Something does not work as expected? If you are in combat, you reroll your order in the initiative at the end of this round. When drunk, a creature gains a climbing speed equivalent to its walking speed for 1 hour and gains advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks made to climb. You cast fear in the direction youre facing. You gain 1d6x10 pounds. You are protected from Fiends for one hour. When a wild magic surge occurs, you roll a d100 on the wild magic surge table and see what happens next. 7. A d10 becomes a d8, then a d6, and then a d4. For the next minute, you can pass through any solid, non-magical wall that is 6 or fewer inches thick. If your DM leans in to the Wild Magic surges then you can definitely have a lot of fun playing one of these. Your hair falls out but grows back within 1 day. Mordenkainens Faithful Hound could remain a faithful servant or become as violent as a wild dog. The Chromatic Rose comes in five different colors: Black, Blue, Green, Red, and White. You recover all your expended spell slots. The weave, at its core, is a way of taming the raw and chaotic nature so that we can cast spells and use precise abilities. For the next hour, any spell you cast does not require a somatic component. Once they hit 14th level, they even get to exert a bit of control over the wild magic effects they can produce, rolling twice and choosing the effect thats more beneficial in their situation. You turn into a potted plant until the start of your next turn. Currently, we have seven such living spells in the sum of the 5e bestiary, and I imagine more are on the way. Foundry is a modernized, better-than replacement for Roll20, which prioritizes modding support. The power of your magic is strong! OoA. Any more haste, and you'll be stuck waiting for your barrage to cooldown after you've cast blast. 1 Charges. This increases 1st level spells from 5% to 10%, increasing the odds by 5% each level. An identify spell will reveal its true nature. You might have endured exposure to some form of raw magic, perhaps through a planar portal leading to Limbo, the Elemental Planes, or the mysterious Far Realm. on a random creature within 60 feet of you. You gain an additional spell slot of your highest level for 1 week. All silver you are carrying is now copper. You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice that you're not already proficient in for one hour. Your age changes by a number of years equal to the roll. When drunk, a creatures physical age is reduced by 1d6 + 6 years, to a minimum of 13 years. and our The invisibility ends if you attack or cast a spell. Spells. Roll on this table at the start of each of your turns for the next minute, rerolling this result on subsequent rolls. You immediately lose one unspent sorcery point. You glow with bright light in a 30-foot radius for the next minute. Areas of wild magic and characters with the ability to manipulate it are then much more similar to conduits than strange singularities. Failed Concentration: When a caster fails a concentration check, and thereby loses a spell, some of the spell's energy escapes in a wild magic surge.. Under the light of the day, you appear normal; by firelight or the light of the moon, you appear hideous (the other players decide how). You shrink 1d6 inches in height. The flock disappears 1 minute later. Most fights are easily won with Sleep anyway. You lose the ability to smell for 1 hour. If the roll is odd, you get younger (minimum 1 year old). During this time, you must succeed on a. Actually, its probably a bit more accurate to say that these are wells. Class Archetype - Wild Magic Wild Magic Surge - Level 1. 5-6. They vanish after 1 minute. Areas of wild magic are known for two things. When drunk, a creature can use its bonus action to exhale fire at a target within 30 feet. The DM chooses the damage type. Immediately gaining a multiclass level in cleric or warlock. Top 10 highest rating potions. Spells, then, can be thought of as ways of tapping into that Weave, connecting a spellcaster to it (sometimes via another conduit, like a warlocks patron) and shaping it into the desired form. During that time, other creatures can't hear you. Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, their respective logos, and all Wizards titles and characters are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. I'd argue a lot of the added effects seem to be negative. You might have endured exposure to some form of raw magic, perhaps through a planar portal leading to Limbo, the Elemental Planes, or the mysterious Far Realm. I really like this, but some of the things are a little weird. of yourself appears within 20 feet of you. So, with the idea in mind that wild magic can be so much more than the options contained within the sorcerer wild magic table (and that published 5e adventures explicitly give DMs permission to make up their own wild magic surge results), we thought wed take a crack at our own. Sight-based creatures gain a -1 penalty on attack rolls against you and, Mushrooms sprout around you in a 5-foot radius and vanish after 1 minute. You can take one additional action immediately. If they are a blue or grey shade, they turn dark brown, or vice versa. If you want to discuss contents of this page - this is the easiest way to do it. For the next minute, you can teleport up to 20 feet as part of your movement on each of your turns. Not tame (fireball and meteor shower decidedly arent that) but like its something thats understood. Beginning at 18th level, the harmful energy of your spells intensifies. You can't cast a spell from an item in beast form, nor use anything that requires speech or a body part that your beast form doesn't have. A deck of many things appears hovering in front of you expectantly, only visible and touchable by you. A spectral shield hovers near you for the next minute, granting you a +2 bonus to AC and immunity to the magic missile spell. Pixie Dust. Click here to edit contents of this page. How can you be under the effect of that for days? You fall victim to a horrible cramp in both legs, reducing your speed by 10 feet for 1 hour. Consuming this food deals 2d6 poison damage and causes the. It makes sense if you think about it. All your clothing and equipment teleports to the nearest open space at least 15 feet from you that you can see. Your clothes become dirty and filthy. You can picture this as a blast of arcane energy pouring out of these warriors hearts and unleashing a particularly nasty brand of chaos on the battlefield. Wild Magic Sorcerers have a special interaction with this rule. Shaking the bottle fails to interrupt this process. Spells are fickle things, so all of these effects should be used at a DMs discretion. It retains the chaotic randomness, but it tempers the serious results with adjusted probabilities. However, because we wanted some really genuinely bonkers options in here and because summoning cthulhu as the result of a botched Detect Thoughts spell kinda feels silly were also doing our own version of how to roll for a Wild Magic Surge. The next time you fall below 0 hit points within the next month, you automatically fail your first death saving throw. What about the wild magic barbarian though? You regain all expended sorcery points. For the next hour, any time you make an ability check, roll 1d4 and add the result. Your pants fall down. You have are surrounded by a spectral shield for 1 minute, giving you a +2 bonus to your AC and immunity to, For any spell that requires a saving throw you cast within the next minute, the target gains. Instead, they simply talk about an ability to access the raw forces of magic. You transform into a stone statue of yourself for 1 minute, during which time you are considered. Most players dont like unpredictability. You transform into an empty wooden chest for 1 minute, during which time you are considered. You permanently gain one spell slot of one level below your highest-level spell slot, but lose one 1st-level spell slot. So, what are you waiting for? Any creature that ends its turn within 5 feet of you is blinded until the end of its next turn. You gain, You are protected from Aberrations for 1 day. You gain a +2 bonus to your AC for 1 minute. The bottom of the pit magically rises upward 1 minute later, leaving no trace of the pit. When magic malfunctions, when the weave unravels, and wild magic seeps into the material plane, the result is known as a wild magic surge. You become poisoned until you use your action to make a DC 12 Constitution check. You become extremely physically ugly for 1d4 hours, losing 2 points of CHA. During this time, ranged attacks that target you bounce off and target other random creatures within 30 feet of you instead. If you fall within the next day, you automatically have the benefit of the. For the next minute, you must shout when you speak. If you are not wearing pants, you instead fall prone. However a mage accesses their magic, both sources (in the Forgotten Realms at least) tap into a deeper, underlying layer of energy known as The Weave. Magic in the world of Dungeons & Dragons takes many forms, but it almost always boils down to the ability of an individual, item, or entity to harness the ambient energy of the universe and bend it to their will. Whenever you try, pink bubbles float out of your mouth. You get gain a -1 penalty to your AC for 1 minute. Anyone within 10 feet of you must make a. In this instance, you guessed it, its the wild forces of chaos that underlie the order of creation.. You immediately take 1d10 radiant damage. Creature gains the effect of the etherealness spell for 1 hour. Perhaps you were blessed by a powerful fey creature or marked by a demon. At 14th level, you gain a modicum of control over the surges of your wild magic. Roll a d10. You are surrounded by faint, ethereal music for the next minute. Your innate magic comes from the wild forces of chaos that underlie the order of creation. Its easy to imagine the weave as an exceedingly complex system of pipes. If you die within the next minute, you come back to life as if by the. For the next day, your skin tone changes color every 30 minutes, cycling through the colors of the rainbow. You gradually return to your original weight over the course of 1 day. On a success, you vomit and the effect ends. You are resistant to all damage types for 1 minute. Out of the Abyss. Roll a d10. The point of this isnt just for your players to have fun; its for you to flex your DM muscles and experience a bit more chaos at the table than you might be used to. Enshrouded objects are considered, You are protected from Undead for 1 day. Also, you may be wondering just what the hell a sentient spell even is. For the next minute, any flammable object you touch that isnt being worn or carried by another creature bursts into flame. The different grades of healing potions heal for . You grow a beard made of feathers, which remains until you sneeze. Each creature within 30 feet of you takes 1d10 necrotic damage. The rules are unchanged. Then, whenever you are being deceptive, you have a mild fit of hiccups. The flock disappears 1 minute later. A creature can break the ropes by dealing 5 slashing or fire damage to them or by succeeding on a DC 11 (Strength) Athletics check. A spell such as. You sprout tiny fairy wings from your shoulders. All allies within 20 feet of you get gain a -2 penalty on attack and damage rolls for any melee attack they make in the next minute. I copy and pasted it and just made a few tweaks to fit my style, but overall it is a fantastic list, thank you! For the next minute, all your spells with a casting time of 1 action have a casting time of 1 bonus action. I played my first tabletop RPG (Pathfinder 1e, specifically) in college. You can read our full breakdown of the schools of magic, as well as the history of magic in Dungeons & Dragons here. The vial has enough oil to cover a medium or smaller creature; 10 minutes to apply. The vial has enough oil to cover a medium or smaller creature; 10 minutes to apply. 2. A tiny rain cloud appears above your head and rains in a 5-foot radius centered on you for the next minute. Teleport up to 60 feet away to unoccupied space. For the next minute, you regain 5 hit points at the start of each of your turns. See pages that link to and include this page. The wild magic that permeates the city of Gnomengarde in The Dragon of Icespire Peak is significantly less dangerous (you might turn blue, sprout fairy wings, or experience another whimsical effect of the GMs invention which is an important precedent) than the one in Hazlan, the magically misaligned domain of dread in Ravenloft. Your size increases by one size category for the next minute. A caster teleports 25 ft. to the left of their location. For the next minute, you regain 5 hit points at the start of each of your turns. You are frightened by the nearest creature until the end of your next turn. until 1d4 rounds later. Your feet sink into the ground, making you completely immobile for one minute. 34. Transported to Astral Plane until end of next turn. You are protected from Plants for 1 day. You are under the effect of a. spell until they disappear after 1d8 days. Ornithopter of Flying. Click here to edit contents of this page. Mythic Odysseys of Theros. A spell such as. You go back to your regular bodies at the end of your next turn, if the body is still alive. Wild magic is an optional add-on to the magic system that modifies existing arcane magic in random ways. Of course, it mightve just had something to do with barbarians being known for easier gameplay, and making another d100 table couldve been a bit over the top. During that time, you have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight. As barbarians are fueled by their intense emotions, mainly rage, they make an excellent conduit for these unchecked abilities. You are vulnerable to Fey for 1 hour. LMP. A unicorn controlled by the DM appears in a space within 5 feet of you, then disappears 1 minute later. Until you do, your, For the next minute, every creature within 60 feet of you that hears you speak only hears insults as if you are casting. You become invisible for the next minute. Check out my magic items! The sorcerer, for example, says that you might have received your abilities from exposure to some form of raw magic, like a planar portal or the Elemental Chaos. A random creature within 30 feet of you gains a flying speed equal to its walking speed for 1 minute. 55. This represents the Wild Magic building inside you. It can duplicate the effect of a spell of up to 3rd level that has a casting time of less than 1 minute. These options are significantly weirder and more dangerous than those found on the standard wild magic table. But overall I think this is an awesome list. What happened to the spell I tried to cast? You gradually return to your original weight over the course of 1 day. 903. See pages that link to and include this page. During this time, casting a spell that requires a verbal component requires a, Permanently increase one ability score of your choice by 1 point. A gentle gust of wind blows outward from you. If the roll is odd, you shrink. You are protected from Beasts for 1 hour. One random gem worth 100gp appears near you. 905. You have the irresistible urge to scratch an itch in the middle your back, just out of reach, for 1 minute. They can continue doing this until they are happy with the result or they roll 10d10. You let out a loud, thunderous belch that replicates the effect of a 1st-level, Up to 3 corpses within 30 feet of you rise as. I currently copy-and-paste line by line to make my own rollable macro in Roll20 (but it's such a pain)Here's my extended Wild Magic Table but I think I'll be incorporating some of the original poster's material :) I didn't think about balancing which was a good comment above but I did try to think of neutral magical effects that could happen but kept it slightly more generic to allow the DM to improvise. For 1 minute, you gain resistance to nonmagical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. Such creatures cannot attack you or harm you unless they succeed on a, You are protected from Undead for one hour. Here's a list of d100 random magical effects you can use in your fantasy tabletop campaign. Permanently decrease a different ability score of your choice by 1 point. Like I'm playing a wizard, the effect of 1d4 of my fingers migrating from one hand to another disables being able to use somatic spell . You cant speak for the next minute. Perhaps a backfiring healing spell actually heals an enemy. All creatures within 30 feet of you must make a. You are frightened by the nearest creature until the end of your next turn. 0904 Caster finds a potion that can instill zealous religious fervor . Its a subclass thats all about the unexpected, and I frequently find myself working wild magic into my campaigns in one form or another. Sure, in the past, there may have been wizards who studied the ways of wild magic and learned true mastery over its chaotic nature, but those wizards seemed to have vanished with the spellplague. You immediately take 2d10 psychic damage. Sell Price: 50. I had my doubts about Wild Magic at first, but its all gone now. When opening the vial to drink, the liquid is a glowing purple . A spell such as, All food and drink within 30 feet of you becomes putrid, spoiled, or rotten. In contrast, we have the characters who are as chaotic, if not more chaotic, than the powers that they wield. Creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against the next spell you cast in the next minute that involves a saving throw. 3-4. Your non-magical items change to fit your new form. You and all creatures within 30 feet of you gain vulnerability to slashing damage for 1 minute. While most sources would have you believe it is restrained to specific areas plagued by magical wars, this just isnt true. Every inanimate object that isn't being worn or carried within 40 feet of you becomes enshrouded with shadows for 1 minute. You can take one additional action immediately. It keeps the game fresh and exciting, and it helps lessen the insidious idea that Im here solely to curate an experience for my players. You feel lucky. You recover your lowest-level expended spell slot. Lets dive a bit deeper into the wild magic subclasses of sorcerer and barbarian to learn more about this fantastical phenomenon. The target must take 4d6 fire damage or succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw to halve the damage. The Chromatic Rose is a unique magic item. The Path of Wild Magic barbarian gets to roll on a very specific wild magic table unique to its subclass because the wild magic that its primal path is expressing is being channeled through a certain creature. For the next minute, all melee attacks you make with a non-magical weapon gain a +1 bonus to hit and to damage, and are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming resistances. Your innate magic comes from the wild forces of chaos that underlie the order of creation. Wikidot.com Terms of Service - what you can, what you should not etc. The effects of the potion occur immediately. The power of your magic is strong! During the next hour, you may re-roll any one save, attack roll, or skill check. When drunk, a creature takes 3d6 poison damage and must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned. For the next minute, you are unable to cast any spell that causes damage of any type. If you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage within the next minute, you gain resistance to that type of damage for 1 hour. Maybe a divination spell can be overcharged in a different way, allowing the caster to obtain answers far easier or to obtain more knowledge than normal. All allies within 20 feet of you heal up to 3d8 hit points. For the next minute, you can see any invisible creature if you have line of sight to it. 32. This is honestly a pretty fun spread of options that plays around in interesting ways with the sorcerer spell list. Perhaps you were blessed by a powerful fey creature or marked by a demon. All of your hair permanently falls out. For one minute you have resistance to all damage. Choose 1 permanent or triggered effect that has happened to you or somebody else that youve received from this chart and remove it, even if it was beneficial. If you drop to 0 hit points, your pot breaks, and your form reverts. You must spend more sorcery points each time. This actually tells us something pretty interesting about wild magic. It also will determine just how willing you are to unleash your powers and how often youll seek alternative solutions. The effect ends after exhaling fire 3 times, or after 1 hour. You gradually return to your original height over the course of 1 day. It defends itself if attacked, but it cannot speak and otherwise just looks around utterly confused. 77-78. Whenever a creature hits you with an attack roll before your rage ends, that creature takes 1d6 force damage as magic lashes out in retribution. That's very odd. Check out my blogfor homebrew D&D stuff and other projects! Iggwilv's Cauldron. This concept is great, but it basically just says that you have uncontrollable powers from some strange force. A column 1d10 feet high and 5 feet in diameter rises beneath your feet. You teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see. The spell fails to take effect. A spell such as. An herbalist can create potions for healing that are identical to the magical potions of health listed in the Dungeon Masters Guide.