Posted: Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Description, Sweet Brown German Bisque Child Doll. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Thanks for the quick reply. If your gun was made earlier than 1949, look at the trigger -- only Sweet 16 shotguns will have a gold trigger. Description, 18th C. Spanish Colonial Wood Santos Cage, ALTERED HARPERS FERRY MISSISSIPPI RIFLE WITH. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. 1 What is the serial number on a Browning A5 Sweet 16? The 12 month average price is $1,579.16 new and $1,061.12 used. Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 am. 2023 GunBroker.com, LLC. I just went to a gun show this morning. It has a serial number of S77XX. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. I am having a hard time believing what the Browning Historian just told you. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It would be interesting what the 1924 and 1925 models had. 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. The 1946-8 unmarked Sweet Sixteen don't have the speed load feature which hurts value for some. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. This would be an Auto-5 Magnum 12 ga.,manufactured in 1976 with the serial number 01001. I have the letters he sent to Browning requesting the slug barrel, strap and swivels. These are among the rarest of the A5 Sweet Sixteen but are priced as standard 16 gauge A5s in value guides. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. The Auto-5 was discontinued for 2000. Posted: The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The serial number will begin with 01001, followed by two letters, and end in 221. Close Menu. You are using an out of date browser. Serial began with 1000 99999 followed by the model code 221 Sweet Sixteen and 171 Superlight 16 and two letter year ( T=6, R=7, P=8). Browning 12ga numbers began with number 1 in 1903. Factory and the Browning Brothers first store. We use cookies to give you the best possible user experience & to analyze traffic. Posted: Not a sweet 16 but been in the family for a long time. In 1999 Browning issued the "Final Tribute" version featuring engraved scenes of John M. Browning, the F.N. Serial number is on the side of receiver. It seems to be a shooter grade X series unmarked Sweet Sixteen. I compiled this quick reference serial number guide . Sign in or register to get started. I owned two Sweet 16's when I was in my late 20's - early 30's, but I don't remember anything about the pressure plug adjustments. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. To find the date, look at the number just before the letter G. The number represents the last digit in the year (only from 1958 through 1967) it was manufactured. The two sets of numbers are different. Browning 12ga numbers began with number 1 in 1903. BROWNING SERIALIZATION PRE-1975 SERIALIZATION Since 1968-1969 was a transition period in Browning serialization, firearms may be serialized with either 1968 or 1969 style markings. Her work has been published by the "Western Herald," Detroit WDIV, USAToday and other print, broadcast and online publications. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. Posted: Description American, Browning Auto-5 "Sweet Sixteen" Semiautomatic, QUEEN, James.This is to Certify that Hiram. It may have in fact have been produced in 1951 but left Browning one to three years before or after 1951. see Browning Website Available in type 1, 2 and 3. When did the Browning Auto-5 Magnum 12 gauge come out? Copyright & Trademarks It may not display this or other websites correctly. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). The serial numbers on these guns will also have the letter "G," followed by a number between 85,001 and 99,000. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Identify Sweet 16 shotguns that were manufactured in the early 1950s: Sweet 16s made in 1950 will have serial number between 285,001 and 315,000. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". If Browning confirms it was a factory issued X Series 3Shot Sweet Sixteen, the letter may add to its value for some. I will post them here later tonight. Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:30 am. I own a Sweet that was made in '54. The serial number coding system changed to the serial number preceding the date code. Front stock and barrel both stamped with same serial number and rear stock is the knob style. Posted: The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved "Sweet Sixteen." 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. Everything you posted fits, but my receiver has BROWNING with the bust beneath it and an R in a circle above it and engraving on either side. He offers some great services. Guns made in 1948 will have a serial number between 249,001 and 270,000. A5 LIGHTING SWEET 16 BROWNING LIGHTNING SIXTEEN GAUGE 28" BARREL 4+1 2.75" POLISHED BLACK GLOSS TURKISH WALNUT FIXED SHIM ADJUSTABLE STOCK RIGHT HAND (FULL SIZE) W/INVECTOR-DS FLUSH CHOKES 023614743552. Gun is 100%. Browning 12ga numbers began with the number 1 in 1903. Look at the serial number on the receiver of your shotgun. The date of manufacture codes are: Z = 1, Y = 2, X = 3, W = 4, V = 5, T = 6, R = 7, P = 8, N = 9 and M = 0. The original old Auto-5 Sweet 16 saw a rigorous production process that began in 1902 when John Browning designed the first Auto-5, which turned out as a very functional semi-automatic shotgun. The Sweet 16 is lighter than Browning's standard 16 gauge by 10 oz. Guns manufactured in 1956 will have the letter G, followed by a number between 1 and 23,000. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. Production of the famous "A-5" ceased after this final tribute. BARREL: 28" Modified with beed St. Louis Mo. Morgan, UT 84050 Most were really clean and showed little wear/abuse, None were priced over $900.00 and the couple of dinged up beaters were priced at $400.00 and one with a Polychoke was at $350.00. A list of modern browsers is below; simply click an icon to go to the browsers download page. 3 What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? The Auto-5 will be discontinued for 2000. This is a very rare and special hand engraved 1949 Belgium made "SWEET SIXTEEN" Browning A5 with x-serial number combo! (displays a limited sampling of the millions of priced results in our database), many more examples with full details are available to our members - Learn more, *VERY RARE HIGH GRADE FACTORY ENGRAVED BROWNING, * Browning Sweet Sixteen Shotgun .16 gauge, Browning Sweet 16, 16 gauge shotgun, semi-automatic, Browning Sweet 16 shotgun, semi-automatic, Browning Sweet 16 shotgun, .16 ga., Ducks, A 16 gauge Browning 'Sweet Sixteen' semi-automatic, A 16 gauge Belgian Browning 'Sweet Sixteen', Browning Sweet Sixteen Shotgun Two-Barrel. This is the first year of standard production of the 2 inch chambered 16 gauge. *LOT OF 3 BROWNING A-5 SEMI-AUTO SHOTGUNS. What is the difference between Browning 12ga and 16ga? I have a 1953 12 gauge and the serial number on the barrel ring matches the receiver but is off by 4 on the extension. Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 am, My source is the book, "BROWNING AUTO-5 SHOTGNUS, The Belgian FN Production", by Shirley & Vanderlinden., 2003, Wet Dog Pub., pg.76, Posted: In 1999 Browning issued the "Final Tribute" version featuring engraved scens of John M. Browning, the F.N. 1933) "Finch's" Watercolor: Belgian FN Made Browning Automatic 5 16 GA, * (AMERICANA NATIVE AMERICANA) A group of, 373. I'm not arguing. Serial number is on the side of receiver. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Sweet Sue Doll She is a walker works well. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved Sweet Sixteen. 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. Production of the famous "A-5" ceased after this final tribute. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711, Chat with us < /a>, powered by < a href = "https://www.livechatinc.com/?welcome" rel = "noopener nofollow" target = "_blank" > LiveChat < /a>. My experience has been that you are correct in guessing along with us that your gun is dated 1951. My husband inherited it from his grandfather and we are trying to find out more about it (not to sell it, for personal knowledge). Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? Didn't look at the actual serial number but plan to go back. To find out about your gun's serial number simply click on your firearm. And Sweet 16 guns made in 1957 will have the letter "G," followed by a number from 23,0001 to 85,000. "ABC" for American made Version. Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 gauge Auto-5 shotgun, made in Belgium. Metal in good shape. The dates listed here are based on records/logs with the range of dates. Guns made in 1948 will have a serial number between 249,001 and 270,000. 9 What was the last year of the Browning Sweet Sixteen? It's the best dove gun ever. Thanks for the opportunity to answer a great question. Cart (0 item) Main Menu. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Produced by F.N., John M. Browning ordered 10,000 of these shotguns in his first order. G=Light Weight. JavaScript is disabled. How many 1956 & 1957 Sweet 16 guns were made? Privacy Policy. We have most owners manuals online. This is the "unmarked" Browning, era of the Sweet Sixteen. Serial number 69s xxxxx. The two sets of numbers are different. production began at serial number 1 in 1902. Sweet 16 guns manufactured in 1940 through 1946 will have the letter "A," the year of manufacture, plus a number between 229,000 and 237,000. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved "Sweet Sixteen." 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. This is the first year of standard production of the 2 inch chambered 16 gauge. On most over and under shotguns this should be situated under the top lever and on Semi-Autos somewhere on the receiver. Got a sweet sixteen with serial @ X65429. Click on the results to view more details It was a Belgium model. Getting one of these extremely rare original factory issued guns at a standard gun price is a trophy in itself. Would you like to visit Browning International? According to what the Blue Book says and Zrexxer stated about his Sweet, I would say yours was made in early '58. I have been curious about mine. X prefix was from 1947 to 1953, yours was made in 1952. 10 What is the serial number of a 1951 Sweet 16? Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm, Posted: 1947 Post war Belgium made X Prefix Series. No serial number distinction between the Sweet 16 and the Standard 16 gauge A5. Welcome to the updated GunBroker.com forums. Browning A-5 16 Gauge Shotgun For Sale. The barrel has the matching S/N, 108xx. I am sorry to ask a silly question. One Browning Place Look at the serial number of your Sweet 16 to identify the year it was manufactured from 1969 through 1976. Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:42 pm. What are 10 interesting facts about Walt Disney? What is the serial number on a Browning A5 Sweet 16? Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Since the Sweet 16 was introduced to the public in 1937, you'll only be able to guess that your gun was manufactured in 1937, 1938 or 1939. it has a Cutts compensater I believe it was used as a skeet gun it also has an old recoil pad that was added. M=Standard Weight. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark - Browning Model/configuration - Model Sweet 16 semi-automatic shotgun, 16 ga., with 26, 28, or 30 inch . Posted: You may find a better price locally, but Art's has a great reputation with Auto-5s. Identify your Sweet 16 shotgun if it was manufactured in the mid to late 1950s: Guns made in 1954 and 1955 will have the letter "L" and a number between 1 and 83,000. In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture which was followed by a four digit code that identified the type of Auto-5: In 1976 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it followed until 1998. Born in 1855, John M. Browning dedicated his life to inventing revolutionary firearms that were desitned to shape the future. >>>BROWNING A5 16ga SERIAL NUMBER DATE GUIDE<<, http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149176&highlight=#149176. Description, Bisque Head Lady Doll. Not a scratch. Please feel free to ask other questions you may have on that gun. Points great, and cycles with no problems. If your gun was made earlier than 1949, look at the trigger only Sweet 16 shotguns will have a gold trigger. This is the "unmarked" Browning, era of the Sweet Sixteen. (Sweet 16) & Standard weight guns. Identify your Sweet 16 from the late 1940s: Guns made in 1947 will have a serial number between 237,001 and 249,000. Serial # A69143 has a recoil pad installed and reinforcing pins of dowel rod at the wrist. Art's charges $110 for this service. Pinpointing the exact manufacturing year of early Sweet 16s is a bit difficult. Beginning with Serial Number 1 to approximately 228,000. For example, a Sweet 16 with a serial number of 2G87,908 would mean it was manufactured in 1962. 8 When did the Browning Auto-5 Magnum 12 gauge come out? Serial began with 1000 - 99999 followed by the model code 221 Sweet Sixteen and 171 Superlight 16 and two letter year ( T=6, R=7, P=8). No. Wed May 20, 2015 5:49 am, Posted: I am not familiar with this gun or any antique shotguns. The 16ga number 1 began in 1909. "ABC" for American made Version. I have a Browning Sweet Sixteen serial # A3xx. Our site uses JavaScript for a smooth and modern shopping experience; we protect your data and never sell it to 3rd parties. The second most rare Sweet Sixteen, a 1947 2 3/4 chambered 3 Shot. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. The popularity and success of the Sweet Sixteen from 1937 through 1947 earned it a permanent place in Browning marketing as the 1948 engraved Sweet Sixteen. 1947 is also the only year the 3 shot 2 16ga was marketed in the USA. Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen Wicked Wing 16Ga! Let me see if I have this straight, if we get NUKED, it will be by Missiles built by technology given to China by Bill Clinton, funded by Iran with money $$$ given to them by Obama, with warheads developed by Uranium sold to Russia by Hillary. How can I tell how old my Browning firearm is? I have a Sweet 16 that was made in 1954 serial no. Oopsmy gun has an X in front of the serial number, but it is not marked Sweet Sixteen and does not have a gold trigger. Browning Serial began with 1000 99999 followed by the model code 221 Sweet Sixteen and 171 Superlight 16 and two letter year ( T=6, R=7, P=8). This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. and the trapper pushes the doubles button--twice. What is the year of manufacture on a Sweet 16? But Trump is the traitor. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected. Are Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon still married? I will call him and ask him when mine was made and report back. Although she writes about a wide range of topics, her areas of expertise include fashion, beauty, technology and education. http://www.nramuseum.org/media/940941/serialization-date%20of%20manufacture.pdf. I love this gun. So, if I have a 16 gauge and the serial number starts with X561, that is a 1951, correct? _____ Dennis Guns manufactured in 1956 will have the letter "G," followed by a number between 1 and 23,000. How do plants give off water in the water cycle? Buy a browning sweet 16 online. July 16, 2013 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. Was looking at barrel markings and looks like it has the letter i on the barrel which I believe is 1970. The Browning Auto-5 semiautomatic shotgun began production in 1902, and they were made until 1999 when the "Final Tribute" was produced. Collection of approximately 40 78s including: NC Pottery Ernestine Hilton Sigmon Porcelain. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Neat, glad to have the info and too lazy to look it up myself. 4 When did the Browning Sweet Sixteen come out in America? Does the barrel serial number match the serial number on the receiver? It looks like you're new here. 4 How many 1956 & 1957 Sweet 16 guns were made? barrels, checkered walnut stock, engraved receiver, Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 Gauge Shotgun Browning Sweet Sixteen, 16 Gauge Shotgun Serial # 9S34507. A Sweet 16 shotgun made in 1976 will have the code 01001RT221, with RT representing the year 1976. Engraved on the bottom of the receiver will be the serial number. This is a nice "untouched" original Belgian Browning Sweet Sixteen that anyone would be proud to carry afield or to the range. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Modified Choke. A for 16 gauge, B for 12, and C for 20. The new value of a BROWNING A5 shotgun has risen $106.35 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,639.83 . In 1999 Browning issued the "Final Tribute" version featuring engraved scens of John M. Browning, the F.N. Can't find an "X" serial number on Brownings site. Just bought a 1926 Browning A-5 16 ga today, serial number 421XX. Factory and the Browning Brothers first store. Posted: Marked as Belgium made. What is the serial number on a Browning A5 Sweet 16? I guess you are the A-5 man about these parts. Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:26 am. Nice gun. The two sets of numbers are different. I think early 1950's: serial# S 48XXX. Thanks again and Merry Christmas, one and all. Guns made in 1951 will have a serial number from 315,001 to 346,000. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. This is because Browning guns made from 1903 through 1939 were simply numbered in numeric order rather than given a serial number to denote the year in which they were made. Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:26 am. Factory and the Browning Brothers first store. 2 What is the serial number on a Browning Superlight 16? June 28, 1923 Patent application was filed on a 9mm short-recoil, locked-breech, exposed-hammer semi-automatic pistol. The serial number on the barrel could be almost anything, as during that time frame, they did not match the receiver serial number. Thank u very much-Ive had my sweet 16 a lot of years and when I take it hunting, it very seldom misses. Guns engraved with the "Serial Number" of 1 to 228,000 were made from 1903 through 1939. How do I tell what year my Sweet 16 was made? Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Looks really nice and would get some attention. How can you tell what year a Sweet 16 shotgun is? Year of manufacture on Pre-World War II production is strictly a guess. Oct. 15, 1923 The first of two patents were filed on the Superposed Over/Under shotgun. Date Sold. Marked with "BROWNING AUTOMATIC ARMS CO. OGDEN UTAH-U.S.A." Very few serial number records remain. Gold trigger and safety behind trigger. No cracks in the forend. Comes in the A5 hard case with the chokes and everything you would expect. To commemorate this historic event for the Auto-5, Browning released the "Final Tribute" version in 1999. The serial number found on your gun has the answer. This guide is for the Browning A5 16 gauge only. Instead, they were simply numbered. 2 3/4 inch chamber. WI/IL. G=Light Weight. S11600. This one has the round knob pistol grip stock. A common mistake I have seen in many, many, gun shops and online sites is to assign the 12ga serial number date to a 16ga. Guns made in 1952 will have a serial number between 346,001 and 387,000. The Sweet 16 will also have "Sweet 16" engraved on the side of the gun. When did the Browning Sweet Sixteen come out in America? Winterville, NC 28590. Just picked up a 1969 sweet sixteen. Posted: I bet a lot of people have been fooled by unscrupulous sellers over the years. These are among the rarest of the A5 Sweet Sixteen but are priced as standard 16 gauge A5s in value guides. It gets complicated as to why some were early or late. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. It looks like it was sent to Simmons for the 50s/60s top shelf upgrade. Sweet 16 guns manufactured in 1940 through 1946 will have the letter A, the year of manufacture, plus a number between 229,000 and 237,000. Serial Numbering System changed. I recently took a quick look at a Browning A5 16ga.