Maybe some of the Gen Z'ers too. QUESTION: Dont did you have a conversation with him about that? MR. BUGLIOSI: I have here another photograph, Your Honor, showing a portion of a residence. QUESTION: Do you recall it being brisk, or did it appear to be a typical August evening? conversation, but could hear them talking? Both seem like he's embellishing. ANSWER: They would start to barking well, it would take about 6 seconds before the visitor would come to the door. Billy could've been a waiter or a bartender or a whatever if he had a problem with being a male prostitute. QUESTION: You didnt have a watch or clock? GreenWhite said: I think you have an eidetic memory, yes?No. MR. FITZGERALD: Your Honor and counsel, I have some matters that are properly beyond the scope of direct examination, but I think for convenience to the witness, I wonder if I might be allowed to take him as my witness? QUESTION: You were carrying something in your hand, right? I read this blog partly for insight and partly for entertainment. After Parent gave Garretson a ride back to the estate, the young caretaker thanked him and invited Parent to stop by anytime he was in the area. QUESTION: And you were questioned at that time, were you not? She was executed on March 20, 1899, at Sing Sing Correctional Facility for the murder of her stepdaughter Ida Place. "Of course, I also thought he didn't participate in that himself, he just gave orders. There's no way he could do that because of his personality and how nice he was. You think any young rubes who fell in way over their heads are heading home for good at the end of this month? Actually, I'm attempting to appear interesting. Hi, Beauders. I mean, conversation with other people. QUESTION: Well, Im not talking about any particular conversation. Warrington Monthly Meeting had been established in 1730 and many of the early meetings were held in the home of William Garretson, according to "Inventory of Church Archives" published by the Society of Friends. THE COURT: The motion is granted. While Charles Manson was commissioning the LaBianca murders to cover his tracks, it also led police to rule William out as a suspect, as the LaBianca murders occurred while he was in custody. Or maybe Lee Marvin. Garretson polygraph interview - "I used to have a '68 camaro when i lived in Ohio, but i sold it before i came out to california". QUESTION: And you hitchhiked back, right? We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. His room and board was covered as well. The larger dog. John Garretson born 7 Jan 1757, married 22 Apr 1778 in Menallen to Tamar Hammond born 10 Sep 1759 7. Btw, Washington Courthouse is pronounced, you guessed it, Warshington Courthouse. Late night parties did occur at the main house so it is entirely possible that Garretson did not fully understand what danger was occurring that night. If you find it again, please fill us in or put up a link.Whut. Or turn him out. ANSWER: No. Or computer by now. And she was a guest at the pool at Cielo. Derr described her ex-husband, who died in 2016, as a very good man, loving man, and cited those qualities as the reason she married him. And lest I forget. . However it may cause one to wonder why Bill set out for California with only $1.85 in his pocket if he sold the Camaro. These folks have a few homes on the property but this is the main one we're talking about. "My husband, I really don't think anybody in the area here, never gave him a chance of day," Linda Derr, Garretson's ex-wife, said. Were you on the couch at all during the night that you have been testifying about? But believe me, it has been done ! Blog veteran Panamint Patty touches on Watson and Stubbs briefly here in this lovely. The canyon (where most of the people reporting sounds were located) spread out before and beneath the crime scene, as I'm sure you've seen in pics. Howeverhe had the tendency (like many other people) to break away from the party/group and leave/go home/fall asleep in a closet, etcwhen he was WAY LOADED.We broke into 3 groups and, began to search for him in the co-op (nope) the nearby park, pub, benches (nope) and, we (were pretty loaded and loud) asked if we could get a few of the locals to accompany us as we ventured into the areas we were told to avoid at all costsWellI just happened to be in the search party group that eventually found Justinpassed out hard, in a narrow alley. ANSWER: The people that lived in the main house. QUESTION: About what time did he make a phone call? That leaves Kathleen's single remaining sister. They took me across. QUESTION: Will you please step down from the witness stand, sir, just temporarily, and indicate where in the living room the stereo was. THE COURT: Well, I think it may be a good objection, but it is premature. QUESTION: Later on in the early morning hours? QUESTION: And you heard nothing unusual or peculiar? . Luther became a minister shortly before he died at 33 years old. His father, William, died in 1792, and after that most . Mysteries. At 67 years old, William Garretson height not available right now. QUESTION: Did you hear Mr. Parent talking? Manson's plan seemingly backfired, and William was released. Casparus Garretson and his wife lived at Mill Creek Hundred, New Castle, De. All Rights Reserved. When questioned, Garretson said he was unaware of the murders until police burst into his bedroom and led him to the bloody bodies of Frokowski and Abigail Folger, lying on the lawn, and Steven Parent, slumped over the wheel of his car. Rudy Altobelli, hired a live-in caretaker named William Garretson to look after the property. QUESTION: You did not hear any shots or anything like that? I've been in that canyon more times that I care to remember. QUESTION: Another photograph of the living room, is that correct? There is a cement platform where you walk into the guest house. I submit to the Court that that impeaches his direct testimony and would seem to establish that the dogs he seemed on his direct examination to be unclear as to when he heard certain dogs barking. QUESTION: Did they leave during the night or did they stay with you inside the living room? Billy was about to turn twenty and return to the heartland when August 8th happened. Certainly getting busted could have been used as a lever to get Garretson to cooperate. QUESTION: Would you please relate the chronology of what happened that day? QUESTION: Do you recall if there were any lights inside the Polanskis residence? Derr described her ex-husband, who died in 2016, as a very good, loving man, and cited those qualities as the reason she married him. Donna Jean never gets no love. The two were connected by a rope hung over a rafter and looped around their necks. One of Kathleen's two sisters died at 20 years old from the flu. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOxfXLe8Y8p7RVwPUaHWtCgMy discussion will center on unique perspectives, research methodologies, and cognitive dissonance in the Manson study. How were people drinking jars of shine and smacking kids up around her? Husband of Helen Garretson. He made a phone call, though, before he left. His phone even. I'm probably just trying to say that Billy was most likely more ingratiated that many people believe. This person has not replied to me. THE COURT: I dont find anything inconsistent. QUESTION: Does this appear to be where you lived on the premises? Warrington Township. May it be marked Peoples 19 for identification? The Tate-LaBianca murders were a series of murders perpetrated by members of the Manson Family during August 8-10, 1969, in Los Angeles, California, United States, under the direction of Tex Watson and Charles Manson.The perpetrators killed six people on the night of August 8-9: pregnant actress Sharon Tate (whose unborn child died as a result) and her companions Jay Sebring, Abigail . I'm thinking about taking a road trip to Billy's grave this week, touching the headstone, and telling him I hope he's found some peace. QUESTION: Did you consider these dogs, bearing in mind your experience with them, as watchdogs of any sort? MR. STOVITZ: I will put a #1 on Exhibit B for identification. May it be marked Peoples 23 for identification? QUESTION: What time was it that you actually went to bed, went to sleep that is? The proof is shown but the bench is still all, "Haha no way fuck you, Fitzgerald. I've long thought my next door neighbor is related to Charlie somehow. If this concerns you click read more. Garretson wound up suing the city for false arrest, false imprisonment, invasion of privacy and violation of his Constitutional rights. QUESTION: Had you seen him on the premises? The attempt fails. The 2 Gypsy women offered the same kind of "hospitality" to ALL 5 OF US in exchange for his release! QUESTION: You have swam in the pool, havent you? The Real Housewives of Atlanta The Bachelor Sister Wives 90 Day Fiance Wife Swap The Amazing Race Australia Married at First Sight The Real Housewives of Dallas My 600-lb Life Last Week Tonight with John . QUESTION: Did you hear anything like that on the evening of the 8th or the early morning hours of the 9th? Garretson, a 1967 Lancaster High graduate, was 19 years old and working as a caretaker at actress Sharon Tate's home at the time of her murder, along with six others. "William Eston Garretson (born August 24, 1949) was the caretaker of the Polanski residence at the time of Sharon Tate's murder by the Charles Manson "Family". Indeed hitchhiking would be a great opportunity for a spontaneous adventure, and no doubt a fun time traveling across country. Content apart, I like GreenWhite's style. daughter. ANSWER: I know their name by Tom and Dave. Or even resemble it at times. Then three years later . Police tried to hold onto him for as long as possible as they had absolutely no other leads and he was the only person found alive on the premises. William Garretson was born on August 24, 1949 in Lancaster, Ohio, USA. QUESTION: You can hear the dogs when they bark outside, though, cant you? They have to be, in order to not give the jury time to focus on the question or the witness time to answer. We will update William Garretson's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as possible. MR. STOVITZ: With the permission of the Court, counsel stated we can mark that. Rudy A. seemed quit the creepy old queen, they are a dime a dozen - especially in LA.As for the comment on the sound from the murders being heard/not heard, have you ever lived or visited Benedict Canyon or one like it? ANSWER: From a distance maybe, but that would be all. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. son. On July 26, 1970, William Garretson, called as a witness by and on behalf of the People of the State of California v. Charles Manson. The guards see the driver on the camera walking out of the toilet. Brother Luther at this time is still in prison for being half of the world's worst criminal duo ever with Kathleen. Her employer, Gray Drug, was founded in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1912. Billy studies business and is on the wrestling team but absent from the team photo. ANSWER: 10:30, 11:00 oclock. Like Max Frost said, Billy's number was in the phone book forever. He had been robbed of his wallet, smokes, jacket, and his $15 pro diem! Or, nineteen year old Billy decides to hitch to California to see the country he thinks he'll be drafted to defend before it's too late. We don't have much information about He's past relationship and any previous engaged. This website uses cookies to personalize content, provide social media features, show advertisements and analyse traffic. Everything said about sex with another man is related to that one happenstance. Sherwin-Williams bought them out in 1982. William Garretson was born on August 24, 1949 in Lancaster, Ohio. QUESTION: Were you employed on the premises? DEATH TO PIGS and the misspelled HEALTER SKELTER were written in their blood on a wall and the refrigerator. In another amazing blunder by police, the two bloody murders were originally deemed to be unrelated and were investigated by separate homicide teams. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. He never should've gone out there. ANSWER: I couldnt hear the other people, no. MR. BUGLIOSI: That calls for a conclusion, Your Honor. You get into the porch, then the patio. I didnt wind them up. ANSWER: You had to push a button right before you get to the gate, it would be on the left side. QUESTION: You didnt find them to be barking any more night? He later married Linda Derr, and the pair had a son together. Had you seen his black Porsche there frequently? What if they drive you away to your doom? Just ask one. He was the only survivor of the slayings, and the attacks marred his life forever. MR. BUGLIOSI: Object, Your Honor, this is beyond the scope of the direct examination. QUESTION: So this shows a portion of the guest house, is that correct? ANSWER: Yes, there is. Los Angeles and its carnate representatives put the mind break on Billy from every angle. His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. Do you know what is shown in that photograph? Star, as I recall, Bill discussed the marijuana charge with LAPD during his interview, and just before the polygraph examination. There's no man hanging around to give Billy his name and then abandon him. So that meant drawing as much suspicion on witnesses as possible {so as to make it seem either that they were lying, had done illicit deals with LE, had something to hide or create the possibility that not all of the actual killers were on trial}, ask irrelevant questions. Garretson was a caretaker at 10050 Cielo Drive in Benedict Canyon, which, at the time, was being rented to director Roman Polanski, and his wife, actress Sharon Tate. I tried to find her but was unsuccessful. However long he was there, he surely needed practice and time to hone his skills. I don't have a link, but I have seen the transcript of the interview in a number of places. Something like that. Lovely digs. Someone from a Youtube channel called and asked Billy who he thought would win the Super Bowl one year and then uploaded his answer to the channel for some reason. QUESTION: Do you recall whether it was on #4 during the night? QUESTION: Try to speak up a little more loudly, sir. QUESTION: Did you ever use the pool in the vicinity of the main house? This was the first time I was able to clearly catch Charlie lyingWhat was Charlie lying about? He was likely a longtime sufferer of PTSD that he disastrously self-treated. His father's bones or ashes are somewhere else. Billy tells Bugliosi in courtthat he moved out of Cielo Dr. on August 9th. There was no GI Bill yet. QUESTION: In addition to caring for Mr. Altobellis dogs, did you have any other duties? His wife is granted the divorce on the grounds of gross neglect and extreme cruelty. Re: The Partisan, we're nearing the time of year when I play every version of Hallelujah I can find endlessly until New Year's. The following morning he was discovered in the guest house and quickly arrested on charges of suspicion of murder. May it be marked Peoples 22 for identification? ANSWER: I decided to go back to the guest cottage where I lived. QUESTION: Were you friendly with any of the gardeners? I must stress that these colleagues were all pretty much bottomless beer drinking pits. Scrolling through the labels along the right side of the blog reveals that this is the thirteenth time blog writers have mentioned Billy (and remembered to make a label). Billy, how'd you meet that mobster? The other guy can f himself forever. You might even have a story just like it to share with me in the comments. I heard voices but I could not tell where they were coming from. Sandymount Strand! He awoke to the sound of police activity, and learned of the murders when he saw the bodies of three of the victims on the grass outside the home. No one in my family attended college during the Depression. QUESTION: Well, if you were in another room of your guest house, could you have heard it? I never will. QUESTION: I show you Peoples 5 for identification, a photograph of a young boy and girl? View popular celebrities life details, birth signs and real ages. William had many. QUESTION: What was the nature of Mr. Parents visit to you? I went to the bedroom and got another phone and plugged it into the wall. Anti-establishment mindset. I noticed this at the same time I was reading Hillbilly Elegy recently. I figured because I had trouble with the phone I had trouble with the phone about a month prior. THE COURT: We still have 2 or 3 minutes, if you wish to start, Mr. Fitzgerald? If you're wondering, I solve the mystery behind August 8th today, so make sure you read through until the end! I want to pick up the phone while Billy's leaving his message to Max and breathlessly exclaim, "I'm here! Their son was born with a heart condition and he ended up dying after his third open-heart surgery. Charles Manson and Watson had been on that property prior. Kids from Lancaster are tough. I never heard of a single religious grandmother who'd be down with all that, especially not a Protestant. QUESTION: When you heard the dogs Christopher bark 2 or 3 hours after Steven Parent left, was it your state of mind that a guest was arriving on the premises? He claimed that he didn't know whether he had or not, that the person he had hiked out to LA with, told him that some guy had shone his tings while he was crashed out. He is a member of famous Actor with the age 67 years old group. QUESTION: Looking at the photograph, do you have any impression as to where the photograph was taken from? One I would have liked to ask Bill would be one that G&W has echoed here. Even if you stand firm in other beliefs, it's interesting that we might have a block of missing time in Billy's California life as told in the narrative. I bet he loved how young you looked and your wrestler body. If you can believe it, six people lived in my town when I was born. Pete - Funny and succinct. I'd say, "Gimme the straight dope, Billy. While I've never considered myself a Charlie apologist, I've often defended him based on my perception of his childhood. Blanchard found an unexpected ally in William Garretson, who had been the teenage caretaker of Tate's house at the time of her death and the first suspect taken into custody for the killings. Even more shocking, was their discovery of 19 year old William Garretson, of the Lancaster, Ohio area, sitting unharmed and shirtless on a couch in the guesthouse. He says a young woman got in contact with him just before 2000 who claimed she was Sharon Tate's baby and her name was Rosie Polanski. Spouse. Bill Garretson, on the other hand, hears nothing of the scream from the guesthouse, even though he is but a few yards away. I mostly only internally discuss food wants and upcoming meals with myself. Hollywood glitterati panicked. ANSWER: Well, 2 weeks before the incident happened, he gave me a ride up Sunset to the house where I lived.