A Nike missile air defense base, known as N-85, still exists on the property, though abandoned since the mid-1960s. The year 2010 was its best ever, with about 1.063 million passengers. The airport is owned and operated by the Peninsula Airport Commission, a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Frontier operates as an ultra-low-cost carrier with competitive prices and direct single-leg trips. I will be flying jet blue again!! Get To Know Us. First know, all airlines have different fare classes, often times people will talk about the basic fare classes being F, J, or Y. You will be able to quickly view your itinerary, purchase carry-on bags, upgrade your seating, check bags, and print your boarding pass. ", "Honestly, everything was great. Has anyone had this problem? When I asked travel agent I was told I would only be charged 1 nights hotel fee and receive a credit from airline. [16] By 1985 the airport had the distinction of being America's fastest-growing airport. If so I would do that. Landing was incredibly harsh. I tried Twitter and that took over 46 mins, to FINALLY learn its common with Sun Country to leave some seats open to be assigned at the gate and it DIDNT mean the flight was overbooked after all. Today I want to dig deeper in the airline and explain Frontier Airlines fare classes and the benefits to each class. Frontier Airlines provides the charter palne for Funjet and Apple Vacations (both on the same plane ). Elite Airways announced intention to begin service with flights from PHF to Myrtle Beach, SC in 2018, but scrapped the plans due to doubts and concerns about airport operations following the failure of a reincarnation of People Express Airlines (2010s) (which was based in Newport News and attempted to operate a small hub at the airport with Boeing 737-400 jets) and multiple investigations into the airport as well as a perceived lack of passenger demand.[26]. Then they took forever once they started. I have been fighting with them for several months to get our money back. Did not have to check my carry-on bag either! Having flown Frontier numerous times, a 2 and 6 year old, will be seated with at least one parent..Normally on charters, you will be at the rear of the aircraft..Before stretch seating, children and parents were at the front of the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I canceled my trip to Jamaica, and they tried to keep my money. ", "If you dont have TSA precheck.get itlifesaver", "Allegiant plays games with seating to try to milk more money from passengers. ", "The gate agents and flight attendants were nice. Not accommodating or caring at ALL. ", "Easy and painless. Unfortunately I will not be booking through kayak again in fear of having to deal with airfare. Enjoy unlimited savings all year with the Discount Den! [28]. I expected more from American since our 2hr flight from Orlando to JFK had working WiFi, power outlets and in-seat video monitors. For a tropical family escape, the West Indies is always a fan favorite. Buy up to 45 min before domestic (60 min international) flights! Never ever again that Im going to use another travel agent in my life. We recommend being at the gate well ahead of your flight. Would like to be able to watch something", "The boarding wasnt smooth, there were 3 women at the podium listing zones and it was very mumbled and low, quite hard to hear despite the small area dedicated to Allegiant passengers. Which was a waste of time since we did online check in but still needed to go to the self check for seat assignment. 1-888-558-6654 Frequently Asked Questions You can call us any day of the week! In 2019, the airport handled about 431,077 passengers. ", "Plane was old and uncomfortable. WE'VE GONE MOBILE. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. ", "Lots of hassles at NY airport. Be the first one to find this review helpful. I recently reserved 3 rooms for our family vacation through a travel agent. Deposits on AeroMexico, American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines and Bahamas Air are now as low as $250 per person on bulk fares to Mexico, Caribbean, or Central America with Apple Vacations, Funjet . Beloved for its crystal-clear blue waters, gorgeous stretches of white sand beaches and abundance of diverse wildlife, the Caribbean is an unmissable destination for travelers of all ages. Is it possible to shut the screen off if you dont want to use It? ", "The crew were professional and courteous", "The fight was delayed multiple times, starting at a 5:44 takeoff and finally taking off around 9:15. While reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, Funjet Vacations does not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions. All you need to bring is your confirmation code, confirmation email, credit card and ID, or passport. To start, simply enter your confirmation code, scan your confirmation, or swipe your credit card, ID, or passport. ", "Ticket prices are always the best. Original: We were set to go to Destin Sept 12-16 but my husband had a heart attack with major complications. If you are not at the gate by this time, your reservation may be cancelled and you may lose your seats on the plane. ", "Everything especially the snacks and in flight entertainment. Because of the long wait, it would have been nice to have been offered a snack in addition to the beverage that was served during the flight. We were not given option to get off the plane nor given any compensation or good will gesture like a 25 Voucher etc. Youcan skip the ticket counter line altogether and go straight to the security check if you checked-in online and printed your boarding pass! In fact, while I was getting my bag checked at the gate, the Gate CSR noted that there was an aisle seat available and asked if I wanted to move from a middle seat to the aisle. We were given water but not offered anything else. Flight arrive earlier than expect. Learn what we are doing to ensure your peace of mind. It wasn't obvious but as someone who works in the service industry I could tell he was being short with people and could have provided a much better experience if he wanted to be there. Unfortunately this was after landing from Milan at 1.30 with two small children so we had already had a very long day. How do I know I can trust these reviews about Funjet? ", "Great direct flight to many destinations smaller airports less wait time", "It was raining when we landed and we were told the guy didn't want to come out in the rain to open the door so we were stuck on the plane for a while. Find cheap tickets to anywhere in Virginia from anywhere in United States. That flight was delayed. Unsubscribe easily. If you havent already checked in online, you must be in line to check inat least 2 hoursprior to departure to ensure you are checked-in with a boarding pass in hand no later than 45 minutes prior to your flight's departure. Carry-on bag prices are more expensive at the airport. Shop Now Make 2023 Your Best Year Yet ", "This A320 aircraft departed LGA with the first class toilet inoperative. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-58300150', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight check in, but not a big deal since they are good travelers. Functional seat. ", "Professional, friendly, always on-time or earl, nothing lost ever.. ", "The cabin attendants were mostly cheerful", "This will be my last flight on American. powered by PRATT & WHITNEY GTF TM ENGINES. the connections can be offered in a much better and time efficient way but they were not. Carry-On Bag Take it with you. We cudnt hear most of it.. Even though The flight was delayed by 30 minutes we were only 15 minutes later into the terminal", "The flight was delayed by 30 minutes but we were only 15 minutes later into the terminal", "All went well. Both runways were extended to their current lengths of 6526 feet (1989 m) Runway 220, and 8003 feet (2439 m) Runway 725. Flying to either of these airports will give you a great view of the Potomac River as well. Save your time, money, and energy and DO NOT book with them. Would be nice to get something complimentary for all the wasted time. a sandwich might of been better than that disgusting hot food. Or will it be a problem? More information on, At the airport using self-service kiosks in many airports, Passenger names as it appears in your reservation, 45 minutes before your departure for domestic flights, 60 minutes before your departure for international flights. My bag never did show up and I couldn't even connect with anyone at the airline. However, on January 6, 2015, Frontier Airlines withdrew all services from Newport News. She go on an additional trip that they did not apply the credit towards!!! One in particular expressed a great sense of humor throughout the flight and had a great rapport w/ passengers. Would like to know kayak fee up front before booking and all hidden charges! I've always flown SW and did online check-in 24 hrs prior to get seating status (A,B,C). Especially when the person chosen to speak has a heavy accent and its competing with other announcements. I usually get woken up by the flight staff, but this time I just missed them. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Crew was nice but not very talkative", "The crew was very nice and professional. ", "Had to pick up gate-checked bag at carousel. Greeted us, helps us and made the initial part of the trip so easy! Flight left on time and landed early. Well start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. Atlantic Aviation handles international chartered flights. Cabin Crew was very good natured about all of this; but flight crew never mentioned it. It's not realistic to expect customers to stay loyal to an airline that prices them out. He was in the hospital/rehab for 45 days and doctor said he will not be able to travel in Sept. Funjet refused to refund me. Purchase your carry-on before hand - you'll save and skip the check-in line! When we finally landed (3 hrs late) they informed us none of our luggage had arrived. Lots of room in the row. I was told that if I had booked the trip myself I would have saved $969! More Info > Transportation| Getting to and Re: FunJet vacations (Cancun) 1 year ago Save They then told me that I could not use my travel credit for a flight only and that I need to book a car or hotel which I didn't need. ", "We were not able to choose our seats until we got to the airport. ", "Smooth boarding process. **** WARNING. Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport, Feb. 1, 1976 Official Airline Guide (OAG), North American Edition, Newport News flight schedules. Confirm policies on booking site. The most popular route is New York LaGuardia to Richmond Byrd Intl and the cheapest round-trip airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $185. The White House is about 26 miles from the airport in a rental car (33m). On a flight that long the seats shouldnt be that close in proximity nor should larger passengers be allowed to sit in seats too small for their body type. Take Advantage of Gateway Exchange Having trouble finding Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights from your preferred departure ariport? The first time, I woke up on my own to see everyone finishing their food, so I asked for a meal and I got one; the second time, I woke up to see the trash being collected, but never got a chance to ask for my meal because no member of the flight staff passed me again. No extra fee for online check-in. Late once again. Frontier remains committed to ensuring that the Sky is for Everyone. Then at one point the delay changed to 3 hours. Now we may use kayak to see all the options but I cant booking directly with kayak anymore after this complete disaster. Not for this crew impatient and just rude to other passengers. Sloppy and disrespectful of peoles time! Take advantage of low pricing and in-flight perks on these exclusive flights, operated by quality carriers like Allegiant Air, Frontier Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Swift Air, Viva Aerobus and Volaris. Come to find out, my credit was put towards a "new reservation" for the bride. Frontier Airlines recently introduced the option to purchase Airport Agent Assistance for scheduled air and Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flight passengers who prefer assistance at the airport for things like checking in, printing boarding passes, or having their checked bags manually tagged where self-tagging is available. One more benefit of booking with a travel advisor: New low deposits on bulk fares with eight major airlines. You must have your printed boarding pass in hand and have any baggage checked in by the following cutoff times: These times arevery importantif you want to make your flight. If you are traveling asanElitelevel member of FRONTIERMiles, we invite you to look for the priority check-in lane. For information on how to locate your confirmation code visit our confirmation code instructions page. 10"D x 16"W x 24"H. Max weight: 34 lbs. Hotel management said they never heard of these costs!!!! Thanks kayak. Yesterday, I introduced my readers to Frontier Airlines and gave a brief overview of the airline. Good thing because my family wasnt sitting together-$12 to pick or change seats ahead of time. Made for a last minute headache during checkin. ", "Snacks were good. Hundred percent a company all about customer service", "Jetblue is just amazing, lots of smiles, tv, free fast WiFi , free snacks and drinks ! St. Maarten. The only thing I didn't like was that I'd wanted to book a return direct flight on American Airlines as well, but the price skyrocketed from a few hundred to over $2200, which is just outrageous, so I booked TAP Portugal instead. Personal Item One Included Size: 14"H X 18"W X 8"D including handles, wheels and straps Think purses, totes, computer bags, briefcases, diaper bags and kids backpacks This change would not take place until ten years later. ", "Big guy sitting next to me took up 2 seats!! Or, you know, have seats that fit all your customers. The price was outstanding since I went with the Black Friday special. Please whatever you do, do not book with FunJet!! Remember, your gate assignment and departure time could change due to operational requirements. Love Sun Country! Friddell, Guy (September 21, 1990). Staff was courteous and the food was fine. At this point anybody could do her job", "The boarding was quick and efficient, the plane was really clean. I would give them zero stars if possible. Re-orient all staff in proper boarding process and utilizing all available resources properly to provide clear and intelligible (not speeding) overhead audio messaging and current boarding status prompts on displays. Search Virginia flights on KAYAK. I have contacted an attorney. ", "On time service, decent plane with good crew", "Provide entertainment on board. ", "Very poor communication with multiple delays. Both my wife and I could not access internet. The package included a direct chartered flight on Viva Aerobus. ", "Arrived 1 hour and 10 min before take off and American Airlines didnt let us check in. This also contains your six-digit conformation code (don't forget to check your junk folder! Staff did not agree with each other as to what should or should not be scannedconfusing to say the least. Almost missed me next flight. Have to pay $45 for a carry-on bag. ", "The crew was okay. This airline also charges for carry-ons. Very uncomfortable seats, hot air little ac, very poor experience with Jet Blue. If you don't check-in online, you have two other check-in options: If you didnt check in online, you can still save yourself some time by using the automated kiosks at the airport. We didnt find out a reason till we took off. ", "The seats are too close together. hoping to fly delta for next trip to Dominican Rep. but now Im unsure", "My seat didnt have a window. By registering with Funjet Vacations, you will receive weekly e-mails that will keep you updated on new specials and hot deals. A representative came in and rudely ejected us from the area. Therefore, I sat in the "priority" boarding area. ", "2.00 for water! Wonderful and friendly staff. ", "Please reduce your delays - again we took off with more than an hour delay and by definition you are responsible of that disagreement, you are the company I am paying for the service.", "See Below.. Inflight WiFi Entertainment Options", "Flight was delayed hour due to missing crew. If it's your job to pen a plane door, I would think it's reasonable you do it in the rain sometimes. Maintain or replace audio equipment if necessary to help improve quality of audio messaging in all boarding areas. Was hoping JetBlue", "Crew was very friendly and helpful. If you need some extra help with the check-in process, our customer service agents are always available to help you with traditional counter check-in, available in all airports. ", "Crew serving was efficient and quick--accommodating. ", "Plane was virtually empty and it was a pleasure to have a whole row to myself! The problem is Funjet did not offer any (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 2. It's up, up and away at Patrick Henry Airport, Patrick Henry on the runway to recovery, Dec. 1, 1989 OAG Pocket Flight Guide, Newport News flight schedules, Oct. 1, 1989 Official Airline Guide (OAG), North American edition, Newport News flight schedules, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Statistics Peninsula Airport Commission", https://www.departedflights.com/PI121578p18.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHF79intro.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHF89intro.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHF91intro.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHF95intro.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHF99intro.html, https://www.departedflights.com/PHFintro.html, "Welcome to FlyPHF - Traffic Statistics! WTF. No complaints. The first runway was 220, a 3,500-foot (1,100m) runway, followed by 624 (later redesignated as 725). You could also get to the White House by flying to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Additionally, in 2011 Tidewater Flight Center opened a second location at the airport, providing flight instruction from the original terminal building. The woman who booked it told me there was limited recline, THERE WAS NO RECLINE, and she left out there is no window even though she asked me if I wanted window or isle and I chose window. Was smooth flight in terms of turbulence. ", "Great service. Might be platform thing as we have Apple devices; woman next to us seemed to have nomorobkem with PC. They are liars and thieves. We value your privacy. When the plane was delayed going out of SFO, they didn't say anything until 30 mins after we were supposed to fly out. Also sharing the original terminal building is a local squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, which maintains several CAP airplanes at the airport. I bought my ticket from this agent I so called (friend). I guess we just show up 2 1/2 hours prior to departure and check-in there? Seating in immediate gate area was not comfortable. I will even brag on the fact we took Offa full hour late but somehow landed 5 minutes after scheduled. I like a good fare, but selling a can of Coke on the flight for $2 seems a bit extreme. Its cheaper to you to allow people to check themselves in online than make people check in at the desk that was woefully understaffed. Smooth flight. When are guys going and are you flying out of STL or Kansas City? Horrible experience. Virginia is the home of two NASCAR tracks. Short flight, but they offered us refills on drinks, which I've never experienced before. I have had my 5 and 7 year olds split from us for a 24 hour (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I now have to get an attorney involved. I won a $50 Delta gift certificate! When I checked online they have nothing but bad reviews. This airline has been moved to the bottom of my list. [21] Delta Connection began service from Newport News to Atlanta in February 2002. They owe us money because we couldnt get on our flight so we had to go out later on a different airline. ", "Pretty empty flight so we were able to change seats. ", "Flight was very late. We have long been loyal to kayak feeling it provides the best breadth of options and good pricing. FAQ. I had to sit on the plane for over an hour before we took off. Since 2010, the Commission consists of six commissioners who are appointed by the cities of Hampton (2) and Newport News (4). We value your privacy. ", "The flight attendant checking peoples bags and boarding passes at the gate was not friendly. "Identity problem with Patrick Henry name has a certain mystique". However, on January 6, 2015, Frontier Airlines withdrew all services from Newport News.[25]. When we finally landed. At 6'3", I was very grateful for the ask. Restroom was dirty. Dont waste your time to fight with them, theyre not going to do anything for youDispute with your bank first and tell them this company is a scamI hope this will help. Once past boarding, everything was great ! The airport became Patrick Henry International Airport in 1975. Crew handled weather delay well. ", "The flight didn't board until an hour and a half after the original scheduled time, and despite boarding quickly, we didn't take off for even longer.