Who is famous for playing a 12-string guitar. The 'M' in the title stands for its light matte finish. View By Type. Limited Time - Back to School - Cordoba CP100 - Student Guitar Pack - Quality Guitar - Ideal for Beginner Students in School Programs. Thanks for sharing your experience. Possible? alhambra 3c guitar. These guitars are manufactured in Spain, the land of the flamenco guitar and the classical guitar. All of Raimundos guitars are 100% made in Spain. Its made a name for itself for quality as well as affordability. It is believed that some of the Made in Spain Cordoba guitars are made by Raimundo. Its price is around $3,200. Gitarre Guitar Westerngitarre. Inspired by the organic beauty and honesty of acoustic instruments, every Cordoba is lightweight, responsive, and a direct descendant of the Spanish tradition. A Camps SP6 is in the $850 range and within reach of an advanced student. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Learning Classical Guitar At 50. While these guitars can get to stratospheric levels in price, it isnt always true. Happy owners swear by it. Built on the classic combination of a solid Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides, the Fusion 12 Rose II brings a fresh aesthetic to Crdoba's popular Fusion 12 series. The guitar gains a greater than normal neck angle for a lower action and greater stability. This guitar was made in Spain with excellent quality. It has 25.5 inches in scale length and it is an exemplary acoustic guitar. Lutes, Baroque and Renaissance Guitars, etc. There is an understated attractiveness about this guitars minimalistic design. Save 26% . You're in. $106.09 + $31.82 shipping. Their student model, the popular 401, for instance, starts out at about $500. Admira is still based in northern Spain. Where do Cordoba guitars come from? by ksargent Wednesday 29 June 2016, 15:17 pm, Post . With cocobolo back and sides, the 45CO is in a league of its own with a sweet and bright tone that sings. This item: Cordoba 45 Limited Classical Acoustic Nylon String Guitar, Espana Series (made in Spain) with Humidified Hardshell Case $1,399.00 D'Addario Guitar Strings Pro-Arte Classical Guitar Strings Nylon Guitar Strings, 1-Pack $10.99 WINGO Classical Flat Guitar Capo for Nylon String Guitars-Rosewood Finish with 5 Picks. And for the superstars, heres my review of the well-regarded Alhambra 11P. It also has a Spanish cedar neck and smooth ebony fingerboard, making it a dream to play. Admira Guitar, cordoba. It is very loud! The Almansa 402 is equivalent to the Alhambra 3C and is probably superior to the famous Cordoba C5 both in quality of build and in sound. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. The classical guitar developed first in Spain and Italy and spread out elsewhere. Beautiful contrasting woods, and amazing Reverb. Cordoba are a brand I have featured a couple of times before and a very well known instrument maker who have had lines of ukuleles available for quite some time. This set-up leads to a buzz that classical players abhor, but which flamenco players adore! Their exclusive amplification system incorporates six independent saddles on the bridge. The higher-end Admira A20, with all solid woods, is still very accessible at around $750. Perhaps what sets this guitar apart the most from the much more affordable Orchestra model is the enhanced appearance. Read more about Narayan. Not only was great attention given to the sound of this instrument, but much love went into its appearance as well. Brand New. For more advanced players, I have a review of the Alhambra 7P I have one myself, by the way (its a great guitar!). The factory craftsmen themselves describe their workshop as a place where time stands still. Between the choice of tonewoods and the fan bracing of the instrument, Crdoba has created a truly unique guitar that is sure to light up the room. Where are Almansa guitars made? Click here for price Premium Quality Cordoba Dolce 7/8 Traditional design with a modern flourish Premium tonewoods Built-in truss rod. The smaller body strikes an impressive balance between clarity, warmth, projection, and resonance. All are made in Spain and sold in over 70 countries. Although it took quite a while to settle on the right strings for the R4 to get the colour palate, I was looking for ( pro-art carbon). One of our nicest classical guitars, the 45CO is constructed with stunning cocobolo back and sides. Your email address will not be published. One of my current guitars is an Amalio Burguet Concert 1A, which I bought from their factory while on holiday in Spain. Free shipping for many products! And finally, the granddaddy of them all: the famous, most esteemed Jose Ramirez guitars. I never had the time before but Ive always wanted to play the classical guitar. It also features a unique and intricately-designed rosette with mother-of-pearl inlay. by Stephen Kenyon Thursday 30 June 2016, 14:48 pm, Post 5.0 5.0 out of 5 stars (4) $ 1,399. Founded in 1997, Cordoba seeks to guide the evolution of the nylon string guitar, blending traditional craftsmanship of the early master luthiers with modern developments. Which Crdoba classical guitar is your favorite? Varying from 1/4 to full size and with many color, tonewood, style and cutaway/electric options, your dream nylon string guitar is just a click away. Their range includes classical and flamenco guitars, student guitars, concert guitars, and cutaway and electro-acoustic guitars. Stunning models like the ones in this article have helped Crdoba accomplish this exciting mission. Cordoba Luthier C10 Parlor Classical Guitar. But then, neither are they an Asian powerhouse, churning out hundreds of instruments in a day. Solista Flamenca June 26, 2017 Traditional flamenco guitar. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Sort by. If you are looking for a guitar with a classic Spanish sound, look no further than the Crdoba Rodriguez. I have two Cordoba guitars - a Chinese-made C-12 and a Spanish made FCWE. It has a solid cedar top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, and a 12-fret cedar neck. The C-10 also seems to be built lighter than the Solista and the neck is much more comfortable for me to play. Prudencio Saez is an important Spanish distributor of Spanish handcrafted instruments and has been on the market since 1963. $6,000.00. Is Cordoba a good classical guitar brand? Condition: Used. A relatively newer model the SPR is meant to be a bridge between student guitars and luthier level guitars. Didn't keep the C12 long for that reason. Id recommend any Burguet model, come to think of it. 2022 Andres Dominguez Guerrero concert flamenco guitar. Whether you play classical music, play flamenco, or just want to add a classical guitar to your musical arsenal, Cordoba guitars are an excellent option. Made In Spain All Options. Today, "Geno Likes" the Cordoba Espaa Series Nylon String Guitars! Varying from 1/4 to full size and with many color, tonewood, style and cutaway/electric options, your dream nylon string guitar is just a click away. The Solista is a truly stunning instrument. Cordobas Espaa Series is handmade in Valencia and Barcelona while the Iberia, Fusion, Luthier, and Protege Series as well as all ukuleles are handmade in China. Yamaha F335 vs. FG800: Which Acoustic Guitar Model Is Better? Cordoba GK Pro Negra - Best for Experts. Most stunning is the colorful all wood rosette with a design very fitting for a Spanish guitar. The mid-level 3Z model is priced around the $1,000 mark. But nonetheless, there is some really nice work coming out of China these days and the C-12 is a good example. If youre thinking of a website to showcase your music or for your guitar/music society, Id be happy to help. Where is Cordoba C9 made? Cordoba's 45 Limited is a nylon-string acoustic guitar masterpiece crafted from breathtakingly beautiful tonewoods. The main headquarters and factory is located in Oxnard, California where the Cordoba Master Series is hand-crafted. In the interest of those folks who may be curious about really high-end classical guitars with the stamp of both Luthier-made as well as Made in Spain, heres a very brief listing of brands that should be mentioned. The Crdoba Torres was designed to honor a legendary guitar maker of the 19th century. Both Yamaha and Cordoba make 3/4 size and 1/2 size guitars for children (and adults with small hands.) The 45 Limited is part of Cordoba's Espana series of guitars that are made in the traditional fashion in Spain. Well, those that want to use an original Flamenco guitar will find this product an impressive selection. Acoustic Guitar Electric Guitar Lute All Types. Hereof, is Crdoba A Spanish guitar? The Cordoba C7 features a solid Canadian Cedar or European Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides. Whether you play classical music, play flamenco, or just want to add a classical guitar to your musical arsenal, Cordoba guitars are an excellent option. Those prices must be 20 years old, at least. The main headquarters and factory is located in Oxnard, California where the Cordoba Master Series is hand-crafted. They are good early guitars offering great value for money. by AndreiKrylov Thursday 30 June 2016, 15:11 pm, Post He retired from making guitars in 2008, so you will find it difficult to procure one of them now. Raimundo Guitars make classical, flamenco and acoustic guitars of every grade, from student models to top of the range concert guitars. This can be compared with a Camps SP6 (similar top and back and sides and price range) in a buying decision. They are a US brand, perhaps most synonymous with guitars (and Spanish guitars in particular) who have a range of instruments on their shelves. The vast majority of each guitar is built and finished by hand. A solid western red cedar top projects a warm clear tone. It sells in over 40 countries the whole range from beginner instruments to pro quality guitars. Another Crdoba classical guitar made in Spain, the Solista is an elegant handmade instrument built for the refined musician. Torres guitars even influenced many steel string guitar designs. Herein, are flamenco guitars easier to play? In addition to its ease of playability and quality tone, the C9 Parlor model is a very attractive guitar to look at. link to Savarez Classical Guitar Strings Explained, Almansa: High quality from a smaller outfit, Camps: Great choice for intermediate level, Esteve, a traditional range of affordable quality, full review of the popular Alhambra 5P model. He pays special attention to the selection of woods from different origins and natures, as also the essential drying process of wood. From their affordable, quality instruments to their stunning, high-end models, Crdoba guitars have earned a reputation of excellence among classical guitarists. Add to cart. It is a popular student model for sweet trebles and a firm bass, great tone and projection. I have been to their factory two months earlier for a test and I ordered this guitar "face to face". I currently own a C-10 and a GK Pro Negra. From the rich color of the wood to the eye-catching Rosette with a Pearloid Esteso Weave Pattern, this classical guitar was built to shine. Add to Watchlist. $9.99 + $40.99 shipping. Buy It Now. Ive personally owned the 7P and Amalio Burguet 1A, both excellent build and sound (tried other AM models too but not the 2M). Crdoba guitars are designed in the Spanish tradition resonant, lightweight and handmade. At their workshop off Valencia in Spain, Raimundo produce over 12,000 instruments a year, almost all of which are exported to countries across the globe. Its plastic nut and saddle should be probably replaced with bone, but that may not matter to many. The Cordoba C10 Parlor SP is a guitar that promises the . I recommend this model heartily to anyone who wants a reasonably priced (not cheap) and totally hand made classical guitar. So I bought a LaPatrie Concert instead. Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere. Year All Attributes. Here, craftsmen and craftswomen apply the traditional methods of guitar making that have been passed down to them through the generations. Savarez strings are an As a research fiend, I try and get to the bottom of things. Next, we come to what is likely our favorite Crdoba classical guitar: the Friederich model from the Luthier Select Series. So I can help you find a great guitar, an online course, lots of sheet music, some instructional books, and an accessory or three. Nevertheless the sound and playability shows that they know how to build guitars. The guitar's appearance and tone emanate from a strong-sounding European spruce top and black and white ebony back and . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Azahar Palo Santo 141 Classical Guitar (Made In Spain, with Voyager Hard Case) at the best online prices at eBay! Like with many Spanish makers, Almansa combines traditional skills with modern production methods to make factory-built, handmade guitars. Today, classical guitars are made all over the world. Although it was difficult to narrow down the list, below are our 9 favorite Crdoba classical guitars. Dave - Agreed. The headstock of my FF shows a few sawing marks (!) For children under 8 years of age especially, the 1/2 size guitar is generally considered a perfect starter instrument. the chinese and spanish economies seem so different, as does their history of luthiery. And the 45CO is not lacking in aesthetics either. 8) Prudencio Saez PS-22-S Flamenco Guitar. Few names are as important in guitar history as Antonio de Torres. If you are looking for a quality classical guitar for under $1,000, look no further than the Crdoba Orchestra CE. Cordoba Luthier C9 Spruce Top Classical Guitar with Cordoba Polyfoam Case. The step-up model 33 is about $600. by da23will Thursday 30 June 2016, 03:30 am, Post Price: US $730.99. 00. The C3M is a full-sized, handcrafted classical guitar. It is a flamenco guitar made in Spain which has a body constructed . Not only does this guitar resemble the exemplary sound of Estesos instruments, its appearance is designed to honor the premier luthiers craftsmanship. For a beginner model, I have a review of the Alhambra 1C model. It is built with a solid cedar top, mahogany back and sides, and traditional Spanish fan bracing. They use materials like carbon fiber, modern varnishes and adhesives, and adjustable titanium ribs. Cordoba's Espaa Series is handmade in Valencia and Barcelona while the Iberia, Fusion, Luthier, and Protege Series as well as all ukuleles are handmade in China. Ramirez guitars are expensive? This was one of the models that was in my shortlist on my Spain visit (before I finally settled on the Amalio Burguet 1A. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cordoba's Espaa Series is handmade in Valencia and Barcelona while the Iberia, Fusion, Luthier, and Protege Series as well as all ukuleles are handmade in China. Another stunning guitar in the prestigious Luthier Select Series, the Crdoba Esteso was designed in honor of Domingo Esteso, one of the most renowned Spanish luthiers of the 20th century. The Solista comes with either a Canadian cedar top or a European spruce top. The main headquarters and factory is located in Oxnard, California where the Cordoba Master Series is hand-crafted. Its smaller body size makes it easier to play without compromising on sound quality. Fishman Prefix ProBlend electronics. If you end up choosing one and its a great choice! Manuel Ramrez, Jos's brother, joined the taller but eventually split to open a competing shop. Product Overview. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Guitar Cordoba Solista CD/IN handcrafted in Spain at the best online prices at eBay! . Thanks David for sharing your experience. This is the classical counterpart to the flamenco FCWE model and retailed for over $1000. Alhambra Guitars. I have to say that it is refreshing to have a thread on this subject garner nearly 10 posts without a single use of the term "slave labor.". Just finished the website for concert guitarist Colin Davin (www.colindavin.com). The guitars are built by hand and have many of the qualities one might expect from luthier made guitars. The Alhambra 7P is an all solid wood classical guitar that is a serious step up for an intermediate guitarist. In 711 Crdoba was captured and largely destroyed by the Muslims. Cordoba brand guitars Made in Spain: (4 real serial numbers posted below) 3110814, 3140591, 3150035, 3150159 It looks like: 7 digit serial number, always starts with 3 = Spain, 11 or 14 of 15 is manufacturing year, the last 4 digits are the running numbers for a max of 9,999 guitars per year from Spain. Read it if you want to know more about this model. Do you know the value of this guitar. One of the original models of the Iberia series, the C5 is a full size acoustic nylon-string guitar with a solid Canadian cedar top, mahogany back and sides, and a rosewood fingerboard. Its a pretty loud guitar and very easy to play. But most eye-catching is the intricate wood rosette, designed with red and black colors that truly pop and complete this instruments truly unique appearance. The Prudencio Saez 28 is a well-regarded model with a spruce top and solid Indian rosewood for back and sides. 1970s Antonio Dotras Cordoba classical guitar hand made in Barcelona, Spain. And, of course, there are also the manufacturer websites for detailed product information. Top: Solid Spruce; Back + Sides : Rosewood Golpeador ; Made in Spain; This is the perfect guitar for people who want to change their flamenco guitar for a more advanced model at around 1,000$. reply; Re . Picado makes his own line of guitars and manufactures for other luthiers like Otto Vowinkel. You get well crafted instruments at a great price: which can vary from about $350 for a novice guitar to $3500 for their top of the line Luthier India variant. Buy Now On Sale. It's a GK Pro blanco, all-solid flamenco made in China, from their Luthier series (top of the line Chinese constructed). They are certainly no mass-produced guitars. For me the 7P was superior in fit, finish and sound. Always good to hear from the perspective of an actual owner and player. What makes this guitar worth paying well over $5,000 for, versus less than $1,000 for the Orchestra model? These premium classical guitars are designed as tributes to the work of premier luthiers throughout history. The C3M also has a hand-inlaid wooden rosette, a rosewood fingerboard, and nickel-plated tuning machines with pearl buttons. small body classical guitar . Although Crdoba makes many instruments, including ukuleles and even nylon-string electric guitars, they are highly respected for their classical and flamenco guitars. Having a couple of Ramirez guitars is always a nice thing . The ADM200 Alba model is aimed at the complete beginner. Free shipping for many products! Established in 1965, with 50 years of experience in the construction of the best handmade classical, flamenco and steel string guitars in the world.