Incidents located within city limits also may not show on the map since it is not common practice for FHP to work incidents inside city limits. The front of the womans car collided with the driver side of the mans car. Florida Department of Health in Marion County announces new changes with COVID-19 vaccinations. In 2021, FHP investigated 80 traffic deaths in unincorporated Marion. Crime, classifieds, events, government, and local happenings for Ocala and Marion County, as well as surrounding cities and communities. A 13-year-old boy died after he was hit while crossing the street around 6:50 a.m. Thursday, according to Ocala police. MARION COUNTY, Fla. Florida Highway Patrol says three people were killed in a crash in Marion County Wednesday afternoon around 1 p.m. OCKLAWAHA, Fla. A driver and a passenger were killed Tuesday night when a car crashed into a tree in Marion County, the Florida Highway Patrol said. CITRA A section of a busy roadway near North Marion Middle School was temporarily blocked by law enforcement officials early Wednesday because of a traffic fatality. The First Friday Art Walk series will return to Downtown Ocala this Friday, March 3 with a retro-inspired theme and some accompanying tunes. MARION COUNTY, FL - State troopers said a car accident in Marion County on Tuesday night left two people dead. Jacksonville Last updated at https://t.co/6wXq6FpCYx, Cleared: Disabled vehicle in Duval County on I-10 East, before Between US-17 (Roosevelt Blvd)/Stockton St. Left lan https://t.co/GCdN9Iy4cd, Cleared: Disabled vehicle in Duval County on I-10 East, before Between US-17 (Roosevelt Blvd)/Stockton St. Left lan https://t.co/ZF0TEaLP1K, Cleared: Disabled vehicle in Duval County on I-10 East, before Between US-17 (Roosevelt Blvd)/Stockton St. Left lan https://t.co/epyg8hvr6h. 2 Left lanes blocked. Sarasota - Bradenton News from Ocala, Florida and surrounding communities. Last updated at 07:0 https://t.co/Tz8hGpS3Iz, Multi-vehicle crash in Sarasota County on SR-758/ Bee Ridge Rd East, at I-75. 0:51 CITRA A section of a busy roadway near North Marion Middle School was temporarily blocked by law enforcement officials early Wednesday because of a traffic fatality. The parents of famed horse trainer Pat Parelli were killed in a fiery car crash late Wednesday afternoon in Marion County as they were believed to be traveling to a birthday celebration for their 67-year-old son. The driver overcorrected andthe car, a Chevrolet Cobalt,rotated. blocking State Road 200 in Marion County. Copyright 2023 NAVBUG / GoldenLion Inc. Click here to reveal Marion County Florida traffic and accident map, Fan-favorite Buc-ee's gas station confirms new Florida location near Interstate 75, Driver dies in Marion County crash with fence, trees, troopers say, Mother of 18-year-old killed in 2021 hit-and-run speaks out in hopes of justice, Buc-ee's growth outside Texas continues with its first Wisconsin store and a third set for Florida, Parts of Florida Turnpike closed after 2 people killed in 6-vehicle crash, Man charged in hit-and-run crash that killed a motorcyclist in NW Ocala, 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash on Florida Turnpike in Lake County, FHP says, Tractor-trailer strikes overpass, shuts down part of I-75 in Marion County, I-75 near Ocala reopens after tractor trailer hits overpass, Tractor-trailer traveling northbound on I-75 hits, damages to SW 66 Street overpass, Tractor-trailer hits overpass on Interstate 75 in Florida causing major traffic delays, Lakeland truck driver hits bridge on I-75, shutting down interstate, FHP: Northbound I-75 reopens after semi hits overpass in Marion County, TRAFFIC ALERT: Tractor trailer strikes overpass, shutting down part of I-75 in Marion County, I-75 reopens in Marion County after tractor-trailer hits overpass, Northbound lanes of I-75 closed in Marion County after tractor-trailer strikes overpass, Northbound I-75 reopen in Ocala hours after oversized truck hits overpass, I-75 near Ocala is a mess right now after tractor trailer hits overpass. TRENDING: Open-container ordinance remains after Gainesville city leaders couldn't find middle ground. By providing free crash reports, helpful advice, and connection to legal and medical resources, we hope you can put your accident behind you once and for all. FHP on the scene of a fatal multi-vehicle crash on I-75. World-renowned horse trainer Pat Parelli and his parents, Jack and Doris. Police say the driver of a northbound Ford Mustang veered into southbound traffic because he could not stop in time for the cars that had slowed ahead of him. According to FHP, a pickup truck was traveling west on State Road 200 around 12:10 a.m. Just after 7:40 p.m. the man was crossing Rio Grande . A 2017 Subaru and a tractor trailer pulling. ). Aerial video Read More, A tractor-trailer driven by a Lakeland man and carrying an over-size load on I-75 on Wednesday morning struck and damaged the Southwest 66th Street overpass near the 347 mile marker in Marion County. The fatal wreck happened along County Road 464C,. Miami - Fort Lauderdale The driver did not wear a seatbelt and was thrown from his vehicle. Since there is no cost to speak with a lawyer, it is a good idea to learn more aboutyour potential claim. All lanes closed. (Copyright 2023 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.) The man was driving southbound on NW 80th Ave. and approaching U.S. 27 Alt. DUNNELLON, Fla. (WCJB) - A man from Dunnellon is dead after a crash in Marion County on Sunday night. MARION COUNTY, Fla. UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol has released more details about the fatal crash on I-75 near Ocala that killed three people. Over 50 years ago, Alice Faison made Ocala history when she became the first African American woman to be hired at the Ocala Police Department. According to FHP, the pedestrian was pronounced dead on-scene. DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (CNN) - A judge in Florida set a $150,000 bond Thursday for a 76-year-old woman accused of shooting her terminally ill husband to death. In fact, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that about 1.7 percent of the state's car accidents occur in Ocala and surrounding cities in Marion County. Fire Chief OCALA, Fla. (WCJB) - A deadly car crash in Marion County left one person dead and three people in critical condition. Early details from responding officers with the Florida Highway Patrol working within Marion County indicate that it was close to 8:30 p.m. on September 10, 2022, when a 27-year-old woman from Homosassa, accompanied by 4 passengers, was driving her sedan in the southbound direction of SW 180th Avenue. According to Marion County Fire Rescue spokesman James Lucas, local law enforcement and emergency responders received their first 9-1-1 call referring to an auto accident involving a pickup truck and an SUV on U.S. 441 just south of C.R. Cleared: Vehicle on fire in Volusia County on I-95 South, before MM 246. 42 in Marion County. (Copyright 2022 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved. Live Traffic Crash and Road Condition Report. Read More, All northbound lanes have reopened along I-75, but SW 66 Street and Williams Road remains closed. The FHP said the driver crossed the double yellow line and went onto the north shoulder before veering to the right and traveling southeast, crossing both lanes of travel and onto the south shoulder. | Become a News 6 Insider (its free!)]. Did a car crash leave you injured? and was approaching NW 80th Ave. in the left inside lane. The Fort King National Historic Landmark will host its next cast iron cooking class on Saturday, March 18, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. A 33-year-old Summerfield woman was arrested by the Marion County Sheriffs Office after fentanyl was found inside her purse during a traffic stop in Silver Springs. While it might not be one of the biggest cities in Florida, it has its fair share of car accidents. MCFR is a progressive, professional fire rescue department dedicated to the health, safety & well-being of the community, providing excellent service, education & prevention in partnership with the citizens of Marion County. MARION COUNTY, Fla. - A deadly multiple-vehicle crash on Interstate 75 on Wednesday afternoon shut down all lanes on the busy highway near Ocala. Ocala Post - August 10, 2022. Check on the condition of all people involved in the crash; Get appropriate medical treatment, and track the details; Take photos of vehicle damage and injuries; Consider hiring a personal injury attorney. Florida Highway Patrol Current Traffic Incidents + All Incidents (Features: 108, Selected: 0) INCIDENT TYPE DISPATCH TIME ARRIVE TIME COUNTY LOCATION REMARKS DEBRIS ON ROADWAY PALM BEACH I-95 NB SOF x [PGA BLVD] [PALM BEACH GARDENS] RIGHT LANE BLOCKED DEBRIS ON ROADWAY 11:12 11:27 ORANGE SR-91 SB [JNOF] x [MM254] [ORLANDO] (ACSO) By WCJB Staff. Marion County approved a zoning proposal on Tuesday for Buc-ee's to come to Ocala, which is roughly 40 miles south of Gainesville where the University of Florida is located. Published: . Copyright 2022 WCJB. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all a common occurrence, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs. Ocala Star-Banner reports that the crash happened around 1:39 p.m. about one mile south of the U.S. 441/301 split. 2 Right lanes blocked. The Florida Department of Transportation is advising motorists that all northbound lanes of Interstate 75 will be closed overnight at County Road 484 in Marion County on Monday, March 6, while repairs are made to the SW 66th Street bridge over I-75. The Dunnellon Police Department is asking the public for help to identify a person of interest in connection with the recent theft of a vehicle from a local Walmart. I have many times used Hylands myself and am a fan of their products. 5 reviews Visit Website 352-581-6174 Law Firm Profile Contact us Free Consultation Ad Morgan & Morgan Car Accident Lawyers Serving Marion County, FL (Statewide) Fill out our brief questionnaire, and well recover a completely FREE copy of your official Florida crash report. just before 9 p.m. A woman was driving westbound on U.S. 27 Alt. Broward County MARION COUNTY, Fla. Two women were killed and another was seriously injured in a crash along State Road 40 in Marion County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Three people died from their injuries in a Friday afternoon crash in Marion County. Provided by Gainesville WCJB-TV A man from Dunnellon is dead after a crash in Marion County on Sunday night. WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) - A suburban Chicago sheriff's deputy suffered serious injuries when the driver of a pickup truck opening a beer ran a stop sign and crashed into her squad car, a sheriff said Monday. A sedan occupied. Wednesday evening, two cars collided on County Road 42. Copyright 2023 ClickOrlando.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. A man from Dunnellon is dead after a crash in Marion County on Sunday night. The front of the car then crashed into a tree, the FHP said. The wreck happened around 6:50 a.m. in the 3900 block of West Silver . Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle Patricia Douglass, 52, dead in 2-vehicle crash at 206th Street and Mach Kuel, 39, killed in car crash on Interstate 35 in Faribault on Zaza Eristavi, 41, killed, after three trucks collide on icy Nicholas Allen Mauldin, 32, and Jurelle B. Thorpe, 21, killed, and Minnesota man with valid driver's license arrested for 28th DWI, Texas Tornado: Infant, toddler rescued from submerged truck (VIDEO), Girl fights off carjacker attempting to kidnap her and sister in Williamsburg, Virginia, Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle mother sues manufacturer, Read our affiliate disclosure policy here. Yes, well if peter had done a better job of providing, perhaps patti would not have been working so hard and not been at that place that morning. Authorities said the deceased was not a student at the school. - A driver and a passenger were killed Tuesday night when a car crashed into a tree in Marion County, the Florida Highway Patrol said. The other car spun until coming to a stop on the grass shoulder. MARION COUNTY, Fla. - A man was killed Thursday morning in Ocala when his car crashed into a tree and became engulfed in flames, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Ellen Gilland arrived on a walker. Marion County crash kills one person and sends three people to the hospital, UPDATE: Mother and child dead, 3 children injured, road closures after three separate crashes on U.S. 301 near Lawtey, Williston man killed after charging at Levy County deputies with gun, Gainesville woman arrested for crashing into police car, hit-and-run, DUI. Jul 6, 2022 united states commission on civil rights impact . A report by WKMG states the crash took place near Ocklawaha, in the area of County Road 464C and SE 99th Place.. Nearly 1.2 million traffic crashes occur each year on wet pavement with more than a half-million injuries and 5,700 deaths, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.