May God give them the peace that you seek. Professor, the youth who you inspired say Hongera for the great achievement you made, Rest in Peace. Your legacy will live with WCK! A good heart has stopped beating, but a heart that has touched so many lives can't help but live on in those it loved. Many people struggle with how to say sorry for their loss professionally. My department chairman was a great man and much admired. She was an inspiration to so many of us, far beyond the African continent. Silas Muriuki Rutere MP North Imenti Constituency under Mazingira Green Party of KenyaYou were a true inspiration to me. Her passing is a loss for the people of Kenya and the world, in particular as we prepare for next year's crucially important Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development. Also useful: Adams immediately goes on to summarize, People are a problem.. You were and will always remain an immense inspiration. He was indeed God sent. In this moment of great sadness for her family, the Green Belt Movement, Kenya, Africa and ECOSOCC, we offer our prayers and our deepest sympathy. Chairman continues to rest in Gods bosom. I will forever love you. You lived long enough to see the fruits of your blood that you shed for us all. Dealing with loss is never easy. ", President of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Mr. Enrique Iglesias wrote: "President Jagan was one of the most lucid leaders of the Americas and the Caribbean, a man of thought and deep convictions, who followed up his ideas with great political vigor all his life. It was my tremendous privilege to meet her in that very location last month. India lost a great soul & the finest politician. This is one of her very important contributions. We loved your father. For the full statement, click here. We will miss the laughter and warmth your brother brought to work. Know my thoughts are with you, friend. Sumiko Kito Japan Broadcasting Corp Thank you Dr. Wangari Maathai, people of Japan will not forget you for the encouragements you gave us and many movements you have started in our country. Those who have stood by him faithfully all these trying years, struggling for the peoples rights, know his wishes, his dreams, his plans. We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family. His presence would have been a stabilizing anchor in whatever storms might blow. ", The Editorial of the Catholic Standard, March 9, 1997 wrote: "There can be no doubt that Cheddi Jagan is in a class of the great, extraordinary inimitable figures that the twentieth century has produced One only has to examine the career of this brilliant humanist and the picture of who he truly was, not only gets clearer but more fascinating Few people around the globe have matched this astonishing energy and indomitable spirit He did not come within the category of temperamental, impatient, nervously aggressive chauvinistic politicians He avoided vindictiveness and malice in his relations with all people He not only avoided the temptations which power brings but also avoided its corruption of wealth", Manzoor Nadir, Leader of the United Force wrote: "None can deny that Dr. Jagan is the Father of the State of Guyana While we held different political beliefs we count ourselves fortunate to have lived, worked and struggled in Guyana with him during this era", Feroze Mohamed, Guyana's Minister of Home Affairs said: "Once in a while, history provides a people with a leader who is truly outstanding, Dr. Cheddi Jagan was such a leader. I had a great admiration for her unwavering engagement for social justice and the protection of the environment. Her tireless commitment to humanity was evident in everything she didfrom planting trees and listening to women in refugee camps to amplifying the voices of the disempowered to leaders and decision makers around the globe. Name: Debasis Patnaik, Sydney, Australia. I am always thinking of you and your family. Dr. Ayub Macharia Acting Director General, NEMAWe have lost a key pillar for the environment but the seeds she sowed will live forever. Perhaps because she was always advocating for something better, she did not stop often enough to reflect on how she had already made the world a better place. Go well my dear. On lookers, lined the more than four-mile route to watch the sombre workers, some carrying black flags. In a message to Charles, Britain's new king, Putin said the queen "rightfully enjoyed the love and respect of her subjects, as well as authority on the world stage", adding: Latest Updates After all, they voted wrong, right? He went on to say he had "very close bonds of friendship" with Cheddi Jagan. We lost a real gem. Today you may be leaving this earth without me, but someday I will meet you there. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Caricom Chairman, Lester Bird said in his message that Cheddi Jagan was no "colonial stooge. No man did more to set his country free. In your pain and sorrow, remember that he was a great man. I am deeply saddened by the death of my remarkable friend Wangari Maathai. He was not cut to be a bystander Still those years of peace and writing he might have had are a loss to the rest of us. Sorry to hear about the loss. She showed us that the eradication of poverty, the empowerment of women, and a sustainable future for our planet are all essential building blocks of a more just and peaceful world. Many write an excellent condolence message, but words fail them. When she found her government too unresponsive to the issues she championed, she ran for political office, and won. We cannot tire or give up. Worthy advice for those who will carry on her work. Don't be too casual with the message unless you were close friends with the boss. Our thoughts are with you and your family. Sharing in your sorrow. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. And all the children, that followed for many years would understand, Patel (71) passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020, at a Delhi hospital due to multiple organ failure more than a month after he was tested positive for COVID-19. Rest in Peace the DAUGHTER OF THE UNIVERSE The true warrior. Still, his conclusion is applicable to a wide range of circumstances: Pretty much any time an election doesnt go your way, it can be taken as proof that everyone else must doing something wrong. Lastly, a letter of condolence to the parents of the deceased is always difficult. A mother is the most valued being on earth. Comrade Michael Majok Ambassador of the Republic of South SudanProfessor Wangari Maathai is the Pride of Africa and has shown that we have a credible and iconic personality on our continent and the whole world. A backlash emerged in the UK this week after the British monarch hosted the EU chief. ] died. You brought the power of your presence, your compassion and your position to some of the most vital humanitarian issues of our time. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches us. Barack Obama, President of the United States, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, 2009 It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Professor Wangari Maathai. For the full statement, click here. Her conviction and her fight has begun. The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6 earthquake, saying . Your father will be missed. It is incumbent on all of us to make sure that the hole she leaves in our hearts should not be compounded by holes in the ozone layer. You fought for me, for my children, for the mothers and children of the future. From early on, Dr. Maathai was a tireless advocate for the environment, for women and for all those in the developing world who are unable to realize their potential. I dont know how to console my grieving heart at your departure. Her death has left a gaping hole among the ranks of women leaders, but she leaves behind a solid foundation for others to build upon. His annoyance and confusion at the strange values of our skewed legal system sets a standard for anyone whos been following the increasingly ramped-up aggression and demonization of people with different opinions these days, and just cant understand why its illegal to murder people they disagree with. Now you are gone. She was highly respected and admired not only for her pioneer work for environmental protection and sustainable development, but also for her work for womens rights and democracy. For more, click here. Dear [last name] family, I was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of [name and class]. RIP boss. READ LATER. Dr. Achim Steiner UNEP Executive DirectorOn behalf of the United Nation Environment Programme and all our staff, we pay our respect to our leader and inspiration Wangari Maathai. Thank you!! Thinking of you as you celebrate the remarkable life your mother led. An ardent defender of the environment, she linked her fight against deforestation, which began in the 1970s, to the fight for democracy and justice, to the defense of human rights and the promotion of equality between men and women. The soldiers/warriors of this country would not have gone far like we have gone if the Profs shoulders were not there to stand on in their environmental soldier program (ESP). Its cold comfort to accept that an undesirable election result lies in the accursed alchemy between a largely uninformed, easily manipulated public and an unscrupulous, impenetrable political machine, but at least that absolves disappointed voters who feel guilty that they didnt do more to influence the outcome. People grieve in different ways, and one way is sharing messages of condolences and celebration of the life of the departed. Few have done as much as he did to nurture the age-old ties of family and friendship between Guyana and India. Now if youll excuse me, I have to cancel a photo op with a goat. C.J. Your daughter was a legend. Dont blame me, I voted for Kodos. Homer Simpson, The SimpsonsPerhaps the only upside to landing on the losing side of an election is the ability to claim you knew better all along when things inevitably go to shit. [Professor Maathai's] leadership and work serves to enlighten us all that alleviation of poverty, sustainable development, preservation of our environment, establishment of truly democratic institutions, and peaceful resolution of conflict are all integral parts of a safe and secure global future. ", Director of COHA, Mr. Larry Birns, wrote: The death of Cheddi Jagan is not just a grievous personal loss to myself and my colleagues at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs. Nancy Baraza Deputy Chief JusticeFare thee well. She was a true visionary whose local approach to protecting the environment has so many global applications and possibilities. I was privileged to have known and worked with her. Condolence messages for a friend. Her tart summation has a vaguely noble, above-it-all ring that might come in handy for anyone looking for a more elegant way of saying, Yall is stupid.. These attributes became the sustaining factor of his lifes work during the long battles for an independent Guyana. Your mother was the best matron we ever had. Wishing you peace during this difficult time. 4. His message starts off by referring to Mr Nelson Mandela as the "great leader of the struggle for freedom and a hero to millions around the world." He goes on to say "that the late leader inspired the South African people with patriotism by courageously leading them to achieve independence with ethnic harmony". But through it all, Wangari Maathai remained, as the title of her autobiography aptly put it, unbowed. We continue to be restless, she wrote in that book, If we really carry the burden, we are driven to action. Receive my condolences. Your father was one of the nicest people I know, and I know that he was a great director too. I had the privilege of spending time with Professor Maathai on many occasions over the past few years. ", United States President, Bill Clinton wrote: "President Jagan was a champion of the poor who devoted himself to alleviating poverty in his country and throughout the Caribbean.". Its a big loss. You conquered, yes you did. Long rest in peace messages need one to reflect on the kind of leader the politician was. Praying for the deceased soul. The world mourns with you and celebrates the extraordinary life of this remarkable woman who devoted her life to peacefully protecting what she called our common home and future.. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. I know your aunt/uncle was always there for you. I will forever keep a strong memory of her and of her fight for a greener and ecological planet. That lesson has been borne out more times than humanity can count. Condolence messages for loss of a great leader UNEPs almost 40 year long history is also one of a shared journey in which Wangari was always with us and ahead of us showing the way. The director is now with the angels above. When it emerged that the King would hold an audience with Von der Leyen . Our love goes out to you. God knew you are reassuring, and that is why he has called you up there in heaven to watch your back from above. A president gets diplomatic condolence messages from government quarters, private agencies, and citizens impacted by the presidency. The pioneer role she played in starting off ECOSOCC has brought us where we are today. Some people find it hard to do it, and that is why some of these fantastic profile pic comments for Facebook will help. Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and your family. So sorry to hear of the passing of a great boss. May the Almighty rest you in peace and keep you on his right hand on his seat of glory. We were sad to hear the news about your father's passing. My condolences to you and your family. Dear Mrs. Corzone, On behalf of Griffith Industries, I would like to offer our sincere sympathies on the death of your husband, Marc. God has a beautiful reward for you! We may not understand why he had to leave us so soon, but we pray that God will comfort you and lift you. Messages of condolences from world leaders, also began to pour into Guyana, immediately following his death. We do so with deep gratitude and appreciation for the friendship she offered to so many of us over the years. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father. As she told the world, we must not tire, we must not give up, we must persist. Her legacy will stand as an example to all of us to persist in our pursuit of progress. The news of Shinzo Abe's assassination has prompted messages of shock and condolences from foreign leaders, many of whom worked with Abe during the former Prime Minister's long tenure. At least adversity, disenfranchisement, and anger tend to prompt terrific response art. ", Guyana's Bishop Randolph George wrote: "He was one of natures own noblemen. Our thoughts are with you. Professor Maathais tireless efforts earned her not only a Nobel Peace Prize and numerous prestigious awards, but the respect of millions who were inspired by her commitment to conservation, democracy, womens empowerment, the eradication of poverty, and civic engagement. 3. Your son was a charismatic young man. Kenya forest and all others, including the National Parks, were watered by your blood. I, like so many others, will miss her more than it is possible to describe and send my most heartfelt condolences to her children and to everyone who knew her, loved her and depended upon her. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family during this painful time that you have lost your husband. Messages of Condolences. A globally recognized champion for human rights and women's empowerment, Professor Maathai was a pioneer in articulating the links between human rights, poverty, environmental protection and securityfor which she was awarded the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize. Bajaj was not keeping well . You have left some beautiful memories that will never fade from my heart. You have accomplished many good things in life. Today the pain of losing you is difficult to bear because this world needed you for some more years. Our chairman was a fantastic person to have around. We only wish you are still here to help Ugandans fight to protect Mabira forest! We are always there to support you; take care. His life was characterized by an incalculable breath and depth and height of devotion and service to his country and to his countrymen and women. I am thinking of you in these difficult times. Professor Maathais personal efforts, leadership, and practical community work in Kenya and Africa inspire us all by demonstrating the real progress that can be made in addressing environmental security and sustainable development challenges where people have the courage to make the difference. She will remain standing as tall as Mount Kenya. Certainly Americans can relate, after yet another election cycle where constant negativism and character assassination makes them feel like all their voting options are bad. Wangaris fearless strength in adversity, her creative approach to building a peaceful, healthy planet and her hard work to inspire and empower women will live on. Deeply saddened and affected by this tragedy. In the end, he breaks down and votes just to go along with the crowd, delivering a final weary objection with this quote. The estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf who's been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the. It was with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of this exceptional environmental activist. Extending her condolences to the President and members of his family,.