I will definitely order from this website again. You can check out our return policy at http://www.lucyinthesky.com/shop/help as well as each individual product page under the Payment and Return Policy section. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Thanks for your feedback. Beyond disappointed. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or canceling it. It goes against our guidelines to offer incentives for reviews. Her mom (Gene's mother's sister) has moved to France. The package was never opened -- and sent back immediately. Intellectual Property, Software and Content. Date of experience: 20 February 2023 carly raymo 1 review US 2 days ago Late order If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes or you wish to request details of personal information which we hold about you, we offer a range of ways in which you can contact us: All email messages and email newsletters will contain information on how you can unsubscribe. They have horrible customer service and cannot call because it's a bogus phone number. Were almost out of time and do not have a back up plan. Tip for consumers:Do not order from themif u feel like u have to atleast use PayPal when checking out so when u dont receive ur dress PayPal will return ur money after waiting months from original purchase date. Guess I'll be donating clothes to charity. We're so sorry to hear issues with your order. Lucy in the Sky, Inc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Back in London Lucy has a choice - stay with James or pine for Nathan, who's far away. With no warning either time. Free Returns for United States Customers. Sky Support Email. You can reach out to us via email at shop@lucyinthesky.email or via Live Chat during our business hours. Do not order from here. Lucy in the Sky, Inc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. It is 9/23 no dress. We want to make sure that this refund goes through immediately. I was so disappointed in the quality. You must not misuse this Website. -Kate Advertisement SR Sydney Rose 1 review US Nov 3, 2022 Happy with my first dress but they need a better return policy I absolutely love the first dress that came in the mail, it is gorgeous and compliments me very well. Either you embrace "diaper astronaut love triangle" or you don't . 0800 230 0202. Contacting Sky Thanks for using our online services - if you do still need to contact us, please be aware that wait times may be longer than normal, but be assured we're prioritising calls from customers who've already been online. this was for a very special event and now i have no outfit and no resolution to this. Two out of four of the dresses arrived by January. I reached out to customer service numerous times and have not had a response. Haiker Rojas. Just enclose your order details in your return package and send it back to our Return Address below: LUCY IN THE SKY They have yet to respond and emails were sent over a week ago. Check out what 6,964 people have written so far, and share your own experience. Designed in Los Angeles - New Arrivals Weekly. I'm wanting to buy the starstruck strappy dress, should i size up or get my normal size? If you placed an order without an account, you can use the same email to create an account to access your return label. 2. Well look into the stated issue and will work out a way to resolve the situation asap! We are based in Los Angeles, California, but at this time, we are online only and do not have a public location. She even helped me cancel an order and issued my store credit instantly. Belle R and the team at Lucy in the Sky were great to work with. In the unfortunate situation that a style is faulty or any other similar issues, we we would give you the option of store credit, an original payment refund or the reimbursement of any repair costs. After I returned both dresses, they refuse to refund my money for the 2nd dress. Dispatch times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays for which we will not be responsible. But Sarah S got my exchange going and it will make it in time! . I HAVE MY TRACKING NUMBER. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is a song by the English rock band the Beatles from their 1967 album Sgt. You can email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email! I have never been able to complete a return that quickly. Shipping is free worldwide over US$75 and US$4.90 under US$75 for United States Orders, and US$6.90 for International Orders. BROADBAND. Hans from Lucy in the Sky was very proactive in getting back to me in a timely manner. Yes! They weren't rude per se, but they were deeply unhelpful. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed. Her real name is Carmen and she is secretive about her backstory. She was a total pleasure to work with. -Kate. It fits exactly to measurements specified in the skirt section for sure! Again, reach out to us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email and we'll follow this up:) The complete opposite of lawyer James, Nathan is carefree and fun. -Kate. In the unlikely event that Lucy in the Sky, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets. This cost is not covered by us and is charged directly by your local government. They take your money and hope you forgot about the order because they'll never say anything unless you reach out, Hi Colleen, This Privacy Policy Statement only covers our Website and does not cover any other website. She responded quickly and answered all my questions. Business Profile Lucy In The Sky, Inc Online Retailer Contact Information 748 S Main St Los Angeles, CA 90014-2013 Get Directions Visit Website (213) 278-0968 Average of 282 Customer Reviews. I absolutely love Lucy in the Sky's Customer Service!!! I emailed on 9/16 noone has contacted me. I definitely recommend Lucy in the Sky, as my other dresses were great and their customer service is top-tier! In general, international orders take 2-3 weeks to be delivered, though can be shorter or longer, depending on the style and your specific location. Do you agree with Lucy in the Sky's 4-star rating? I have been waiting for almost three weeks and still haven't got my money back. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Hi Mandy, They wasted no time taking my money but today is 10/7 and I have not received a tracking number and they have not replied to my last email I sent them yesterday. Be careful of ordering something for a particular occasion. I'm convinced company is run out of a basement and lack computer skill to process anything. This is the only time I ever have ordered something online when the seller would only give store credit. Oh no! Any orders which are returned to sender will be processed for store credit as per the return policy on our website. Shipping is free over US$75 and US$6.90 for orders under US$75. Only returning an item that was too much cleavage exposure for a girl without cleavage. This page was last edited on 12 October 2022, at 14:56 (UTC). We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. 2023 Trustpilot, Inc. All rights reserved. I HAVE MY TRACKING NUMBER. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. Thanks for your feedback. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. We ordered a dress on 9/6. Worst experience. However, our order arrived two days late and was not usable, therefore, for my daughter's graduation. Store credit refunds are processed within 3 to 4 weeks of your return being received, due to Covid delays; and are valid for 12 months from the issue date. Returned the dresses in a timely fashion, expecting a refund but was only offered a store credit! International shipping is free worldwide over US$50 (not including taxes or customs fees) and US$6.90 for orders under US$50. You can email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can further assist you. Feel free to reach out to us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email if you have any other questions:) AfterPay is a payment platform which gives you the choice to pay for your purchases via 4 simple interest-free installments, with 25% of your order total paid immediately, and the remaining amount paid. Products used:None, sizing too inaccurate. We're so sorry to hear about the order. Over 90% of Sky customers seeking help quickly get it through the available online channels. They charge so much and the quality is so bad. Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can assist you sooner. 5726 Solutions. Normally, I don't like ordering online because of how hard it is to return stuff but this was super easy! Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can look into this for you. Please note that business days do not include weekends or public holidays. -Kate. Yes, it says so on the website -- READ THE FINE PRINT. Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email. If your order is older than 14 days, you will see an option under your Order History in the My Account tab to cancel your order. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and, The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of. Thanks for your feedback. You can also specifically search for styles that ship in 24 hours with a 3-5 business day delivery date through the Quick Find function and selecting 'Delivered by' date. Moving home . I ordered my dress september 13 it's now october 1. is it supposed to take this long? WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS? Try the following: 0800 587 4005. We'll send her your regards! Saved jobs Why would I need store credit when I already purchased the 3rd dress. Free FedEx Shipping, over US$75. If I do not get a refund, I will be disputing the charge on my credit card! This is a generic card error - this means that your bank is rejecting the transaction at this time. Tip for consumers:NO REFUNDS! Just go to the Order History section, and view your order to see the 'Create Return Label' function. I feel tricked and pissed off. - Kate. What is the Lucy in the Sky Return Policy? Sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching out to us. It is the size of a T-shirt. I ordered a skirt set and I checked out their sizing guide which matched everything aside from hip sizing (the circumstance around the largest part of your booty). Meanwhile, the mesh on-top comes is super long and looks incredibly awkward. We're so glad you were able to reorder and get it in the time frame you needed. There is no phone number and the chat has been disabled. Im very disappointed. My daughter had 10 other friends that never received dresses for homecoming eitherorder months in advance.the one friend that did receive dress it looked nothing like pictures and was completely see thru and had a hole in side stitching. where you can enter your landline number to check the service. There are no fees if you pay on time. Don't take the risk and give them your money. We're so sorry to hear about the order. -Kate. Please let us know if we can help any further. Lucy In The SKY corporate office is located in 748 S Main St, Los Angeles, California, 90014, United States and has 32 employees. Technical support. Followed up shortly after the purchase to make sure everything was ok. Trust that their reputation is deserved. It was also incredibly short it looked fine on the tall super models, but on someone who's 5'0, the slit was ABOVE my underwear so whack, will never shop here again. The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. I'm so frustrated because they don't have a phone number. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service. Do the dresses come within two weeks and is it worth the money? -Kate Sarika Pramod 1 review US 3 days ago Great experience! WHY AM I RECEIVING A 'TRANSACTION CANNOT BE PROCESSED' ERROR AT THE CHECKOUT? For international orders, any taxes or customs fees are the responsibility of the recipient. Review. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. Luckily I was able to return it and get store credit pretty quickly. Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can assist you further. Hi! We may also send you from time to time (by email) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Lucy in the Sky, Inc. Backed by the National Science Foundation, Love this website but i can't re order my dress because my, Unfortunately the one dress that actually came within the expected, If I do not get a refund, I will be disputing the charge on my, Great it you have 2 months to wait for a dress and don't care that there is zero customer service. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and www.lucyinthesky.com will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them. Contact from abroad. 0818 719 819. Purchased a dress that ended up not fitting well, went to return only to learn that they only offer store credit refunds. Please contact us via Live Chat for 24 hour customer care. If you please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email we can assist you with a return. Please emails us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so that we can better assist you. Share. Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law, Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and content, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with, You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and. You can call Tata sky Toll-free number- 1800 208 6633 and share your queries with the team.. Write to us at: Customer Service, Lucy in the Sky, Inc. 1200 Wall Street, Floor 2, Los Angeles, CA, 90014.WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS? The monies received upon the debiting of your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Contact BT for help and support with your BT broadband, TV, home phone or mobile. These companies are a dime a dozen, you can 100% find another that actually values customer service. Not Available. | Read 5,941-5,960 Reviews out of 6,586 Los Angeles, California This document governs your relationship with, This Website may contain links to other websites (the "Linked Sites"), which are not operated by, You must not misuse this Website. Hi Grace, Thanks for your feedback. Shop now at www.lucyinthesky.com. I have emailed them three times and tried to do the virtual chat but it never works. Most dresses are see through material with zippers stuck. They offer advanced store credit on returns and after chatting a live agent and giving the order number, they found I'd already shipped it and immediately sent my store credit code to my email. I am so disappointed and will NEVER ORDER AGAIN! It was not the representatives fault, so she did great, but the company should do better in alerting guests. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Direct number; Sky Freephone customer services: 0800 151 2747: Alternative free telephone number: 0844 800 0040: Main 0344 number: 03442 411 653: Alternative Lo-call number: . A store credit is automatically applied to an account attached to the email used for an order. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law www.lucyinthesky.com and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. We're so sorry to hear about the order. Lucy in the Sky is an online clothing retailer offering high-end styles at super affordable prices. LUCY IN THE SKY IS OUR GO TO! We do try and post a disclaimer that this does happen with sequin styles. Message KYLA via the following: Article created 4 years ago. Sky's customer service number. Lucy In The Sky Midi Dress - Black - Alice. Yes, the one dress I never received was . I focused on what I cared about which was waist sizing and chest but hip sizing didn't match mine. Search Full List of Executives. Totally disappointed! . Thanks for your feedback. The customer service and chat support feature here is great and really easy to use. my party is april 10. . We are not doing wholesale at this time. -Kate. This store has a great selection of dresses but unfortunately 1/3 of the dresses I've ordered was not what I expected based on the photo. Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can assist you sooner. Its pathetic that they do that to customers. These Sky contact numbers are available between 8am and 10pm every day of the week, and between 8am and 9pm on weekends. - Your order may have been shipped in multiple parts, so the other products in your order may be coming seperately. People who write reviews have ownership to edit or delete them at any time, and theyll be displayed as long as an account is active. Hi Hailey, Thanks for your feedback. 90015 If the initial address provided was incorrect, your package will be processed as returned to sender by our returns team. - Kate, Hi Chris! Date of experience: 04 February 2023. Thanks for your feedback. I foresee no dress, no money returned and no reply. You either have to be put in a que in live chat with at least 100 people ahead of you or wait 48 hours for someone to respond to your email. See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. The customer service is out of this world. The company is best-known for its dresses, but they also offer swimwear, rompers and jumpsuits, two piece sets, skirts, shorts, tops, bodysuits, and pants. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may from time to time include third party links on our Website. Not worth the hassle and loss of money. Shipping was supposed to be 5 business days. You can email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email! If you have any order issues, please reach out at shop@lucyinthesky.emailor via Live Chat during business hours (8:00-4:30 Pacific Time, Mon-Fri, excluding U.S Public Holidays). Lucy Harley-McKeown; Jessica Clark; . I have ordered twice for my daughter, and both times, I had to reach out to Customer Service. We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age forcompetitions, prizedraws, or newsletter sign ups. No! Unfortunately, the dress didn't fit, but their customer service was great in explaining how I could return the dress and get another size as soon as possible. I will absolutely be reordering a new size and be a returning customer! Caveat emptor. Find top links about Lucy In The Sky Login along with social links, FAQs, and more. Sky Fax. You will receive your tracking number once your style/s have been shipped. Do not purchase from Lucy in the Sky. All orders are charged in USD - our website may show you the estimated equivalent amount in your local currency (this can be changed under 'My Account' of the website. All prices advertised are subject to such changes. Please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email if anything else. Shein has better quality than this garbage! Save. -Kate. We are a 100% United States based company registered in California, and we process tens of thousands of orders on a regular basis. We do our best to make it transparent as we do indicate them on our FAQ and on every individual dress page. Thanks for your feedback. Besides that, the customer review rating on Better Business Bureau is 2.8-stars. Absolutely terrible customer service. Depending at which stage your order is at, we may be able to adjust it accordingly. The first time it was cancelled altogether. I ordered the Kayden Dress in black. Awful quality (paper thin and/or very sheer) & poor design (way too short, inaccurate sizing). Lucy in the sky is a great company from products to customer service I am always satisfied. Hi Teagan, Thanks for your feedback. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. Please let us know if we can help any further. I love Lucy in the sky ! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY ORDER TO SHIP? CABLE TV. Hi Chloe, Thanks for your feedback. WILL I BE CHARGE CUSTOMS FEES OR TAXES WHEN I RECEIVE MY ORDER? We'd love to assist you further if you need help with returns. He understood my issue, addresses it and rectified it. Write a review Sign in. I HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from this place. If you have any further questions or concerns please email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email so we can assist you sooner. If you have any additional questions, contact us via Live Chat or email us at shop@lucyinthesky.email SHIPPING HOW LONG IS SHIPPING AND DELIVERY? This will be automatically applied to your account attached to the email address used for the order. tablet. The dresses were way too short - they barely covered my butt. These numbers are generally staffed between the hours of 7 am to 11 pm every day. Hi Matilde, Really bad. - Kate, Hi Paula! -Kate. If you still cannot locate it, you may have entered your email incorrectly - reach out to us at shop@lucyinthesky.emailor via Live Chat during business hours and we will resend you your confirmation. I loved 1/2 dresses I bought. Save ur money and timego to windsor insteadur going to end up there regardless. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your order. We had the same issue. Hi Bailey! I had an issue with my dress being see through and needed a replacement soon for an event. Orders and upgrades. Return policy is awful and as slow. - Verify the shipping address provided - if there is an error, you would need to reach out to DHL GlobalMail or USPS to see if it is possible to update your address. -Kate, Lucy in the Sky is an absolutely horrible company. I was horrified. Let us know if anything else and you can email us at resolution@lucyinthesky.email! Contacts: Adam Russell Adam.Russell@FHFA.gov Please note that we do pay for all shipping and delivery costs; but for international orders, taxes and/or duty fees may be charged on delivery of the order by your local government. Despite several attempts via emails, and a complaint to the BBB, my request for a refund has remained unanswered. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. I used the chat feature again in January to try to figure out where my two other dresses were. Not including processing time, estimated delivery time for international orders is 6 to 12 business days, (not including any potential customs delays or remote locations). Hi there. The dresses didn't look anything like the photos. Funding Rounds Number of Funding Rounds 9 Total Funding Amount $144M. LOVE THIS COMPANY Date of experience: February 23, 2023 Advertisement Rabene 1 review AE 4 days ago She contacted the customer service email on 10/6 and received no response; tried again on 10/10 with no response. Your return will be processed as soon as possible, generally within 20 business days of us receiving it - you will receive the store credit code in your email. Company is a scam that sucks money and slow on delivery even though all items stated are in stock. I don't think you got it! Her level of customer service was fabulous. This isn't a real company. Consumers complaining about Lucy in the Sky most frequently mention customer service, store credit and phone number problems.Lucy in the Sky ranks 92nd among Women's Clothing sites. All of our styles are designed at our offices in Los Angeles, and produced excusively in-house domestically and internationally. -Kate. You can only email and live chat with them. I was never updated or contacted. Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. As there is no phone number to be able to contact the company we ad two choices: email and be ignored or chat in and finally get a chat agent (the ONLY chat agent at this fraud of a company) Emma, It took three and a half hours waiting for the chat I suppose that Lucy in the Sky thought we would give up. This policy is effective from 01/01/2016. I placed an order and was waiting for more than a month. Thanks for your feedback. LUCY IN THE SKY Help Centre. Call costs from other providers will vary. All such rights are reserved by www.lucyinthesky.com and its licensors. www.lucyinthesky.com retains the right to refuse any request made by you. Shop faster with the App My Account Account Wish list Order Status Help Center shipping returns sizing -Kate. Customer service contacts and company information. Please let us know if we can help any further. In the case you forgot to use a store credit we suggest canceling the order for a refund and re-ordering with the store credit. Made and Designed in Los Angeles - Shop now at www.lucyinthesky.com Your card will be debited immediately upon authorization being received.