This saves your main car seat from the bumps and bruises of air travel and means you dont have to carry such a heavy car seat through the airport. It moved way too much for my comfort. I have the nuna rava for my first but the cybex is intriguing because it rotates. I will say that the Rava installation is much easier than the Sirona so if we need to take a car seat out for grandparents or whomever to put in their vehicles we always choose the Rava. This bubble-free indicator tends to be easier to easier to use when adjusting car seat recline. While the Cybex Sirona S has a protection-increasing load leg, the Nuna Revv relies on the carry handle to do the job. However, you get to adjust the crotch buckle through three positions on the Cybex vs 2 positions on the Nuna. Do you Because the belt path isnt as wide as it probably should be, and youll likely get your hand scraped while seatbelt or lower anchor routing. Clearly no winner here. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. If youre dead set on a revolving car seat, jump to sections that deal with the Cybex Sirona S. So why did I compare these two car seats when one doesnt spin at all? It also has the ability to convert into a double . It's known for being easy to install and for its push . This car seat is rated from 5 to 110 pounds, converting to a booster, at a low price point. On top of that, this seat works with Cybexs SensorSafe tech for critical safety-related notifications. We are still rear facing though so no experience with either one front facing. For both car seats, you can use lower anchors to install, but the manufacturer recommends installing via the seatbelt. While you can lug your main car seat when you travel, many parents opt for a lighter weight convertible car seat, like the Cosco Scenera, for travel. Clek FOONF. UPPAbaby's strollers are sleeker, more intuitive, and feature modular compatibility. Choosing the perfect convertible car seat might give you PTSD flashbacks to the giant stress ball that was choosing the perfect infant car seat. We respect everyones right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expects Terms of Use. It's also worth mentioning that the $370 alternative. The load leg helps decrease rotation of the car seat while the side impact protection system absorbs impact forces in certain crashes. Which means each of these contenders enables you to fit baby a little better and easier. | 38-57 in. Thoughts? Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. But try to do what they do in real-life situations often proves harder than the videos suggest! If you still choose to install via LATCH, thats OK, but its not going to be a one-time install. Very good crash test results, easy to install, high quality and comfy. The innovation does not stop with the rotation feature, but continues with the Load Leg, usually found in infant car seats. It's in the top 3 bestselling convertible car seats and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Peg Perego Agio Kinetic or Britax One4Life. we didnt put our son in it until about 14 months but we have had it on recline 2 the whole time. They don't seem very secure to me although all the indicators on the seat suggest that it's locked and secured properly. Clek Foonf, Clek Fllo, Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max, and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio seats are also very nice. I then read about the Cybex Sirona-S and it's a game changer! Subject: Nuna Rava out of stock or temp. : 0+ (0 - 13 ) / 1 (9 - 18 ) / 2 (15 - 25 ), - adac (+), . Cybex Sirona S Rotating Convertible Car Seats. Swivel car seats are heavy and bulky, which makes moving them between cars a strenuous task. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. But its not like extremely hard. CYBEX Sirona S Rotating Convertible Car Seat, Side-impact protection, adjustable headrest, adjustable crotch buckle, 5-point harness, bubble recline indicator, top tether, 360, usable as a booster car seat. The Sirona feels snug as long as the front seat is pushed back enough. I love that both seats allow for extended rear-facing up to 50 pounds, and both can be used from birth until the child is ready to switch to a booster car seat. I say get the Sirona S and carry your kiddo until theyre grown enough for you to buckle them in a booster seat. Cybex Sirona S. 5-50 pounds. However, theres a decent chance you wont need another car seat until booster mode age. With the Cybex Sirona, you get baby safety notications via phone, chest clip, or cars receiver. Both have seat lock indicators that change color from green to read and vice versa to indicate current status. This alone makes the seat a better buy for lots of tired moms and dads out there. All Rights Reserved Also Mom 2022 | Privacy Policy & Other Legalities, Choosing the perfect convertible car seat might give you PTSD flashbacks to the giant stress ball that was choosing the perfect infant car seat. The AAP constantly reminds parents and caregivers about this truth: rear-facing in the backseat (preferably in the middle) is the safest place to ride in for newborns and toddlers up to 2 years. We both have SUVs and I still always worry about hitting my babes head when getting in/out. Most cars have LATCH weight limits of around 60 pounds including the weight of the car seat. You also get informed when it the temperatures in the backseat are too high. piaa coaching clearances; dostoyevsky novel crossword clue; psac women's soccer schedule Also, the Sensor Safe technology is amazing. A Note on Height/Depth: Some car seats are very tall, and when they lean back in rear-facing mode, they take up a lot of space. Forward-facing, the limit is 35lbs for the Cybex while it is 30lbs for the Nuna Revv. Remember that the base and seat shell stay fused at all times. Mothercare weren't really helpful when we asked which one is better as the 2 sales assistants we spoke to (we went on 2 different occasions) said . Thanks. Overall its pretty unattractive, but since it weighs in at about 15 pounds, it does make a decent travel car seat. Remember: if you want a onetime installation of either car seat, make sure to use the vehicles seatbelt and NOT the lower anchors. text club coupon for buybuybaby.com will save you $100. Officially it is recommended to rear-face until at least age two, but it is safest to rear-face as long as your car seat will allow, weight and height-wise. The seat swivels, which means you can easily make it face to the side where the door is and get your precious cargo out without breaking a sweat or your back for that matter. It has a higher size limit (120 lbs/ 60 vs 100 lbs/ 57). Installing the Nuna Rava with the seatbelt is incredibly easy. The AACE is the winner among the Nuna vs UPPAbaby booster seat comparison. . Baby Registry. Both technologies aim to achieve the same aim, and this resource explains the difference. if you have a Nordstrom card you can buy it now but Im sure it will still be available when it opens up to Jon card holders too! Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. And to ensure a safe and secure position, the multi-directional tether reduces seat rotation and stress in the event of a crash. In fact, you should start rear-facing baby right from the day youre discharged from the hospital according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. That said, the Nuna Rava is FAA-approved, which means its supposed to be light enough for air travel. The answer is YES. No need to uninstall and reinstall when switching between seating modes. If you haven't yet committed to the SUV/minivan life and need the best convertible car seat for a compact car Nuna Rava, Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max, Maxi Cosi Pria 85, Maxi Cosi Pria 70, Cosco Scenera Next, andPeg Perego Primo Viaggioseats all have smaller than average depth measurements, meaning they take up less front seat leg room. The headrest on both seats pull out and upward to accommodate the increasing head height of a growing kid. I gave it 4 stars I believe. These are The Best Convertible Car Seats based on Also Mom's strict criteria, detailedhere. The Nuna REVV has the same limitations for both rear and forward facing, saying the child must only be between 5-40 lbs. Both car seats recline with ease, but Id say that the Nuna Rava performs somewhat better. Because youll regret the purchase sooner than I predict you will! Yet another great Britax seat with great safety ratings and the dreaded gray/white base. Child weight: 4-120 lbs. But you may have to change the battery. Heres a little piece of advice thatll save your back tons of trouble: once you install either car seat in the backseat of your car, let it stay there. It's so expensive for what it is and it puts your base out of action if you wanted to use the cloud Z again. And if youre interested to read nuna revv reviews, go to the brands website and read what those who bought the car seat say about it. Its so bulky and my lo doesnt seem to get comfortable. Also, both have plush padding and most kids fall asleep in them pretty fast. The Nuna Rava has been a top convertible car seat at Kidsland for many years. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. (Meaning if your cars LATCH weight limit is 60 pounds and your car seat weighs 25 pounds, your child can weigh no more than 35 pounds when using the LATCH system.) And obviously, you cant take out the seat itself and use it as a portable carrier as you would with an infant car seat. This is primarily because we do not love the way they look or have found better options at similar price points. 1 Count (Pack of 1) 4.3 out of 5 stars 463. with seat belt: 25-65 lbs | with lower anchor belt: 25-40 lbs. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. They have similar limits forward-facing: up to 65 pounds and a maximum height limit forward-facing of 49. Nice-to-have features, too. It will let you know if the baby is unbuckled, if hes too hot in the seat, and If you step out of the car for longer than a minute, it will send an alert that the baby is still in the car seat. thanks for the reply. And when baby reaches 11lbs, you should take off the infant wedge. Learn more about, Twins & Multiples: Your Tentative Time Table, November 20, 2022 | by march2022herewecome. 22 - 65 pounds. Now that the specs and features are out of the way, lets dive deep and see what our comparison of the Cybex Sirona S vs Nuna Revv Rotating Car Seat surfaces. Unfortunately, its not very easy on the eyes. I expected a forever option, something you could use from birth until the child was ready for the booster car seat. INFOMATION 732.905.0400. hello@piccolinobaby.com. Well, installing the Cybex Sirona S is a tad trickier than installing the Nuna Rava, but its not too hard as to be a dealbreaker. Nuna RAVA $500 BUY NOW. Im looking at buying either the Nuna RAVA or the Cybex Sirona S Sensor-Safe convertible car seat The big deciding factor for me is whether I want something that rotates.Hoping a fellow mom can help! {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"ItemList","numberOfItems":2,"itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"url":"https:\/\/kiddofreedom.com\/nuna-revv-vs-cybex-sirona-s-comparison\/#cybex-sirona-s-rotating-convertible-car-seat","@id":"https:\/\/kiddofreedom.com\/nuna-revv-vs-cybex-sirona-s-comparison\/#cybex-sirona-s-rotating-convertible-car-seat","name":"CYBEX Sirona S Rotating Convertible Car Seat"},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"url":"https:\/\/kiddofreedom.com\/nuna-revv-vs-cybex-sirona-s-comparison\/#nuna-revv-convertible-swivel-car-seat","@id":"https:\/\/kiddofreedom.com\/nuna-revv-vs-cybex-sirona-s-comparison\/#nuna-revv-convertible-swivel-car-seat","name":"Nuna Revv Convertible Swivel Car Seat"}],"name":"evenflo 360 Gold vs Nuna revv comparison"}. However, the EXEC also converts into a booster unlike the RAVA or REVV . Watch and follow The Car Seat Ladys installation video for your specific car seat and you will for sure get a snug fit. As a medical professional practicing in the United States, Joe Waweru medically reviews every piece of relevant content at kiddofreddom.com, but nothing he says here should be construed as medical advice of any kind.Check Facebook Profile. 17 - 49 inches tall. But if you're on a serious budget, you can skip the infant car seat altogether and go straight to a convertible. energy-absorbing foam and side impact protection (SIP) pods take side impact security to . The Rava is also very awesome and in my opinion it is slightly more secure than the Sirona - it doesnt budge. More about the load leg on Sirona: Some reviewers had trouble getting the load leg to bend out at 90 degrees. Miles. Nuna Rava ($450) - The Nuna Rava is the nicest-looking convertible car seat on the market, and looks at home in even the fanciest of cars and SUVs. Ive handled my fair share of car seats that are frustrating to install, and my advice is dont hesitate to pay more if the seat youre looking at installs with ease. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Why Shop with Albee? Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. Reason #1: Its new car seat technology. Youll find it necessary to remove the padding to access the slots and adjust the crotch buckle, and this can be a bit of a challenge. Not only will you save money and time this way, but it also means fewer installations overall. If you drive one car with significantly less frequency, you can get a less expensive car seat for that car, or use the car seat you would otherwise use for travel (like the Cosco Scenera) in that car. and 43" tall or less. To learn how to install the Nuna Revv rotating car seat, read this easy-to-follow installation guide created by the good people over at Car Seats for the Littles. Its difficult to find a new car seat that isnt safe, but not every car seat out there accounts for style and taste. 1797 Ave of the States Unit 2 Lakewood, NJ, 08701. Nuna Pipa Review vs Nuna Pipa Lite; Post navigation. (Cue to 1:30 in this kind of disturbing. 28 - 49 inches tall and the top of the child's ears are below the top of the headrest. I like the safety and minimalist design/easy to clean features of the Clek. GREENGUARD GOLD-certified: Yes. Be sure to register the car seat no matter which option you end up choosing. The Nuna Revv may have a more solid feel and build and plusher padding and looks a tad nicer. I mean, kids are always growing and adding weight, but Nuna seems to be completely unaware of this fact. All in all I would never use it if I didnt feel it was safe for babe! The main feature of this car seat is that it extends to provide four extra inches of legroom, but so too does the Nuna Rava (albeit at a significantly higher price point), and the Maxi Cosi car seats offer similar benefits at the same price point. But while the Nuna Revvs limit stretches from 5-40lbs, its competitors weight range starts at 4lbs and extends all the way to 50 pounds. The KNOX is available in 4 colors.The higher priced Jordan option is made with merino wool and free of fire retardant chemicals.Wool is a naturally temperature stabilizing and moisture wicking fabric ideal for parents seeking ultimate comfort for their baby. The insert isnt foldable in both cases (as it is in Evenflo 360 Gold). Here are reviews of the best tiny-vehicle car seats. Subject: Re:Nuna Rava vs Graco Extend2Fit. For convertible I am between the nuna rava, clek foonf and cybex sirona m. Does anyone have any Hi -Has anyone purchased/ used a rotating convertible car seat. safe, but not every car seat out there accounts for style and taste. It sure does feel like the tiny passenger would get reliable protection in a crash, but the Nuna Revv looks and feels somewhat beefier and sturdier. Car seat has a panel with protective properties; it serves as anti-rebound mechanism rear-facing, Headrest adjusts and theres no re-threading the 5-point harness afterward, Car seat revolves on a base that stays in the backseat, Seat lock feature: Lets you know when the seat docks into place for safe use while vehicle is in motion. Cybex Sirona is a well-known option at the top of the price range. We had the seats installed in our cars by a CPST at our local Fire Department. Ill start with the weight limits rear-facing and then proceed to the height limits. Many parents soon realize that the Nuna Revv is NOT an all-in-one turning car seat, and that they need to set aside some extra money for another convertible car seat or forward-facing car seat pre-booster age. I mean, youre definitely going to part with more money for another convertible car seat or forward-facing-only seat. nuna revv stroller compatibilitywho sang ruby tuesday on the two ronnieswho sang ruby tuesday on the two ronnies Theres no winner for me here; use the seatbelt and stop worrying about lower anchor weight limits. Each comes with a removable infant body and head insert, which means its intended for fitting newborns as well as older kids. Unless you really need to transfer it to a different vehicle, dont uninstall either option. The Nuna Rava wins here since it weights in at 27.2 pounds versus 31 pounds for the Cybex Sirona S. IMHO though, being lighter doesnt make much of a difference unless you intend to switch between vehicles a lot, which isnt something you want to do with this kind of a car seat. The fact that it rotates is a game changer. IMHO though, it doesnt spin as nicely as the Evenflo Revolve 360 Gold. In addition to being fire-resistant, merino wool is soft, hypoallergenic and helps regulate your child's body temperature, keeping kids cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Both seats provide little ones with side-impact protection, which is great. A decent stack of scientific studies consistently finds that its best for people who travel with kids to rear-face them for as long as possible. Anything wider than that and you likely wont be able to fit three across. The crotch buckle allows for adjustments to create a much better fit, but be ready to put in a little more work when working the buckle on the Nuna Revv. The Nuna Revv is never a forever convertible car seat. 40 pounds. Whether it will fit in your car. As for the Nuna Revv, the instructions manual says to route the top tether over the anti-rebound bar, which also functions as a carry handle. This saves your main car seat from the bumps and bruises of air travel and means you dont have to carry such a heavy car seat through the airport. Easy to install and use, cozy comfort, nice quality. You can wash the infant wedge of the Cybex Sirona S, but the one on the Nuna Revv shouldnt be washed according to the manufacturers manual. A Note on Second Car Seats: If you have the budget for it and drive both cars frequently, get two of the safest car seats your budget will allow. See this photo of the Nuna Revv installed in a vehicle to understand what I mean. A Note on Infant vs. Convertible Car Seats: Many convertible car seats are suitable from birth with infant inserts. Once the weight limit for the lower anchors is reached, you have to uninstall the car seat and install it via the seatbelt. On the Nuna Revv, the crotch buckle boasts a plush cover, which is nice. Lets now dive into the comparison to help you decide who deserves your money. If your backseat slopes backward too much, youll likely experience this issue. One good reason to use the seatbelt is that there are no weight limits to observe, and if done right, you end up with a safe and secure install just as do with LATCH. Wish nuna could have figured out a better weight limit for the rev. And the manufacturers say to take them out as soon as baby reaches 11 pounds. As you enter your babys next stage in car seat safety, the options for convertible car seats may seem overwhelming, fortunately were here to help you narrow your search with three of our top picks! Some believe load legs protect better than anti-rebound bars, see this discussion, but very few US car seats have a load leg. Create an account or log in to participate. The hassle-free design makes the Rava one of the most parent-friendly convertible car seats. Im looking at buying either the Nuna RAVA or the Cybex Sirona S Sensor-Safe convertible car seat The big deciding factor for me is whether I want something that rotates.Hoping a fellow mom can help! But the companys technical writer seemed to have forgotten to tell users where the shoulder portion of the seatbelt should be placed. Just like the Nuna Rava, the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat can be used for children from 4-65 pounds and transitions from rear to forward-facing car seat when the time comes. Because it swivels while the Nuna Rava doesnt. The Nuna RAVA is one of the only convertible car seats that uses a naturally fire-resistant bamboo/polyester fabric instead of flame-retardant chemicals. But, I prefer the ease-of-use and comfort features of the Nuna (push button recline, easy to install, secure install, non-rethread belts). There are a few things to consider when it comes to choosing a convertible car seat. Fits 3 across in most midsize vehicles. The rotating seat makes switching between rear-facing and forward-facing positions quick and easy. Interested in compact car seats that make fit 3 across a dream come true? Take the upper harness height for the Evenflo Gold 360, for example. Cybex Sirona vs NUNA Rava? owensboro health scheduling; pnc express funds approved checks; So does this mean that the Nuna Revv is the better choice when it comes to extended rear-facing? I like that both choices come with an optional infant head and body insert. That said, most kids use these car seats until theyre mature enough for the booster. it says it doesn't work on cybex but it worked for me. The 7 best convertible car seats. You might be able to use each of these car seats from infanthood through toddlerhood. This seat converts to a booster, accommodating kids from 5-120 pounds. So you have to carry the whole thing each time. The LATCH weight limits rear-facing for the Cybex Sirona S are 4-30 pounds vs 5-35 pounds for the Nuna Rava. Safety, obviously. The minimum weight and height requirements for both booster seats are the same - a kid must be at least 40 pounds or 38 inches tall. The base is a sort of industrial gray, the fabric choices are limited, and all seats have contrast piping which makes the seats look dated. Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 The Cybex Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 car seat might not be perfect, but it does come pretty close to it. The Nuna Rava is also airplane certified, allowing you to take it around the globe. Learn more about why car seat expiration dates exist here. The Cybex Sirona S2 is approved from 61cm to 18kg/105cm. Sirona install is tricky, and the Knox was recalled shortly after its initial release so I personally do not trust it. Rear facing height limit: Less than 49. The headrest provides advance side impact protection to ensure correct position as your child grows. Seriously, why buy an expensive infant car seat only to use it for 6-15 months before your baby outgrows it when you could get either of these car seats and possibly own only one car seat until theyre booster-ready? Cybex Sirona M Sensorsafe Convertible Car Seat. The height limits is where differences between the Nuna Revv and Cybex Sirona S really begin to emerge. Expiration: 10 years. Lower anchor max weight rear facing: 25-40 pounds document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); a clinical psychologist by training and a mom by choice is almost always tired. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. With the steel frame we mentioned before, along with energy absorbing foam and side impact protection (SIP) pods, the Rava is one of the safest rides your child will take.The Nuna Rava is also airplane certified, allowing you to take it around the globe. But she somehow manages to put out a post or two each week to help other tired moms pick out baby gear that literally saves their lives.Check LinkedIn Profile. While the former offers a maximum height range of 43 inches, the latter offers an upper limit of 40 inches. So why not do it that way right at the beginning? Im sure youve watched the notoriously short videos created by the marketing folks at car seat and stroller brands and seen how effortlessly they fold down strollers and install car seats. We plan to rearward face till around 18months minimum. I love the reviews on each seat but I just can't make a decision. Not for US aircraft but aircraft-ready in Canada, Height-adjustable Load leg for stabilizing seat and reducing crash impacts, EasyLock Bar and Belt tensioner for locking the seatbelt, Removable body and head support insert for 5-11 pounds, Width at widest point:21 (at the shoulder), Lowest harness height: 7 with newborn insert, Crotch buckle positions:3 at 5,6 and 7. Cybex Sirona Convertible Car Seats. I think Im going to go for the Sirona S! Sirona S allows you to swivel the seat to face the entry, eliminating awkward positions while placing your child onto their car seat and securing the harness. Primary Menu cheryl hines favorite dessert. A safe seat in the $100 price range that allows forward facing up to 65 pounds (which is significantly better than the Cosco Scenera NEXTs 40 pound weight limit). Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat. Find other car seats that rotate here. In the end, youll have sent way above what youd have spent had you purchased the Sirona S right from the get-go. It's super easy and effortless getting baby in and out of the car seat. Peg Perego Kinetic. As a medical professional practicing in the United States, Joe Waweru medically reviews every piece of relevant content at kiddofreddom.com, but nothing he says here should be construed as medical advice of any kind.Check Facebook Profile. I'm thinking about either the Cybex Sirona or Nuna Revv because of the 360 swivel. As for comfort, the Knox by Uppababy includes a recline indicator to assist with finding the acceptable position for Rear-facing and Forward facing.The SMARTSecure system features an indicator that lets you know when the seat has been correctly installed. My son will be a year old in January & I want to upgrade him to a convertible car seat. Me and DH are torn between the Nuna Rebel and the Cybex Sirona. A Note on Width: If you want to fit three car seats in your back seat, the magical width is 17 inches. Does it rotate smoothly? Does anyone think they are worth it ?Im also considering Nuna Rava and Britax. Compared to infant car seats, convertible car seats take up a lot more space, are significantly heavier, are more difficult to move from car to car, and do not integrate with strollers as travel systems. Because it uses a foldable infant insert, something we dont see in other convertible car seats. Lets now dive in and do this Cybex Sirona s vs Nuna Rava comparison so you can intelligently pick the better bet. (83) The CYBEX Sirona S is the only convertible car seat to feature a 360 rotatable seat with load leg stability, linear side impact protection, and SensorSafe technology. In case youre interested, I recently wrote a comparison post on Nuna Revv vs Evenflo 360 Gold. 1.UPPAbaby KNOX vs. Nuna RAVA Car Seat Comparison - Strolleria; 2.Uppababy Knox vs Nuna Rava: Which is the Best Convertible Car 3.UPPABABY KNOX vs NUNA RAVA Convertible Car Seat - Kidsland; 4.Uppababy Knox vs. Nuna Rev Convertible Car seat Review feat 5.UPPAbaby KNOX vs. Nuna RAVA Car Seat Comparison - Pinterest