Once we would find someone to help us modify, they would move them to another account. Reddam's business model quickly extended DiTech's operating territory to seven states by the end of the 1995, and 46 states by the end of 1996. The Truth About Mortgage. In 2019 had a devastating hail storm that ruined my house 40,000 in damages and never could get ditech to repair the damage so I had my bankruptcy revised and took ditech off. 1150 (E.D. On the one hand, the Lackey arbitrator (the same . Cooper Indus., Inc. v. Leatherman Tool Group, Inc., 532 U.S. 424, 435, 121 S. Ct. 1678, 149 L. Ed. ALWAYS trouble. After a very long time, I did get approved for the loan mod, and still recvd papers saying I was kicked off this too went on for a LONG TIME! I. Normally I just pay my bills without looking at where the money goes. Green Tree caused me to have anxiety attacks and depression!! Required fields are marked *. What happened Greentree Mortgage? Also notifying new media. Powers. They first claimed they were not aware of this on time payment incentive from my original banks docs. Wish me luck. Greentree Financial Advisors [ Impersonators of Genuine Firms ] 2408 Richmond Road Staten Island, NY 10306 Fax: 718-732-2047 The transition concluded in the second half of 2015. 1994), aff'd in relevant part, 82 F.3d 785 (8th Cir. They tried to triple my mortgage payment when I paid what my mortgage payment actually was and had been for long time. [3], Powers introduced "People Are Smart," an advertising campaign that leveraged GMAC's reputation as a responsible lender and stressed the importance of making prudent decisions based on expert advice provided by ditech.com loan consultants. The court rejected this argument noting that this was a geographic area where everyone knows everyone else, "and you simply need to `see and ask'" to identify customers. The court also defined "readily ascertainable" to mean that the plaintiff did not spend a great deal of time or effort compiling that information. I cannot get a bank to FHA streamline the $67, 000 mtg. The grounds for the renewed motion under Rule 50(b) are limited to those asserted in the earlier Rule 50(a) motion. A $12.5 million settlement has been reached and is pending approval in the class action lawsuit filed against Green Tree Financial Corp., formerly Conseco Finance Corp., by shareholders. My mortgage was only suppose to last for 30 years. These products are . [6] GMAC Mortgage renamed DiTech ditech.com.[3] Reddam left the company in 2000. We are further convinced that North American's net worth was not the sole consideration in the jury's punitive award. GT uses unethical practices, and I keep making my payments on time but think about letting them have the 2nd home back because of the harassment. They could not find where I owed the money.. After the preliminary hearing, the district court entered a narrowly-tailored injunction. Nice article. (Jul-23-03) [PIONEER PRESS] They demonstrate what should be obvious: Single-digit multipliers are more likely to comport with due process, while still achieving the State's goals of deterrence and retribution, than awards with ratios of 500 to 1 [as in Gore], or in this case, of 145 to 1." Conseco counters that while some of the information within these lead sheets can be harvested from these two sources, its proprietary computer program provides a unique depth of information that cannot be obtained from alternative sources and its loan files contain confidential customer information. In support of this motion, Conseco identified three former employees that it alleged had misappropriated its trade secrets. Shellpoint whatever the heck its called now has been a complete nightmare. P. 50(a) (2). Phone: Web: Category: Mortgage Companies Greentree Financial ripoff Tempe Arizona Business Rating: Rate this business Tell us has your experience with this business or person been good? All I ever get is the run around. Emmenegger v. Bull Moose Tube Co., 324 F.3d 616, 619 (8th Cir. norma, get an attorney and get one quick that specializes in dealing with mortgage law there are several that have won against Green Treethey all know they are scum. [3] DiTech's rapid growth was fueled in part by an aggressive marketing campaign that included a national television commercial featuring a frustrated loan officer who would mutter, "Lost another loan to DiTech," after losing business to the company. Bristol also returned a number of documents at his deposition, in accordance with the district court's TRO. He would lie to my husband and ask why I wouldnt speak to him. A comprehensive . Told her I would be contacting attorney. Who, what when and where to I file a claim with the CFPB? In fact, Green Tree's parent company, Walter Investment Management Corp. (WAC), is merging Green Tree with another of Walter Investment's well-known subsidiaries, Ditech Mortgage Corp, to form a new company, ditech, a Walter company. I had a Making Home Affordable Plan and had many problems with them. While 800-643-0202 is Green Tree Servicing's best toll-free number, there are 3 total ways to get in touch with them. (2) how will we as victims be contacted about a $$ settlement? We will not set aside the jury verdict unless there is a complete absence of probative facts to support the verdict. Id. Hi Folks I am in need of my Title to my Modular Home I paid off in 2016, so I can sell my home. Meridian Enters. It determined that Conseco's lead sheets and documents in its loan files are trade secrets, but also determined that Conseco's customer lists and certain financial information are not trade secrets. However, we cannot allow the punitive damage award to stand at $18 million, and remit the award to $7 million. Further, we are satisfied with the sufficiency of the evidence supporting the jury's award of punitive damages. Servicing Corp. v. North American Mortgage Co., 24 Fed.Appx. And will not tell me nothing, except, paid your payment, my lawyer told me I dont miss payments. R. Civ. As such, it captured over 25 percent of that business by 1993. [2] The brand had effectively disappeared from the marketplace for five years during the mortgage crisis, and the company decided to bring Ditech name back after determining that consumers held largely positive views of the brand. We paid by automatic draft, which we had to pay the service fee of twelve dollars to make payments. The company collapsed under a huge debt load resulting from a rash of acquisitions in the 1990s, including the $6 billion purchase of Green Tree, the nation's largest lender to mobile-home. Hey my name is Patricia I purchased a brand new mobile home from her in 1997 and they are telling me to this day Im still paying on the interest its been 24 years Greentree got bought out so Im still paying interest the trailer was only 40,000!! But the company is not closing. Vigoro contended that the names of 200 former customers constituted a trade secret. I tried to explain they were using an 18 month required funds audit for a 12 month payment and contacted CA Department of Business Oversight for assistance. CFN Investment Holdings will pay $700 million. Greentree Financial Group, Inc. 19720 Jetton Road, 3rd Floor Penthouse Cornelius, NC 28031 (704) 892-8733 Office (704) 892-6487 Fax mikebongiovanni@gtfinancial.com. How can I settle with them without paying. Recommend. Greentree did nothing to help me resolve the situation. Tell how to get I. As to the third Gore guidepost, North American concedes there is "no precise cognate in Missouri criminal law," but attempts to use the Missouri commercial bribery statute, RSMo 570.150.1(3). 966, 968 (E.D. We paid until 2018 July. My Manager sold my Mobile Home to a Mexican for like $500.00 When I was thrown out of my home I still owed like $33,000.00 on my Mobile Home. They threatened foreclosure even though I was paying the the girl said, Do you want me to take your house? Prior to that, they would send papers saying I was approved for a loan mod, then theyd send papers saying I was denied and had X amount of days to get out of the house or I would come home to find my house locked up by the sheriff and I would never gain access, then they would try to short sale it. The parties then chose an arbitrator, indeed . [6][8] The loans were also low-documentation mortgages, or stated income loans, and many borrowers falsified their incomes. They owe me 27,000.00 estimated. Im to the point now where I am contacting my own attorney in order to resolve everything. The Greentree Way | Greentree Mortgage Company, L.P. Requested payoff through government agencies and received payoff from ShellPoint. I hired a lawyer in May this year. Having concluded that these lead sheets and loan files constitute trade secrets, we must next consider whether Conseco produced evidence of actual or threatened misappropriation of these trade secrets. [7] The strategy encompasses direct consumer lending and correspondent lending. I was going through a really hard time, I fell on hard times, I called green tree to try to talk to them because I was not able to make my payments. Green Tree has been accused of a number of abuses, including not honoring loan modification programs, delaying short sale decisions, and charging customers convenience fees when paying their mortgages. Is it still possible to be compensated? I am now 72 years old and am forced to live in HUD housing. Please put our name on a Class Action Suit. and (3) Will the victims be required to apply for a settlement? I believe it was an incentive for the employees to get these fees as compensation. They claim they have left messages and I never received any messages. Thus, because Conseco received a large compensatory award in this case-$3.5 million-in the "absence of extremely reprehensible conduct against the plaintiff or some special circumstance" the large exemplary award cannot stand unmodified. 1997). 2003). Co. of N. As such, the district court abuses its discretion in permitting a punitive damage award to stand when the award is so disproportionate to the factors relevant to the size of the award that it reveals "improper motives or a clear absence of the honest exercise of judgment." It should be paid off and i need the release of lien. I need someone to get in contact with me any time after 4 pm to see if you can help me get the title. I did file with CFPB and the FTC and I got a check for $10.00 after I lost my house I am still setting in my driveway living in my RV. Introduction. We, however, affirmed the decision of the district court to deny the injunction. If the Rule 50(a) motion is denied and the case is submitted to a jury, the movant must renew the motion once again in order to preserve the issue for appeal. Williams v. ConAgra Poultry Company, (slip opinion August 6, 2004). 21 Things That Can Raise Your Mortgage Rate. Can someone please help me understand this!!!! State Farm, 538 U.S. at 425, 123 S. Ct. 1513. Please put my name on a Class Action Suit. [3][7], Ditech pioneered 125 percent loans that allowed mortgage loan applicants to borrow more than properties were worth. Fortunately, authorities were able to track the location of the call and . I think the government allows this because it is still happening I am a single mother of five I lost a child to because of this mortgage company my only son I am still homeless I lost my reputation because of them they are the lowest scum on this earth to do this to all of these honest home owners they will never know the word or term honest I wish they would go threw what I am going threw they would not make it nothing but ugly ignorant people Im so disappointed if the government cant control them maybe there should be other ways to solve this problem I have not got help from them all this rental assistance is also family helps just family and friends I really need help who can help me Ive about lost it. 1995)). I refinanced with an actual bank since 2016 and I have no problems. What Mortgage Rate Can I Get With My Credit Score? We agree. The facts and issues in this case arise from actions taken by North American to acquire information about individuals that is contained in Conseco's confidential files. The court, relying on Greentree Financial Group, Inc. v. Execute Sports, Inc., 163 Cal. North American management consented to the document duplication by its employees. This would begin CNN's ongoing live coverage of the September 11 attacks.[22]. Given North American's failure to comply "with Rule 50, our review is limited to `whether the record reflects an absolute dearth of evidentiary support for the jury's verdict.'" I am trying to get the deed/title to my home. Podner's wholesale copying of customer loan files, which coincided with his resignation from Conseco and hiring by North American, creates at least the threat of misappropriation. Jul 22, 2010 09:17 AM Like Anonymous Vikki Shore [21], On September 11, 2001, in the U.S., a Ditech commercial was airing on the CNN television channel when it was interrupted for an announcement that a plane had struck one of Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City. Must Convert Temporary Loan Mods into Permanent Ones. 4th 495 (2008), held that the test for whether stipulated damages constitute an unenforceable penalty or an enforceable liquidated damages provision centers on whether the damages were a reasonable anticipation of harm caused by breach of the settlement . My late husband put me in this bind, Im sorry Lynn for long text. These files were located in Kattleman's office at North American until he returned them to Conseco, as ordered by the district court in its TRO. [2] DT Holdings, Ditech's parent company, is a subsidiary of Walter Investment Management. However, these were not the "specific grounds" on which North American argued below. It then entered an injunction against North American, Podner, and Kattleman from soliciting customers who had documents taken from their loan files. The company emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year after completing a financial restructuring plan that eliminated $800 millio n in corporate debt and changed its name to Ditech Holding. Was or used there a class action lawsuit because Id certainly be onboard. Later, at trial, he admitted they were working for both companies at the same time. In response, Conseco sent a copy of Mambretti's letter to North American with a request that North American "cease and desist" from taking and using information contained in Conseco's loan files. Personally the FTC is probably a scam too. P. 50(b); Martin H. Redish, 9 Moore's Federal Practice 50.41 (3d ed.2003). 2006 - 2023. .Greentree denied us the Deed in lieu but offered a Hamp..There exact words were, Bank of America is offering you a Hamp. The next best way to talk to their customer support team may just be to tell GetHuman about your issue and let us try to find the best way to contact them or find help for . Claim this business. Lawsuit, Mortgage with GreenTree/Conseco/Ditech/New Rez-ShellPoint since 1995. The auction for former Green Tree Financial in St. Paul, held Tuesday in Chicago, resulted in a Wednesday morning deal, according to news reports. Ive been a customer since 2002. These documents contained information concerning Conseco's internal operations, including monthly retail point income reports generated by each Conseco office, reports ranking the retail volume by branch, reports of retail loans funded by region, financial summaries of each branch, expense ratio reports, expense analysis reports, expense analysis retail volume variance reports, and reports on credit insurance protection. T213. However, when passing on a district court's determinations concerning the constitutionality of the punitive award, we use a de novo standard of review. I am a victim of Green Tree and Ditech can anyone do anything about it. To the extreme. What happened Greentree Mortgage? That is my just due.i dont care how many times the sell or reinvent themselves, they are still the same company as far as I am concerned. I never received any kind of notice about a Class Action Law Suit. 2003). This is actually still happening. We tried to refinance with another company and they caused problems with that and we ended with not being able to do that. .. But that wasn't enough to put the company's troubles behind it. By the end of August, Green Tree will be no more. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and just asked for a little guidance from them. Whether you are interested in a new home, remodeling or refinancing your current home, or consolidating your credit card debt, we will work with you to create a customized solution for your goals. The company's unusually aggressive collection methods and other business practices are in question. After considering Conseco Finance Servicing Corporation's (Conseco's) 1 unfair competition and tortious interference claims against North American Mortgage Company (North American), a jury returned a verdict against North American on each of the claims and awarded Conseco $3.5 million in actual damages and $18 million in punitive damages.