as popular colors. Any advice would be appreciated. It looks green on the sample chip and Im concerned it wont look gray. Great post and good timing! I also love! Great post! Lets take a peek into the world of Quiet Moments to find out how it makes a home such a chill place to be. The granite I love is honed Jet Mist (looks like a gray soap stone)for the perimeter counters in my kitchen and a marble ish quartzite like Arabuscato Venato for the island. Design by Claire Jefford But hey, if you love pink, I can give you the prettiest pink out there. I love getting feedback from peers, so thanks for the note! So here are my new options, all from Ben Moore. Hi! Lots of light there, and it looks beautiful. This means its not a COOL green one that will lean into green-blue, but a warm one with a wink of yellow tucked deep inside of it. The most popular color on the planet is blue. Here are some beautiful Benjamin Moore Pale Blue Paint Colors . If you like Ocean Air, you might also like, Benjamin Moore Gossamer Blue / Sherwin Williams Tradewind / Sherwin Williams Sky High. Rain Sherwin Williams: Significantly less green than Wedgewood. 2023 Decorated Life. Learn how your comment data is processed. I am thinking of doing your online decorating. ~Kylie. And I love the extra you threw in at the endnow Im racking my brain for what/where I can paint it. Im tempted to go a paler blue green colour like BM Sea Foam or even switch to BM Soft Chamois which is what Im doing for the rest of the house. Hi Orly, thank you for the note! Its also a bit darker, at 54.43 on the LRV scale. ~Kylie. Read. I think BM Ocean Air is beyond dreamy! In the above room, the wood tones, fabrics, and trim all work together beautifully to create a calming, serene space thats very desirable in any bedroom. This one should come as no surprise to those of you in the colour world. I just painted my Southwest facing bathroom Rainwashed . Not sure which type of blue is your fave? If theres a colour youre curious about, please leave a comment and if its a contender, Ill put it on my list! Fv 27, 2023 . These undertones can be enhanced by exposure, interior light, etc(and those are awfully cold temp bulbs you have in there). I have a small 3 bedroom house with nicely lit rooms. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/popular-benjamin-moore-purples-purple-undertones/, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/product/feature-wall/, https://www.houzz.com/photos/4144082/Spring-Lake-Seaside-Colonial-Jersey-Shore-Home-traditional-entry-new-york, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/149392912614666061/, http://media.benjaminmoore.com/WebServices/prod/bm_stain/pdf/ArborcoatColorCard_chip_spread.pdf, https://m.lowes.com/pd/Silestone-Alpina-White-Quartz-Kitchen-Countertop-Sample/999921066, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-best-paint-colours-to-go-with-oak-wood/, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops, The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, Cool paint colours such as blue, green and gray often suit. For full disclosure go here: Disclosure and Policies. Quiet Moments is light enough to serve as a backdrop for this hallway gallery wall, while adding a pop of personality. I can assure you those are not the right colors. And the orange lights add just the right pop of color. Im from Omaha, Nebraska and have an apartment with only North-facing rooms. Hi Erin, it sounds to me like Sea Salt could look beautiful for you! Gray Cashmere is a popular bedroom and bathroom paint colour with a relaxing vibe. To give you an idea of size, the table is 48 round. Get it? 8 tints in them, meaning that they can change a lot throughout the day as they are quite varied worth checking out! but the more I do the more colors I like! Beach Glass is the type of depth that adds GREAT personality to your walls without overwhelming them with colour. Its also a stress-reducing color for spaces like living rooms and home offices. Their ability to tap into the trendy end of things as well as the traditional means they are my go-to brands when Im doing my Online Paint Colour Consulting. Crossing my fingers that everything turns out as I hope! This is one of my all-time favorite go-to colors and is especially lovely in bedrooms. Would this color do well in a north facing bedroom and east facing bathroom? The cool, watery tones of Quiet Moments are a perfect fit for bathrooms. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Curious about the color behind the iron bed in your title picture. So, I can assure you it is not Foggy Day or Philipsburg Gray, both are FAR too blue for that. The latest lady recommended I try Useful because she says I need more green undertoned grays to help with the purple and blue that seems to come out on my walls. I would have to refer you to my E-design, where I do have the Quick Consult option as well! I totally agree, Gray Wisp is a stunner! I'm so glad you're here! FULL Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Rainwashed, Paint Colour Review of Sherwin Williams Quietude (a bit darker).