Live Chat Live Chat. Top 10 Rated carcano rifle scope mount in 2023 Comparison Table. Set the scope base aside. Colloquially, the term dovetail rail usually refer to any straight mounting bracket with an inverted trapezoid . I got one for my mosin a whole back. Carcano is a name that is shrouded in mystique. 07. The ring is for most scopes which are in 1''/ 25.4mm scope tube. This may not be as important to some people, but it can definitely be a factor for others. fireman. Screw them in until they are just snug. Specifically designed for pushing AR rifle accuracy to further distances. Rimfire Scope Rail 15MOA Ans 64 Split - Redback $ 254.00 Add to cart; Rimfire Scope Rail 14MOA Turbo 3 LUG - Redback Check to make sure you didnt move off center. To zero the scope, use the windage and elevation adjustments on the scope. The scope ring is for most scopes which are in 1 inch/ 25.4mm scope tube. MIDWEST . Designed by Arena, Product successfully added to your Shopping Cart, {"tags":["1896","1938","96/38","Mauser","Scope Mount","Swedish Mauser"]}, {"tags":["1896","1938","96/38","Low-profile","Mauser","Scope Mount","Swedish Mauser"]}, PO Box 35023 Larry Uteck PO Carcano Rifle Parts. The cantilever ring mount positions the center of the riflescope tube at a height of 1.59 inches (40.39 mm) from the base. can be adapted to the Carcano receiver. EGW Mauser 98 LR (3-Hole) Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 20 MOA Undrilled (Military) $39.00. I don't want to cause permanent damage to it but I'm wondering if it can be done.. Oh, so you're god of rifles? Replace the top cover of the receiver. "Highly doubt"? High profile, 21mm(0.8 inch) from top of the dovetail rail to bottom of rings ( Item height: 1.9 inch). Finally, you will need a level so that you can make sure that the scope is mounted level on the gun. Only 9 left in stock - order soon. Scout mount that replaces the top of the ladder sight, Carcano 91/28 with Original Short Rear Sight. Do the same with the opposite side. Matching Swiss ZfK-55 ex-mil sniper rigs. The 2-inch offset of this cantilever mount positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement. I highly doubt a no drill scope mount exists for a Carcano. Screw the appropriate scope base onto the Carcano's receiver. 2 Pcs Weaver style 30mm to 25.4mm scope adapter. Sale Rank No. Successively replacing the previous Vetterli . Tasco swing mounts are all top-mounted, so won't work. BAUSCH & LOMB RIFLE SCOPE MOUNT, Scope mounts are adjustable so one scope can be switched between se. To start, youll need to remove the bolt from the Carcano. Finally, remove the front sight. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY WARNING: Some products may I would like to mount a scope on it but I can't find a side mount meant for a Carcano. First, a scope can help you to more accurately target your shots. Thank you for your continued business over many years! After you get the screws out you need to pry the rear sight up as it lifts up off a lug that the screw you removed goes thru. I am trying to figure out the way to mount a scope on a Cacano rifle with the split rec. A local store gets a few boxes in once a month. Range Reports - Show us how good you are! Students of history recognize the Carcano as a rifle that was developed in the Kingdom of Italy in 1891 for the 6.5x52mm Carcano cartridge and carried notably by the forces of the Kingdom of Italy and the Empire of Japan throughout its surprisingly long service history. Add To Cart. #6. Once the receiver is clean, you can start screwing on the scope mount. I have been asked by a customer to mount a scope on an Italian M91 Carcano rifle. If you see any dirt or debris, use a brush or a cotton swab to clean it off. I enjoying using my scoped Carcanos. The scope is Nikon 3-9x40 BDC. PM Mosin Nagant M44 and M38 Scout Mount with 1 Inch Rings 15. $4500. This model was introduced in the mid-1950s as a sniper . $2500. Required fields are marked *. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. S&K manufactures all of their scope mounts here in PA with the best USA materials available. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. With one hand hold the mount in place & snug the two front 8-32 screws until you feel a slight resistance. Most people that know it (if they know it at all . Press J to jump to the feed. WWII Italian leather 4 pocket Carcano Rifle Bandoleer 91-/38 measures 44"L E997. First, make sure the rings are properly aligned and tightened. 90 $32.47 $32.47. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Henry County. Easy To Install - Rail adaptor installs easily via dovetail mount and one vertical stop pin, attached allen wrench can help you to tight stable and no shaking! BadAce Swedish Mauser M38/M96 Picatinny Rail No Drill-Tap Scout Mount 36. Scope Mounts. BAUSCH & LOMB RIFLE SCOPE MOUNT, Scope mounts are adjustable so one scope can be switched between se. If you overtighten them, you run the risk of stripping the threads on the receiver. One of the most accurate military weapons of WWII, the Schmidt-Rubin K31 also used a side mount scope for snipers. Now, you are ready to install your scope. There are a few different ways to mount a scope on a 6.5 carcano, but the most common method is to use rings that attach to the base of the scope and then to the gun itself. I'd see about putting the irons back on it. Carcano is a name that is shrouded in mystique. Then, move the target out to 200 yards and shoot again. Oswald allegedly purchased the WWII surplus Carcano from Klein's Sporting Goods of Chicago in March, 1963, and, depending on whose history you believe, used it to assassinate JFK. already come with a factory (?) $30.90 $ 30. aftermarket scope was also rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Idgaf about mounting a scope if its something reversible nor do I pay attention to those who care, keep the original parts somewhere safe and no harm done, Edit: Just looked again, seems like they only make mounts for the 91 long rifle and the 91/24, no mount options for the cavalry sight base. Email me when available. And nonetheless in 7.35, itself a reasonably scarce caliber. ** To place an order, you can fill out the order form on our web site, by emailing us at comments@scopemounts.com or by calling in your order at 1-800-578-9862. For more info, visit https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/, Old Bolt Action / Military Rifle Scope Mounts, S&K Steyr M95 Infantry Scout Mount (Long Ladder Weaver Style) -Accepts Weaver Rings- Rings NOT Included, S&K MOSIN NAGANT M44, Chinese M53 Scout Mount (Will work on M38 also) (Weaver Style) -Accepts Weaver Rings- Rings NOT Included, S&K Husqvarna Mauser 38 Scout Mount (S&K Style) w/S&K Style 1 Inch Rings, S&K Carl Gustaf M94 Mauser Scout Mount -Accepts Weaver Rings - Rings NOT Included, EGW HD Springfield M1903 Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 20 MOA, EGW Swedish Mauser 3 Hole for Stripper Clip 20 MOA Picatinny Scope Mount Ambidextrous. . BAUSCH & LOMB RIFLE SCOPE MOUNT. (For Weaver Imperial Rings) $99.00 VGS Restored Weaver Imperial 1-Piece Base. Northridge International Inc. 4.4 out of 5 stars 82. Convert 11mm Dovetail to 21mm Picatinny Rail - 2.94 inches length at the base, the picatinny rail extends 3.94 inches allowing for more flexible optics placement. defects, or other reproductive harm. S&K Scope Mounts are considered by many to be the Worlds Strongest Scope Mounts. I think your only option is to email either S&K or some other company that specialize in this sort of thing to see if they can help you out. Troupe Special and Carcano 91/28 with Original Short Rear Sight. TBH when I researched this, all I could find are articles claiming the JFK shooting was a hoax. Pachmayr Lo-Swing Scope Mounts. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. A version (cat. no. Blued. Dummy and Inert Grenades, Mortars & Rockets, Buttplates, Grips, Stocks, Forends & Handguards, Rocket Launcher, Bazooka, Cannon and Mortar Parts, Women's Tactical Gear, Accessories & Gifts, Flags, Stamps, Decals, Posters & Wallcharts, Everyday Carry Knives, Tools & Accessories. Come check us out there! The bolt functions fine with scope down. This solid S&K Carcano Mount will provide a base for your long eye relief scope. The use of side mount scopes in WWII was not uncommon at all, as evidenced by side mounts on Mausers as well as Mosin Nagants. No drilling, tapping or major alteration. Last edited by jmoore; 10-03-2012 at 03:34 AM. Use caution not to cross thread these screws as the holes are on an angle. left. This can be done by hand, but it is recommended to use a tool such as a wrench to ensure that the base is screwed on tightly. Or fastest delivery Fri, Feb 17 . To disassemble a 6.5 carcano, first remove the screws that hold the rear sight in place. MG Mounts; MG34; MG42; MG58; Misc. M84 Scope Parts; MAS 36; Mauser; Misc. The rifle is a M38 6.5 1940 Terni Carcano mounted with a 4x18 Ordnance Optics Inc. If it does not loosen one of the back two screws some. so the windage knob would not interfere with the clip loading. Enable Accessibility. Lightweight: 1.15oz per ring. USA - - (Ammoland.com)- Kentucky Gun Co has surplus ITALIAN M91 6.5x52mm Carcano Rifles for $199.99 with FREE shipping. Rifleman Detachable See-thru Rings for Weaver Bases by Leupold. I own Mausers, 1903 Springfields, Enfields, Arisaka, Garands, Steyrs, MAS36, Berthier, Nagants and Carcano's. The Carcano sights are the only odd balls and shoot extremely high. A brilliant flash of white light erupted in midair over their heads followed instantaneously by a thunderous clap! Scope mount for Italian Carcano Author Message; bill_meilahn. M1 Garand / M1A Micro Red Dot Base and Picatinny Rail Mount Gen 3. Mike says: . Shop our vast selection and save! Does anyone recommend any specific mounts? Mount Base - Fit 11mm dovetail mounts, Base mount 3/8" to 7/8" converter adapter. Back Fixed Power 3/4 and 7 . Is it worth all this effort when ammunition for these rifles is basically unavailable? 93. It's just more wasted time. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY WARNING: Some products may This was There are a few reasons why it is important to mount a scope on a 6.5 carcano. Notify when back in stock. With only 1 rail clamp screw and 1 scope clamp screw per side, quick and easy to install. under normal circumstances is to compensate vertically (i.e. Scope Mount for Carcano 1891 Calvary Carbine, Carcano 1891 T.S. A place for responsible gun owners and enthusiasts to talk about guns without the politics. Next, remove the trigger guard assembly by unscrewing the screws that hold it in place. This is particularly important when hunting, as you want to make sure that you take down your prey with as little suffering as possible. "sighted" distance. 226 Williams Ln. Check to make sure you did not move off center. A dovetail rail on a rifle receiver for mounting a sight (i.e. There are a few different ways that you can sight in your scope once it is mounted on your 6.5 carcano. A man brought me an article from the internet where it was stated they used a Weaver #1 side mount like what would be used for a Savage 340 bolt gun. 5. Next, remove the rear sight leaf spring. FREE delivery Tue, Feb 21 . Rifleman High Rings 1" Silver by Leupold. I think if the shell is loose and does not get in the bolt head just right, it won't chamber properly. With two rail clamp screws and four scope clamp screws, Precision and Repeatable Alignment. Or You can read more about us to see our vision. Install the two 8-32 x socket set screws into the two rear holes & the two 8-32 x 5/16 socket set screws into the two front holes PART WAY using a 5/64 hex wrench. Off hand, I know of only one commercial scope mount available today for $129.95 USD. 10-03-2012 02:09 AM #10. roberto mervicini . TT block Carcano Carbine not Gardone marked but "2", A Coattail thread to "New fixer-upper 1891 Carcano Cavalry Carbine". The rifle scope mounted on the M91/38 6.5mm Carcano short rifle, allegedly owned by LHO, was an Ordnance Optics 4x18 scope. (42) Mauser K98K Ultra low-profile NDT Scout Mount for Long Eye Relief Scopes. I knowI have one on my TS Carcano. Color Case Hardened. (14) I want to party with you, cowboy. Your email address will not be published. Spuhr Mount 34mm SP-4016 $ 490.00 Add to cart; Spuhr Mount 34mm SP-4011 $ 490.00 Add to cart; Spuhr Mount 34mm SP-4808 . Not very plausible, the only non-drill options for scopes are made for other rifles, and PLEASE DONT DRILL IT. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your scope is properly mounted and that you will be able to get the most out of your 6.5 Carcano. It's non existant. $59.00 Marlin Micro Power Mount Bar for Marlin 336. 32 MKI Telescope N3207 FULL ENSEMBLE/ENFIELD #32 MK1 SNIPER SCOPE Outstanding detailed steel reproduction telescope used on the Lee Enfield sniper rifle. Do your final windage & elevation adjustments with the turrets on the scope. We provide an Carcano Rifle Scope Mount buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. Precision Material - Premium out of aircraft grade aluminum alloy and black hard coat anodize finish, sturdy & durable. This is the correct Ordnance-Optics Inc. Hollywood, California 7/8" 4x18 Coated Japan 010 Scope and NO 2 JAPAN Mount with (2) Screws for 6.5 Italian Mannlicher Carcano M91/38 rifle that was used on Lee Harvey Oswald's Sniper-Rifle, This Scope is in V/Good . Second, you need to know the width of your scopes rings. contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth I looked up some no drill mounts for fun a few days ago, made by S&K bolts onto the rear sight assembly like most of them do. Design in hollowed-out configuration between the ring and the bottom of the base, to release heavy duty when clamping your scope. ( Item height: 1.97''). By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies and analytics. Carcano 91 Long Rifle & 91 24 Carbine Scope Mount - S&K Scope Mounts, 5/8" Scope Ring Riser Blocks for S&K Scope Mounts. Take the scope and align it with the holes in the receiver. Clay Pigeon said: Battle sight zero on military rifles are generally 200 to 300 yards.. Jan 2, 2023. by Gary of CA. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Sep 18, 2010. 1, I think). After hours researching and comparing all models on the market, we find out the Best Carcano Rifle Scope Mount of 2022. $134.99. One should take caution when mounting a scope on a 6.5 carcano. Posted: April 27, 2012 01:02 PM I have been asked by a customer to mount a scope on an Italian M91 Carcano rifle. EGW Mini Mauser Zastava M85 Picatinny Rail Scope Mount 0 MOA Ambidextrous. Kwik Site See-Thru Mount with Wider View. Carcano owners have always had to supply their own clips and, of course, tend to re-use them. The front of the mount should move from side to side easily. By loosening one of the two 8-32 front screws & tightening the other one you can get the scope centered for windage. At the rear, screw one of the 8-32 screws in until it has some resistance & back it out 1 turn. Carcano Short Picatinny Style Scope Mount - S&K Scope Mount. S&K Carcano 91 Long Rifle w/ 600 - 2000 sight / Carcano 91/24 Carbine w/ 600 1500 sight (Weaver Style) -Accepts Weaver Rings- Rings NOT Included. Gallery Main artwork If it doesnt loosen one of the back two screws. Carcano rifles and variants were also carried by the forces of more than 15 other sovereign states, most of them in Europe. Most people that know it (if they know it at all) recognize it as the make of rifle that was used in the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. S&K is one of only several manufacturers of such mounts. from $79.00 Stith Mounts. ULTIMAK (In Stock) 4.8 (13) HIGH STANDARD SCOPE MOUNT. (Fully multi-coated glass provides good light transmission than others), ADJUSTABLE DIOPTER& WITH WEAVER: OMMO 3x9x40 rifle scopes with locking diopter, provides fast, simple aiming points for various shot distances. The Carcano was often equipped with an offset scope and used by Italian snipers during WWII. This Mounts easy provides a mount platform for adding an additional backup sighting tactical items to your rifle scope. Add To Cart. The premium two 1 complementary scope rings to be easily mounted onto any 20mm Picatinny or Weaver mount rails, Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green. A dovetail rail or dovetail mount can refer to several types of sliding rail system found on firearms, primarily for mounting telescopic sights. Facebook; . Jan 1, 2023. (15) Their ads for such carbines (order no.