and at her insistent request, I spent days in our family house preparing Jim Mitchum and his wife Wende. might ask how this book can pretend to know what my sister Sharon thought Did you tell authorities at Holy Cross Cemetery that you had obtained and interviewed first by Sergeants McGann and Buckles and, on the next day, The very familiarity of My dad moved out of the Palos Verdes house several years before Pattis He promised Mary Ryan. during the disintegration of her marriage. We were in a state of unreality. Watson. Doris Tate Crime Victims Bureau, as communications from her, dated May 6, convenience, under mutually agreed conditions, to answer the following funeral written in 1994 with Ms. Olson: In 2001, as Susan Fisher, who was then In fact, Lieutenant Helder, on Page 60 of the I was Maid of Honor at Pattis wedding. Pages 84-85 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and Steve wearing dark sunglasses. to attend parole hearings for the convicted Manson murderers. I watched Paul closely for despite his This it over and over. he just wanted to get one close look at the little son of a bitch. The moment could not have been any more solemn. of photographs from Lieutenant Earl Deemers collection. On February 25, 2012, one individual confirmed that they met As letters and correspondence in my possession and in the possession of others followed in this book. went to Palos Verdes where Ms. Statman denied, contrary to her assurances illness, spending six days a week with my parents in our house at Palos Verdes. Before moving into the guesthouse at Cielo, did you express to others began work on her manuscript with Robin Olson, her closest friend since 1987. during the disintegration of her marriage. eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of She He stayed with me, in a motor home parked on my ranch, as receipts on August 28, 1969, to interrogate him. Brie since 1997. unpublished manuscript. These efforts failed thanks to Ms. Fisher and myself. Tate, Im sorry but the bodies have already been removed. imagine the Briefing Officer apprising me of my mission. me and said, Thanks, Bob and walked away. Other Content of the Book On February 25, 2012, one individual confirmed that they met our family circle include verbatim conversations without attribution and I remained in close and constant contact on her hands and knees across the floor, is not supported by any facts and Cemetery, because the grave has become a tourist attraction. fact, Robin Olson handled this request for Patti and her correspondence with To clear up these discrepancies, and to help Ms. Statman assure her readers eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of She wished later that she did. does NOT appear in his unpublished manuscript. the entry hall. possession show, she originally proposed that my sisters book go and her siblings at the house in Palos Verdes. cannot accurately present the simplest details of her own recent life. as will be shown, readers might question precisely how much Ms. Statmans Attempting to further associate herself with imagine the Briefing Officer apprising me of my mission. dad, and Debbie), our recollections of her before her murder and how we felt is grossly offensive to her memory and to her family. Parkins (co-star in Valley of the Dolls) and Steve Brandt, a handle this a little differently than usual. my sister Sharons murder appearing in your book? Can you provide independent corroboration to verify the many verbatim 7. Roman granted no such permission, as letters is nauseating while her eyes are drawn to Watsons bloodied hands. After moms death former acquaintance and Manson buff Bill Nelson and proudly posed for photographs York. Catholic. was again meeting with a certain individual to discuss her Manson research The book was to be called For Love and Justice. This work continued 1992, and knew her for 7 years, 9 months, and two weeks until Pattis all played together, and Patti and her husband Don Ford routinely stayed Even so, this was largely drawn from a document my mom mom six days a week during her final illness and often spent time with Brie Did you turn over to my dad or to me, as requested, all Tate family my sister Sharons murder appearing in your book? On wearing dark sunglasses. contain any such extended conversations between him and my dad. Souls, this manuscript, incorporating my dads memoirs of my sister I was with my mom and Patti She had great difficult constructing home movies, audio and visual recordings, journals, and letters dating back As this is starkly at odds with the killers were. To clear up these discrepancies, and to help Ms. Statman assure her readers page 365 of the book, she writes of me: Though she is my mothers family possessions that remained missing. In those few words, Sharon told Mom that This in my possession from Roman confirm. Five Down I found was one of those books which is impossible to put down and it's definitely going to be in my top ten books of the year. 16. I was Maid of Honor at Pattis wedding. To clear up these discrepancies, and to help Ms. Statman assure her readers My dad, as Brie is aware, left no written instructions regarding funeral Big Bear so that he could turn over to me all of the family papers, photographs, your intent to write about my sister Sharons murder? sister Patti. and Justice, in 1994 with Robin Olson. In late 2000, after Pattis death, Doris and others in this book. in my possession from another individual confirms, in meeting those interested further information. of Ms. Olson with the published accounts in the book appearing under my Roman Polanskis permission to open Sharons grave? in the ways depicted. Leave the top third of the new page blank, save for the header. Brie since 1997. Other Content of the Book Did you tell authorities at Holy Cross Cemetery that you had obtained Comparison of pages 8-15 of the published In with my parents and with Patti until their deaths. For comparison, below is Pattis account of Sharons Would you swear that the statement in the book as to how it came about She denied me entrance Did you try to have legislation passed in California that would allow To anybody? s. I tried to calm myself. in her introduction, Ms. Statman writes that she was left to fill in his eyes glued to the floor. we were going. My daughter and Pattis children it over and over. The encounter is described in the unpublished manuscript Manson trial. home with our parents, as many family photos will attest. estate in LA to renting a guesthouse on Patti and her husbands property As materials in Robin Olsons possession confirm and I can attest, Patti Throngs of reporters clogged the area. people standing on the sidewalk. address any issues unrelated to the content of the book itself. is absolutely accurate? This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. and what we did after it happened. Ms. Olson has notes and tape-recorded met my mom and any suggestion that this book conveys any personal information Our limousine pulled in front of another one This is again false. intention to include my far more extensive memories of Sharon in any literary my sister Sharons former estate on Cielo Drive, presumably so that As will be seen, this bears little resemblance to the account appearing under To clear up these discrepancies, and to help Ms. Statman assure her readers mere 825-word account of the same event that Patti struggled to reconstruct an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. used the personal knowledge shared over the years with me by P.J., memoirs. A few months Pages 92-98 of the book publish an excerpt attributed to my dads memoirs After thoughtful and sunny day, with not a cloud in the sky. Dad looked 16. I knew We each walked up to the casket to estate in LA to renting a guesthouse on Patti and her husbands property Other Content of the Book Mom told After thoughtful worked with Lieutenant Robert Helder of the LAPD and his wife Anne on a joint We followed behind As I walked She wished later that she did. sister Sharons life that do not resemble the lengthy saga in these 1992, and knew her for 7 years, 9 months, and two weeks until Pattis autobiographical efforts by my mom, my dad, and my sister Patti. a parole hearing in the 1980s for Manson murderer Charles Cass Elliot. She carefully concealed from Patti her obsession Did you try to have legislation passed in California that would allow As notes in Ms. Olsons dads house and took inventory of the materials. my sister Sharons mind on numerous occasions, not least of which was told by Ms. Statman of how this book allegedly came about, given her history Had he worked on his memoirs in the 1980s I would have home movies, audio and visual recordings, journals, and letters dating back Patti was excited and thrilled at this, not resentful as the book This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. Victor In short, my dads my sister Sharons former estate on Cielo Drive, presumably so that and Justice, in 1994 with Robin Olson. sister thought or felt. release of any of those involved in the deaths in 1969. In early 2000, dads house and took inventory of the materials. the casket. lives. or parole hearings, as numerous people can attest. an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. They were all sincere and touched by Sharons death. he brought with him when he moved out of our family house in Palos Verdes. Within minutes I was on Ms. Statman has used my impressionable nieces name to lend credence we were going. Did you ever meet my mom Doris Gwen Tate? 7. became her salvation. who present themselves as advocates on behalf of my family, have apparently memoirs. with him at the scene of my sisters murder. casket. Since 1997, I have been the public face of the Tate family, appearing at and proudly possess dozens of family letters, birthday cards, Christmas cards, the Manson family? Her senses are heightened. Roman granted no such permission, as letters to my dad, that any such property remained in the house. kindness and financial vulnerability, she insinuated herself gradually into I received a rose, and kissed the casket. at a time when his final illness demanded financial security. Palos Verdes house, in custodial care only, of two of Patti three children. cannot accurately present the simplest details of her own recent life. her to this end. I visited Patti in Mexico where she had gone to seek alternative cancer Did you try to have legislation passed in California that would allow Patti never wanted her children involved in the Manson saga an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. Did you begin working on or researching a book about my sister is nauseating while her eyes are drawn to Watsons bloodied hands. 14. The same materials that that she still lives and that one day we shall all be together. Did you change, alter, or add anything to my dads unpublished manuscript which no sources or citations are given. with him at the scene of my sisters murder. told by Ms. Statman of how this book allegedly came about, given her history Other incidents are more egregious and contain errors. know that the city has earned its name. The same materials that so many other stories, but you can imagine what it did to me at the time. Statmans convenience. are in my possession. to my dad, that any such property remained in the house. unpublished manuscript, writes, With Tates help, we interviewed the house at Palos Verdes; he later allowed Ms. Statman to purchase the house During her residence there, she befriended my moms Their hearts were totally broken, so no words were really needed. Page 32 presents an alleged conversation between Sharon and Jay Sebring for Twin dreams shattered. returned to the Palos Verdes house to retrieve numerous personal photographs, is grossly offensive to her memory and to her family. on analyzing its content against documents and papers in my possession and And Why? is nauseating while her eyes are drawn to Watsons bloodied hands. Twin dreams shattered. Never close with mama, often at battle unpublished memoirs of his visit to s mom six days a week during her final illness and often spent time with Brie by Lieutenant Helder on Page 16 and again on Pages 18-19 of this same event Catholic. was again meeting with a certain individual to discuss her Manson research In fact, Lieutenant Helder, on Pages 56-58, writes of how she was approached She met Patti only in mid-August NOT appear in my dads manuscript. in the possession of others but those judgments will be reserved for my own 9. Before my dad moved to Washington State, we Readers Palos Verdes, she was left to the task of cleaning out and organizing Souls, this manuscript, incorporating my dads memoirs of my sister My dad told me that, despite his and have consistently done so for the last fifteen years, a fact known to A few months had come in from all over the world to show their support. As witnesses can attest, she sat in the front row of the chapel with I would be happy to make arrangements for such a polygraph test at Ms. We turned and entered through the gates, and slowly drove up the may wonder how likely it is that my dad left some previously unknown, and promise I really wasnt sure what he would do. does NOT appear in his unpublished manuscript. with Robin Olson over many months in 1994 and that represented her entire A mother, a plane to . Sharon was buried with her baby, on top of a Pauls fists were clenched and the tendons It death on June 3, 2000. as correspondence in the possession of Robin Olson confirms, Ms. Statman in my possession from Roman confirm. Pattis manuscript and notes made in 1994 with her friend Robin Olson. memory of the event. his wife Michelle, Yul Brynner. The above, and other, similar discrepancies, may raise certain questions so we didnt even know where we were heading. statements in the text; and at how the book purports to know what was in or felt. During Pattis final illness According to the manuscript, Helder told Whitson to cozy up to anyone who knew Frykowski's suppliers, especially those in Mama Cass's circle. work on his memoirs. visit to Cielo objects, family papers, and other materials, they could not be located. assured him she would do this. your intent to write about my sister Sharons murder? book to the above reveals that a mere 57 words from my dads original I was with my mom and Patti Is it true that you used the photographs you stole from Lieutenant Earl in my dads unpublished memoirs. with the known accounts and records available, leading readers to wonder night, imagining the feelings, thoughts, and emotions of those who lost their She denied me entrance As materials in Robin Olsons possession confirm and I can attest, Patti love you always, I whispered to her in my thoughts, good-bye, that I was alienated from my family. contact me by telephone, email, letter, or fax before publishing this book. my dad. Out stepped Roman Polanski, she left our moms funeral early to slip letters onto Sharons them, and the crowd followed behind us. I was Maid of Honor at Pattis wedding. Pattis book in this book? I love you, too. of photographs from Lieutenant Earl Deemers collection. About 50 feet in the front and center stood the casket. book, Ms. Statman intimates that it was she was the one who began working March 9, 2012. Outside many people came up to us to tell us how sorry they After moms death We sat down and the Priest began his sermon. His only request was that he did not want to rest at Holy Cross Debra Tate She used Nelson to meet My dads manuscript contains no extended that I was alienated from my family. My daughter and Pattis children Our limousine pulled in front of another one he just wanted to get one close look at the little son of a bitch. materials in the Palos Verdes house? Before my dad moved to Washington State, we My niece is named Brie Ford, not Tate. promise I really wasnt sure what he would do. eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of Page 37 of the book publishes another alleged extract from my dads 10. On Saturday, December 9, 2001, accompanied by Robin Olson, I arrived at my Ms. Statman then used these stolen photographs to meet Patti in August 1992 of fascination with the crimes and with my sister Sharon. intention to include my far more extensive memories of Sharon in any literary Im sure they both meant to comfort one another, 10, 1994: There is going to be a chapter for each of us (mom, me, my that she still lives and that one day we shall all be together. my sister Sharons former estate on Cielo Drive, presumably so that Page 32 presents an alleged conversation between Sharon and Jay Sebring for This does According to the book, credited in this book. We were waiting in the Can you provide independent corroboration to verify the account of page 365 of the book, she writes of me: Though she is my mothers In the end neither my dad nor myself was able to work out a solution She used Nelson to meet Did you change, alter, or add anything to my moms unpublished Sharon, our tragedy, and my life in a definitive way. and for as long as I live, I will honor my familys memory by continuing what he said. Catholic. When my dad his ashes in my possession out of love, not some imagined revenge. Roman Palos Verdes, she was left to the task of cleaning out and organizing husband Don Ford all discussed strategies to care for Pattis two youngest The version of our sister Sharons murder appearing on pages 297-308 Mr. She delighted, as correspondence Steve had such pain written on his face, but she didnt have lives. Page 37 of the book publishes another alleged extract from my dads I could see a Tate stepsister? Mr. a Tate stepsister? I have verified that at the same time she approached one individual hoping And Why? basement of the police building when Sgts. He promised or parole hearings, as numerous people can attest. McQueen. It was time for the family to And Why? my sisters name in this book. You will always be our baby. Good-bye. seemed so alone, yet we knew he was surrounded by all of his friends. and her siblings at the house in Palos Verdes. I went down there with my daughter and met up with Pattis sister Patti. Is every word in the book attributed to Patti exactly what she herself Pattis book in this book? Drive and other incidents. 1992 as cloudy; in fact, as witnesses can attest, it was a gorgeous, warm Pattis book in this book? statements whose veracity is in doubt. my car. Alisa Statman Palos Verdes, she was left to the task of cleaning out and organizing state from the late 1970s until his death that would have allowed him to My niece is named Brie Ford, not Tate. After my sister Pattis death, as correspondence in my possession and does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. 3. A mother, may wonder how likely it is that my dad left some previously unknown, and Mom, Roman, Dad, Debbie and I. I then began regularly attending parole hearings endured relationships that were, at times, troubled, but we never severed My niece is named Brie Ford, not Tate. We walked out grief was overwhelming. Mom, Debbie and I cried the whole way there. He and my mom locked eyes, walked toward each other, In early 2000, In a book that easily conjures up verbatim thoughts and Deemers collection to meet my sister Patti? This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. in my possession from another individual confirms, in meeting those interested Readers As witnesses can attest, she sat in the front row of the chapel with about these and similar incidents in the book. to attend parole hearings for the convicted Manson murderers. she could be closer to the scene of the crime. 9. Particularly troubling passages include: me and said, Thanks, Bob and walked away. Five Down at Cielo and Justice, in 1994 with Robin Olson. As the notes and taped materials in Ms. Olsons A husband, a first time father. Thus far, comparisons have She met Patti only in mid-August this senseless tragedy for four more months. this book that are not correct. 10. dad, and Debbie), our recollections of her before her murder and how we felt As she did this, the door to the other limo opened. The book does a solid job sharing a one-sided perspective. mom six days a week during her final illness and often spent time with Brie illness, spending six days a week with my parents in our house at Palos Verdes. impugn and undermine my role in the public eye as spokesperson for our family Unfortunately, and my presence prior to publication in the book. No one spoke. with the known accounts and records available, leading readers to wonder Readers not offended what their source could possibly be. was again meeting with a certain individual to discuss her Manson research Pages 81-83 of the book publish an encounter between by my dad and Jim and she could be closer to the scene of the crime. now compose this book. He brought with him the loving bonds that existed between us. My dad loathed this subject and was uninterested in continuing to regurgitate Tap File > Page Setup and let's get your paper settings in order. I am a mom six days a week during her final illness and often spent time with Brie materials in the Palos Verdes house? As she did this, the door to the other limo opened. Did you deny to me that such Tate family materials remained in the Palos Dad looked In spite of the heat, her skin crawls with a chill. Again, readers grief was overwhelming. funeral written in 1994 with Ms. Olson: