I can only strongly suggest to rent before you buy (this can be taken as general advice, no matter where you are), in or around the same street you might like to buy - I know it may be impractical but better safe than sorry Of course you are going to say that if you didn't have a good experience, which is why you have posted your own review. It's true, look side ways at the wrong person and they'll come back and trash your place if you don't get bashed on the spot. Plus I've always found bogans to be the most friendliest and helpful people I've ever meet. Its boring and no community.. They are disgusting - everyone and I mean everyone does drugs - even the geeks! Another neighbour two houses down put music up once or twice a week at very loud levels, even weeknights at midnight. So you still have the nasty neighbour risk factor but 10x the work! The town is a residential are on the main route to the Sunshine Coast and being on a direct train link to Brisbane CBD makes Caboolture an attractive place to buy a home. This use to be a nice place but to be honest, not so much anymore. June 22, 2022; Posted by la vie en rose piano; 22 . Please do not let those few negative people turn you away from a nice town. Mrlton. NEW! Narangba Valley is the best for family's and schools. Cab West where I am is good. Visit the Caboolture historical Village, take a cruise down the Pumistone Passage or spend the day at Alma Zoo. The whole area (way town) used to be good till the dero's (& Kiwi's)moved in. Please excuse the spelling mistakes above, I should have proof-read it first. I can bulk bill here, there are great opportunities workwise, all u have to do is lookand keep positive. Per a new report from CNN, Life at Sea Cruises is launching a new "three year, 130,000-mile, escape-your-daily-life cruise for a relatively affordable $30,000 per person per year" the one caveat being that passengers have to sign up for all three years. I have spent the last few years away from the area overseas and found that very depressing and taxing on ones mind and daily activities. Yes Clickwriter. "Caboolture West will ultimately be a major regional urban centre that will support 17,000 jobs and have many social benefits including new health and education centres as well as sport and recreation facilities and plenty of new homes for Queenslanders," Mr Miles said. We thought that was diffierent as not many estates offer recycled water. I think Woodford is classed as a little town and Caboolture a mini city with over 50 traffic lights and over 35000 people living just in Morayfield / Caboolture not to mention the outside community's who do their business there everyday this little town jams up and it's very time consuming driving around in slow traffic. As we know trouble can be in any suburb but as the years went on I would say things got worse in Caboolture. Nightlife in Caboolture is by no means vibrant, there's a few local bars to watch the footy at, wouldn't be taking the missus there on a date, but 20mins down the road is the Sandstone Point Hotel which is by far the classiest establishment in the area and well awarded(gets some great acts there).Eating out in Cabo is alright, there's a couple of nice cafes, some decent fish n chip shops/burger joints, the typical fast food places and we have a 24hr bakery, which after a 10hr killer night shift is bloody awesome.A growing CBD attracts lots of professionals during the day and there's further development to come to make the place better.In the end Cabo is Cabo, it'll always have the name, if you're looking for an affordable place to live to raise a family or get into the housing market then Cabo is right for you. I've been here since 82 and totally agree. Best of all my area dosnt flood. I know many people who aspire to do great things and go to university. Good parks, surroundings, playgrounds etc. Buy now as the prices will keep rising due to the new Cab West Development that is being built. Depends on where you live. Vast majority of our neighbours have been broken into within our time here (which isn't actually that different from my last homes at Chancellor Park and Rochedale). I grew up in Tasmania and the entire mainland is too hot for me my Dads from the UK and I spent a year there when I was in my teens I have always regretted returning to OZ as I find the heat unbearable, I am stingly considering GTFO of here once this pandemic crap is over as the heat literally drives me to insanity. Also, Central Lakes Estate was not affeted by the floods in 2011. It was a family with a few teenage kids. Caboolture is growing in amazing ways. 5 bedroom house for sale at 22 Cadaga Place, Caboolture, QLD 4510, OFFERS OVER $649,000. Can highly recommend VIC if you cant stand the heat. UFC 285 live stream. Its all good and well saying, its what you make if it! Nice little place, not too crowded and everything you need is right here. I hope i see you there, id like to see if your a true blue "aussie" or just another "dero" as you put it. Most of the people are friendly and I found if you are polite and respect the place, many other people catch on and start being nice too. If you work, play and enjoy life in general you wont find too many things wrong with Caboolture, Bribie, Woodford etc. I guess anything can be better than where an individual has come from if they know of nothing else, especially when the inital appeal, ie; affordability, loses its shiny, glossy coat of innocent naivety and becomes worn and dull with good dose of reality. Cheers Ray. I hate going into Caboolture shops because the people are awful. Seems this area is going to be it for me when I'm ready to move! Caboolture.derived from Kabi words meaning "Place of the Carpet Snake". Idiot! If you don't like Caboolture why don't you leave? I think like anywhere the place is what you make of it. I went to the south island of NZ and it wasn't like it is here, they are just normal people! We actually heard many horror stories of people living on acreage where people and their kids seem to live an even more carefree lifestylenaively thinking that due to more size they can be even noisier - yet you can hear noise hundreds of metres away if it's loud enough, what difference does it make if your next door house is 5 or 50m away? i think i can tell there are some easy going laid back people who enjoy the place, and others who are just a bit snobby & nothing better to do than to judge everyone else having fun. Sure I reminisce. Yes, you knew your neighbours. Give your kids a fighting chance and stay away. Used to live in the big white house on the corner of Morayfield Rd and Church st. Which brings me to another point, asthetically, this town/s is very unappealing to the eye. Caboolture services the rural area north of Brisbane and although it has had the 'country' feel about it, it is now becoming like an outer suburb of Brisbane. It's a good town if you know where to avoid. It was the gateway to the hinterland, to Bribie Island, to the Sunshine Coast and only 35 minutes to Brisbane airport. I dont like the climate but thats not Cabooltures fault. All low income smokers with too many kids, yelling at them and hitting them. Play golf at Caboolture or Woodford Golf Clubs. Area is more for families with bike tracks, walking paths, lakes, playgrounds, bbq facilities etc. Jan 30, 2023 - Sacramento 118 vs. Minnesota 111; Jan 28, 2023 - Minnesota 117 vs. Sacramento 110 Generally, the area along Morayfield Rd between McDonalds and Caboolture River is "Way Town", as well as the area between the Caboolture Rail Station and the Hospital. Hi Kimmy. I would never be buying in this environment. There are also buses running to Caboolture Station. Pregnant Mums pushing a pram with no shoes smoking and slapping there kids about the head is normal. Visit the Abbey Museum. It's just too much of a risk.We were very very lucky in the end by selling (it took 5 months to find a buyer, and this was in 2008).Caboolture has WAY too many properties, both second hand and newly built. Caboolture ( / kbltr /) [2] is a town and suburb in Moreton Bay Region, Queensland, Australia. Close proximity to fantastic beaches, close to the glass house mountains, all the shops anyone could need and more, an airfield, the best markets in Queensland, a handy train station, surrounded by strawberry/pineapple farms and Pine tree plantations. Although I dont like the area we are in and will be moving.. but, I much prefer the summer here in Victoria! It took a little while to find work as i had arrived at the end of november so any mature person should know thats not a good time of the year to be moving to an area in any countryas most places are closing down with xmas and holidays looming up fast. View 17 property photos, floor plans and Caboolture suburb information. The downside of Caboolture is the super council which is run as the Moreton Bay Region. It has good schooling, gotta be honest and say some are better than others. Yeah there's drugs, deros, wannabe gangsters, welfare bludging deadbeats but there's also a growing number of professional and working class people moving to the suburb and changing it for the better. I had left my phone at a park and called it and the person who found it returned my phone. What pros and cons do you have about the riverbank estate area? I hope you all find the place you are looking for. Go for a drive to Mt Mee State Forest. The commute to Brissy every morning is about 45mins-1hr and Sunny Coast about 30mins. Has one of the best butchers in King Street. This is the same for many areas surrounding the town centre. I have been living in this estate for over ten years. Caboolture is north of Brisbane as is probably considered a suburb. I had another lady offer to buy my food from Aldi when I forgot my card. Not sure why being a bogan is supposed to be a put down. Above comments are all about bad experiences people have had but if people opened there eyes and there ears there is bad experiences to say about any and all areas. We had young kids drinking in the playground/park and being extremely rude and antisocial towards the residents. could you give me any information on the impacts of decreasing greenspace? Maybe you should look into the local recreational activities the place offers & get out & enjoy yourself a bit. Id like to buy my first home so it is tempting to stay but its too hot for me and the young kids cant get outside in summer. 2. Yep its hot. ), kids running multiple trail bikes around the dirt creating noise and dust towards you? We live in a new estate in North Caboolture which has no ADSL support and, according to Telstra, there are no plans to extend the support. Money talks. I wish I could love it here the way you do. It is listed as the Number One Tourist destination in the region. Are you going to live in one side and rent out the other? Central lakes Estate is great, lived here for 8 years, neighbors are friendly. Sunshine coast, Bribie Island and beaches are approx 30 minutes or less and being only 35 minutes it is an easy commute to the airport if you travel a lot. That's the problem you can't know, and you won't until it's "too late" (you already purchased). Please help! It should have been heritage listed but the council, so I'm told, forgot to renew their liquor licence and, I guess, money talks. I live here in caboolture,moving here with friends in 2008, and i didnt research the place either. You will make many friends who enjoy playing sport and this will help keep you active and occupied as Caboolture is a very sporting town. There have even been some serious and hideous crimes over the years including the torture of a child at the caravan park, the shooting of a police over, the home invasion & murder of an old man, just to name a few. "It's a good town if you know where to avoid" ?? The community laugh at what we have to live amongst at times, theres always a post on the caboolture community page about some scum that has stolen or broken into someones house. Soon after we had moved in there, we noticed loud music coming from our back neighbours. It's just a shame people dont put as much effort into building a community they are proud of and filling the place with positivity as they do talking utter rubbish negatives online behind a computer screen, this shire has a phenominal rate of growth, excellent schools and a growing business portfolio, crime is actually dropping and returns for those with half a brain in realestate have been great. Other than that, it is a nice quiet area with plenty of beaches and parks and the Sunshine Coast an hour north. Upper Caboolture is peaceful yet you are so close to the main shopping centre, supermarkets, takeaways, sports and recreational parks, transport and schools. [3] [4] In the 2016 census, the suburb of Caboolture had a population of 26,433 people. If you want to be a part of the community, signing up to a club is the best way to go. There are plenty of things to make living here a positive, but if your hunting for it - you will hear/read a mixture of hugely exaggerated things and the type of things that go wrong in any suburb. People were killed from bashings/ stabbings, others just hospitalized, even the cops get bashed up, guys bash girls too they don't care - heaps of people were pregnant at school, people did drugs at school, robberies occur daily, you will be abused for just looking at someone the wrong way. I have lived here since 2002. You need your own transport if you live outside central Morayfield.. My only complaint is that most blocks seem to have 2 dogs ..but this is not usually a concern unless they bark constantly. Caboolture Special School is a special primary and secondary (Prep-12) school for boys and girls at Torrens Road ( 27.0967S 152.9438E ). However, even since I have changed jobs to the local area - I still find it hard to find places to meet new people. Agree ..I moved up from an expensive area in Melbourne and purchased 3/4 acre in South Morayfield area and really love it here. What pros and cons do you have about the riverbank estate area? This town started to go down hill when the prison was built out at Woodford and, well, the incarcerated needed somewhere for their families to live. It doesn't have the congestion but is convenient and close enough to all the facilities we need as well as being next to a public and private hospital, university, private schools, Tafe, childcare etc. Our children were being attacked at primary school and the schools did nothing about it. even the new things they've built to clean up and refresh the place are quickly being wrecked by out of control and unsupervised kids. A few real estate agents have told me that houses are going under contract (some on the same day) especially within 10 mins from the CBD. I get the occasional drunk coming up to me to have a chat, i nearly get run down at the crossing every time and i get dirty looks from the cleaning ladies. Nothing like advertsing a 'small' area as 'affordable' (aka cheap/housing commission) high density living and not have the infrastructure to support it. oh, but then this justifies knocking down more trees and flattening more bushland, the homes of many native wildlife (I wonder if they understand that koalas are territorial) to widen roads. We have recently moved away because our children are a couple of years away from high school and we would not let them attend the schools we went to. Good parks, surroundings, playgrounds etc. But who wants to put up with them in the meantime when you could just live somewhere better in the first place. Since I moved to Caboolture - I've found it quite convenient in terms of getting to all major shops (Morayfield Shops are very close to Caboolture Shops) - In overall satisfaction with the place, been happy about it. ET. About. Which means I can still easily do whatever I want, just not normally anything to do with Cabby. I actually still agree with my original review, the only place I see the area crowded is driving past the Centrelink and Morayfield Shopping Centre during school holidays. We have lovely neighbours, the local kids are friendly and respectable. It will take 40 years for the $9.5 billion development, bounded by D'Aguilar Highway to the north, Caboolture River Road to the south and west of Old North Road, to be completed. I even went to his door and confronted him, but you could tell that he was a typical bogan with nothing to lose.We could not wait to be moving into our newly built home, even though we were a bit nervous realizing that there were two obvious sides to this newly established estate. We went to their house and it was so loud that the guy (a Kiwi) would barely hear the bell. I haven't been out of QLD but I've always wondered if it is just a QLD problem. I have an average paying job and was still able to buy a home in the town I loved, without having to get into massive debt and without living on top of my neighbours. Still some good mature age souls about but honestly I wouldn't raise a family here if you paid me the overpriced rent each week. feeding westchester mobile food truck schedule. I don't commit crime or take drugs so I just don't see it. My husband and I are retiring he wants to buy a house near the water I have been reading all the reviews about carboolture any help about the place would be much appreciated, Don't move to Caboolture is all I can say, Thinking of buying in caboolture in a new estate riverlands does anyone have any information about the estate or area is it safe ? I have a low mortgage and I happily commute to Brisbane each day which you do get used to. from AU$249/night. Mmmmm, pockets filled with dollars, they stand back and admire their handy work as I bend down to check for a joey from yet another doe (kangaroo) killed with a head injury from a vehicle because it struggled to find the land it once knew. I've heard all the stories about Cabo. It's not because of Burpengary or Narangba it's because ice addict parents let their children do as they please because the parents don't even know how to pass on values or morals. when i returned to Australia and the local area it was so refreshing to see such positive advancement in many areas,New Roads,Bypasses to give quick access to various towns and cities,Housing popping up just everywhere ,i drove from Brisbane to the Sunshine coast and noticed all the way so many new homes being offered at very affordable prices. We then knew that they were staying for good. @silve we lived in Caboolture our whole lives, grew up there. ; Disney Surprise Drinks [7] [8] In 2018, the school had an enrolment of 250 students with 70 teachers (63 full-time equivalent) and 87 non-teaching staff (54 full-time equivalent). I moved to Caboolture a lwhile ago now. I believe this would have been alot easier if we'd been elderly (all functions seem to be for the older generations) or if we had children. Sleeps 7 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. The broadcast links will be updated every 5 minutes. I am a very strong kiwi woman so lets see how defaming you are away from your computer screen. I remember when we would go play inter-school sports and most schools would be scared of us. Its a 45 min train trip into Brisbane thanks to the new timetables introduced. There's wonderful beaches nearby & the bike tracks, walking paths, lakes, playgrounds, bbq facilities sounds like a nice lifestyle. Brought a house for $247, 000 and I brought in the high cycle. Home is where u make itpeople are what help to make it like thatfamily, friends, neighbours etc. It was terrible. Not everyone is like another, good and bad in all cultures. There were noisy parties in a few homes all the time, with lots of people attending until the early hours on many weekends. It is affordable if you are looking to buy or rent. Do a night drive around. Hmmmm. I have had no major issues living here, I have studied at the local QUT/TAFE, I have been part of community organizations and groups, and I have found work in a community I have grown to love. It strikes me as a little too rural unless you are within an hour from Melbourne, qld seems to have a lot more to see and do, its just a shame its too hot to get out half the year! There are some nice areas around, but he town itself seems to be going backward. I arrived with my hopes and dreams in my knapsack, my head held high and ready to make the best of it. You have the occasional noisy neighbors, barking dogs, or hoons who shouldn't have cars or a license but nothing that you wouldn't get anywhere else. June 8, 2022 where not to live in caboolture . Well we have our locals and some reside among us and our lovely surrounding areas. 17' sea squirt center console; naomi milgrom husband; jesse smith ink master portrait; is an irrevocable trust a . Please let me know..thx. I have lived in Morayfield/Caboolture since I was 2 years old I'm now 26 years old. Nobody in the country has gotten off scott free given the countries financial dramas but all in all here cabollture stands holding its value quite nicely in the medium to high quality realestate end of the market.