However, Raycole was notably absent from Season 2. They married after spending two months as an engaged couple. }) Meagan Good is not having an affair with anyone presently. It's reasonable to say when we think of quintessential sitcom dads from the early '00s, Damon Wayans' character Michael Kyle is one of the first who pops to mind. Thats a pretty damning allegation, because theyre essentially accusing you of being ashamed of your Blackness. And she starred in the recent Freeform holiday movie Ghosting: The Spirit of Christmas. And hes a lovely guy so I think he just believed it based on the myth, and the general perception around Hollywood. I definitely trusted friendships, but in relationships, I never trusted a guy to the point where he would have the power to hurt me. Talking about Meagans education history, she attended the San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts. According to The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable Shows, producers recast the role of Claire after Jazzs mother objected to a storyline in which one of Claires friends becomes pregnant. It was a full-on assault, and it went on for yearswhen I got dressed up for Halloween, or for any event. I think that conversation has shifted over time but not dramatically. The royal exit ultimately spawned a vituperative response from Meghans internet haters, and commentators wondered if she had driven a wedge between Harry and his family. He's a genius on the piano and incredibly mature for his age, often seen giving the entire family relationship and even career advice. They discover Vanessa is pregnant, and Junior must tell his less-than-enthused parents. In the same year, she also appeared in five episodes of the third season of the ABC television show My Wife and Kids. Contribute to Atlanta Black Star today and help us share our narratives. Alicia came out the least scathed but had to undergo a lot of surgeries and trauma. Jay's patience is tested by the quirky shenanigans that her children and husband get up to, which allows the audience to relate to her. And a lot of things that the film explores are not just Black womens experiences, but I think its unique that you get to see it through their lenswomen not being able to have babies, women not sure if they want to be a mother, women dealing with addiction and its not a drug you go buy off the street. }); All Rights Reserved. How did that affect you growing up? Her birth sign is Leo. How long did it take for you to make this? In their joint statement the couple said the separation was the next best chapter in the evolution of our love, which only fueled more questions for those perplexed by the seemingly amicable split. Joachima died instantly; Gina died later that night; Jessica, the little girl, was put on life support and died about a week later; and Barbara had really bad brain damage. Meagan is active on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, she has around 5.2M followers on her Facebook. That was a precursor. This may have something to do with the fact that it was in his parents bed and not his own. eventAction: 'view' And it's likely because of this that he chose not to have any holiday events showcased in his show. If you read those interviews, I would always talk about Jesus but I dont think people took notice of it until DeVon and I got together, because hes a preacher and talking about my journey with celibacy blew up that conversation. hitType: 'event', In the year 2003, she landed roles in several movies such as the action-drama Biker Boyz, and the romantic-comedy Deliver Us from Eva. Jay is Vanessas mother-in-law as of "The Wedding". As Franklin expertly plays the piano, Aretha expertly sings together, the duo is Aretha Franklin. Thats what happens when you let your guard down. Its something that I had to work with when I met my husband, because my guard was way up. hitType: 'event', Whereas, from 1998 to 2001, she starred as Nina on Nickelodeons hit show Cousin Skeeter. You know, theres a scene in If Not Now, When? that I wanted to ask you about. }); A post shared by Jazz Raycole (@jraycole), In a 2012 interview with PSLOVECHARLI, Jazz said that it was her 2004 episode of SVU filmed around the time that she was 15 that solidified her acting ambition. Although it was both Vanessa and Junior's first time. For example, in 2002, he was seen playing with the New England Youth Chamber ensemble at the Crystal Cathedral (watch via YouTube). A common staple for most family sitcoms is holiday episodes. Notifications can be turned off anytime from browser settings. That's exactly what actor Andrew McFarlane did in the series. Grandmother with dementia died from face wound neglected by staff for days. The issue was that it was dysfunctional, and emotionally abusive, and like two planets colliding in a way that wasnt good for my mental and emotional health. People then shifted to, Oh, she has a lot of depth. Since graduating from Northern Arizona University with a dual major in journalism and photography, he got his professional start at OUT Magazine, The Advocate and Teen Vogue, and he's since consistently kept his finger on the pulse of the LGBTQ community. I think its a cult classic. We are also extremely thankful to God for the testimony being created inside us both and for blessing our lives with each other. Her birth name is Meagan Monique Good, and she is currently 40 years old. It's sad but it's been a long time coming. Still, the Hollywood couples decision to throw in the towel was anything but a surprise to fans who speculated trouble in paradise leading up to the announcement of their split. Directed by Tisha Campbell, the 26th episode of Season 5 ends with Michael and Jay discovering that she is unexpected pregnant. ga('ads.send', { CNN Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, who coauthored a relationship book, are ending their marriage. This February, Deadline announced that Jazz will play Izzy in the upcoming Netflix seriesThe Lincoln Lawyer. for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle A big casting change occurred in Season 2 when audiences noticed that Jennifer Freeman had taken over asthe middle child and eldest daughter, Claire. Longtime couple actress Meagan Good and her pastor husband DeVon Franklin have ended their marriage. Sign up to receive The Atlanta Black Star Newsletter in your inbox. The Panorama native joined the cast of My Wife and Kids in season three. Vanessa gets bigger and bigger every day. Weve had Waiting to Exhale and Set It Off. And while she may now be known for starring in a successful teen series, it was this family sitcom that really introduced her to the world of acting. Claire Kyle is the middle child of parents Michael and Janet "Jay" Kyle. Are yall still friends? Franklin, 43, surprisingly responded with, Man, thats the love of my life.. eventAction: 'click_adunit' People try to make excuses and say, Well, thats because it was a Marvel movie. No. Meagan Good Would Like Everyone to Shut Up About How She Looks: I Love Being a Black Woman IN CONVERSATION Taylor Jewell/AP The actress opens up about her eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), This is likely why the show ends on a cliffhanger episode. Claire and Vanessa do get along but are rarely shown interacting with each other, unless it's with other people in the room in a situation. Good dated rapper 50 Cent for three years from April 2001 to March 2004. For months fans took notice of Good being photographed without her wedding ring and the couples lack of joint photos being shared to social media. Its because we havent had the opportunity to do something like that. They met on the sets of the film Jumping The Broom in 2011. Maegan Good and DeVon Franklin are calling it quits after nine years of marriage. The Los Angeles native graduated from the University of Southern California and has appeared on Extra!, The Talk, Access Hollywood and Good Morning America. And the show even acknowledged the recasting in a line of dialogue: In one scene, Michael observes that theres something different about Claire. Therefore, she has also appeared in numerous music videos by famous artists such as 50 Cent, Imajin, Lil Johnny, Memphis Bleek, Tyrese, and Will Smith. As it has happened as the couple is in the process of finalizing their divorce. There's no one at fault, we believe this is the next best chapter in the evolution of our love," their statement continued. The two announced the news on social media. } Offers may be subject to change without notice. She is Junior's new girlfriend, and Junior's one smitten kitten. There was a rumor that Meagan Goodslept with Jamie Foxx, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, and Nick Cannon. Talking about her profession, she began her acting career around the age of four. I was that person. Maegan Good and DeVon Franklin are calling it quits after nine years of marriage. (Hulu tweeted back that same day, asking, Is it working?). Michael and Vanessa got on very well the very first time they met, unlike Jay, Michael wasn't faking liking her the first time they met, however his fondness of her was quickly swept away when him and Jay came back early from an Opera Show to find Junior and Vanessa in their bed, after having sex. We Don't See Him Much Anymore. She was first mentioned in "Blackout" by Junior, but is first introduced as Junior's second girlfriend (after Valerie), in "Jr.'s Risky Business: Part 1" however Jay does not trust her, yet Michael does, but not completely. In 2004, she worked in the action flick D.E.B.S., alongside Jordana Brewster, Sara Foster, and Jill Ritchie. As a young woman, when I got to about 20 or 21, people still thought I was 16 years old. Although he did take a step back from the religion for a few years, he later returned to the faith (via YouTube). Around 1.62M followers on her Twitter. One that comes to mind immediately I dont want to say, because I was ultimately the lead in a film that he produced, but it was about nine years later. Let's take a look at some untold truths about "My Wife and Kids" that are sure to surprise even the biggest fans of this wonderful family sitcom. } By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Oh my God. In the show, her son Junior is portrayed by actor George Gore II. However, he isn't introduced until Season 3, Episode 11, "Jay the Artist." eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), pg.acq.push(function() { No one will ever control what I do or how I do it; it will always be spirit-led, and how I feel God feels about it. They are shown interacting with each other multiple times. The producers wanted a different thing, they wanted someone a little bit older. The ladies pre-taped Fridays show after McCain made the announcement. Copyright 2023 Distractify. In that respect, Franklin has a little bit in common with Steve Urkel,minus any catchphrases as iconic as, "Did I do that?". "When they did have time in their schedules, it'd often just be hours that they would be able to spend quality time together.". window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { eventAction: 'render' And the rest is history. Its part of your experience as a young womantrying to be seenand its unfortunate, because you see the outgrowth of that now on social media with young women. Cookies help us deliver our Services. "Will has been a mentor and a friend, and has been very helpful to me in terms of helping me do the work that I need to do as a man -- to be a better man, to be a better husband and getting that work and getting that therapy," he said at the time. She received nominations for the Black Movie Awards and Teen Choice Awards for her role in the drama-action film Waist Deep (2006). I thought, I can be bitter, or I can be better, and I can accept that when I accomplish something, I havent been given a damn thing. Im glad that perceptions getting blown up. DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good attend the 91st Annual Academy Awards Governors Ball at Hollywood and Highland on February 24, 2019, in Hollywood, California. Im curious what sort of feedback you were getting when you tried to pitch the project around town? In "The Wedding", she became Junior's wife. But their plan failed when Junior and Vanessa dropped the bomb that Vanessa was pregnant with Junior's child, being Jay and Michael's grandchild. More than a decade and a half after it left ABC airwaves, the 2000s-era sitcom My Wife and Kids is finally streaming, and fans are rejoicing. And while the show was never the most popular of its time, it has aged favorably, with many viewers now discovering and enjoying everything the Kyle family has to offer (via Reddit). & 2023 CBS Studios Inc. and CBS Interactive Inc., Paramount companies. Initially, the young love fills Michael with disdain and disgust, but his feelings on the matter also change over time. Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin's split may not have been a surprise to those who knew them. Everything Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin Said About Their Relationship: 'Marriage Is Work, Every Day', Meagan Good Says Whoopi Goldberg Was 'Instrumental' and 'Eye-Opening' as She Split from Husband of 10 Years, DeVon Franklin Reflects on 'Painful' Reality of Living in the 'I Don't' After Split from Meagan Good, Meagan Good Reflects on Year of 'Transitions' amid Divorce: 'Going to Take a Beat for Myself', 'Harlem' Star Meagan Good and Husband DeVon Franklin to Divorce After 9 Years of Marriage, Meagan Good's Ex DeVon Franklin Says He's 'Fully in Pain and Peace' After Split, Meagan Good Says She's Still 'Hopeful for the Future' After 'Painful' Divorce from DeVon Franklin, Meagan Good Says Halle Berry Showed Her 'Support and Love' amid Divorce, Avril Lavigne's Dating History: From Brody Jenner to Mod Sun, Kendall Jenner's Dating History: From Harry Styles to Bad Bunny, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's Relationship Timeline, Gisele Bndchen Steps Out in Miami in Matching Spandex Set: She 'Loves' Working Again, Says Source, Who is Matt Lauer's Girlfriend? WebDuring the third season of My Wife and Kids actress Meagan Good joined the cast as Kyle Jr's girlfriend Vanessa Scott. We are also extremely thankful to God for the testimony being created inside us both and for blessing our lives with each other," they said in conclusion. According to CBC News,Gray-Cabey has been playing the piano since he was a mere 4 years old, however it took him years before he was ever able to read sheet music. They gotta want it though., Some People Are Not Going to Get It, and Thats OK: Meagan Good Says She Relates to Chloe Baileys Backlash for Sexy Photos, Heres Everything We Know About Nene Leakes New Boo, Fashion Designer Nyonisela Sioh, Youve Just Got to Go for It Actually: Michael B. Jordan Gets Real About Filming His First Nude Scene. However, once Season 4 came around, audiences noticed that Good had left the show and Vanessa had been recast. ", "Their work schedules often kept them apart, and they just haven't been spending a lot of time together this past year," the source says. During 2011, she appeared in a number of films including the romantic comedy 35 & Ticking and Jumping the Broom. Its the opening sequence, where the girls are in high school and trying to convince the star basketball player to go to prom with one of them, so they begrudgingly don skimpy outfits and perform a dance to a hip-hop track. She was married to DeVon Franklin for 9 years. hitType: 'event', All About Shamin Abas, DeVon Franklin Advises Couples to 'Resist the Temptation to Place Blame' After Divorce from Meagan Good, Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes Step Out Together in Miami, T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach 'Spent the Holidays Together' and Are 'Not Hiding Anything,' Says Source, Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes' Relationship Is 'Stronger Than Ever' as They Await ABC's Investigation Results.